Kilmarnock Soul Suite

Just landed back from this one. Had forgotten just how far this place is from Leeds. The journey up there was a nightmare.

Being the kind of sensible lass I am :yes: I'd gone to a party Friday night in York & something had caused me to have a terrible sickness bug all the bleeding way to Kilmarnock. Personally I think it was some dodgy cornflakes that I had that morning :(:wicked:. Anyway, I dont know if anyone has tried to throw up out of a car window while going 80 miles away up a motorway, while it's windy, but it had disasterous consequences laugh.gif . So a quick stop at gretna green shopping outlet to buy a new top & have a wash & we were on our way again. Does anyone know of any good car valeters?. Got there just before tea time & headed for a lovely restaurant that is owed by a soulie. Fantastic food, with the added bonus of soul music playing, what more could a girl ask for. It was a friends birthday & Kilmarnock was a birthday suprise for her & she was over the moon. We were all staying in the hotel where the do was & what a fantastic laugh we had. Very pleased with the rooms, bargain at £58.00.

The do itself was good as well, nice venue, very friendly atmosphere & good tunes all night. Spots of the night for me as always when he is on, was Terry Jones, who once again took as all to church. Just wished I had managed to find a bit more energy from somewhere, but was still flagging from my sickness bug & only made it until 1am. But still had a fantastic time with some great friends, Louise & Plum hope you enjoyed your birthdays, & Harry & Plum you had a nice wedding anniversary, looking forward to seeing you all again down here in 2 weeks, am off to Freezerlife in the morning :)

James it was lovely to meet you, thanks for the kind words, will post my piccies up tonight.

The next one is in October & our very own Mr Renton from Darlo is guest deejaying, so have a feeling I might be there!.

Kx

Edited by KirstyM
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Just to agree with Kirsty's comments.....Fantastic night all round....A few sore heads yesterday morning wacko.gif But well worth it!!

Well done to Colin, Terry & of course to our host Bob Jeffries :thumbup:

Just to agree with Kirsty's comments.....Fantastic night all round....A few sore heads yesterday morning wacko.gif But well worth it!!

Well done to Colin, Terry & of course to our host Bob Jeffries :D

CRACKING NIGHT/WEEKEND AND A LOVELY SURPRISE FROM MY WIFE LOUISE ON HER 36TH BIRTHDAY. biggrin.gif

THE 1 AND 1/2 LITRES OF MERLOT WENT DOWN TOO WELL WITH SEROUS CONSEQUENCES. APOLOGIES GO OUT TO THE PETROL STATION STAFF FOR VOMITING ON THE FORECOURT :( AND TO MY WIFE FOR PUTTING ME INTO BED AROUND 1AM ISH

WILL BE BACK TO SUPPORT EWAN 'FAST FEET' RENTON!

NICE VENUE AND FRIENDLY CROWD, JUST A SHAME ITS F****** MILES AWAY.

THANKS TO EWAN & DEBS, HARRY & PLUM & BRI & KIRSTY FOR THEIR CRACK - SPOT ON :rolleyes:

CANT WAIT FOR BRI RAMSEY'S BARBIE WITH THOSE HOME MADE BURGERS MADE OUT OF ERM......... MINCED BEEF :thumbup:

CHEERS GANG SEE YOU AT JOE'S BAR FOR THE ORWELL SPECIAL.

PS. I CANT REMEMBER TAKING MY SHIRT OFF ON SATURDAY , WHAT LUCKY GIRLS YOU ARE :D NICE PHOTO' KIRSTY :wicked:

DAZ

Just landed back from this one. Had forgotten just how far this place is from Leeds. The journey up there was a nightmare.

Being the kind of sensible lass I am whistling.gif I'd gone to a party Friday night in York & something had caused me to have a terrible sickness bug all the bleeding way to Kilmarnock. Personally I think it was some dodgy cornflakes that I had that morning :D:lol: . Anyway, I dont know if anyone has tried to throw up out of a car window while going 80 miles away up a motorway, while it's windy, but it had disasterous consequences :yes: . So a quick stop at gretna green shopping outlet to buy a new top & have a wash & we were on our way again. Does anyone know of any good car valeters?. Got there just before tea time & headed for a lovely restaurant that is owed by a soulie. Fantastic food, with the added bonus of soul music playing, what more could a girl ask for. It was a friends birthday & Kilmarnock was a birthday suprise for her & she was over the moon. We were all staying in the hotel where the do was & what a fantastic laugh we had. Very pleased with the rooms, bargain at £58.00.

The do itself was good as well, nice venue, very friendly atmosphere & good tunes all night. Spots of the night for me as always when he is on, was Terry Jones, who once again took as all to church. Just wished I had managed to find a bit more energy from somewhere, but was still flagging from my sickness bug & only made it until 1am. But still had a fantastic time with some great friends, Louise & Plum hope you enjoyed your birthdays, & Harry & Plum you had a nice wedding anniversary, looking forward to seeing you all again down here in 2 weeks, am off to Freezerlife in the morning :yes:

James it was lovely to meet you, thanks for the kind words, will post my piccies up tonight.

The next one is in October & our very own Mr Renton from Darlo is guest deejaying, so have a feeling I might be there!.

Kx

kirsty. I have been sick when on motorway, so we will say no more!!!!I would be very interested in the dates for this event, because my sister lives by the west coast up there, she used to stay not far from kilmarnock.and she did say there was a soul event, now I know scotland in the past, there just was not much atall, however we do go up and stay twice a year, so would love to pop our heads round the door, we even manage to catch mr watts and mr hunt occasionally!!hope you dont mind me asking.so if someone could pm me dates for any soul do,in those whereabouts,

kirsty. I have been sick when on motorway, so we will say no more!!!!I would be very interested in the dates for this event, because my sister lives by the west coast up there, she used to stay not far from kilmarnock.and she did say there was a soul event, now I know scotland in the past, there just was not much atall, however we do go up and stay twice a year, so would love to pop our heads round the door, we even manage to catch mr watts and mr hunt occasionally!!hope you dont mind me asking.so if someone could pm me dates for any soul do,in those whereabouts,

I'd obviously eaten something dodgy :thumbsup: I know the next one is October 13th, we should be there as one of our bessie mates is deejaying. It's a modern do, 7ts to present day stuff. Bob Jeffries is your man for any dates after that, he's on here.

Might catch you up there, will be able to recognise you from your SS LAAS badge :thumbsup:

Kx

Actually I think I've got the wrong date, 13th is my little girls party. I'm pretty sure it's the 20th, but I'm sure someone else can confirm.It's deffo in October though!

Kx

Guest Jolly

Hi Kirsty

My partner in all things Soulboys was there, And said it was a brilliant night. As for Mr Jeffries. You will be hearing him again on the 15th of September at Bumpin & Stompin @ the Hilton. Same two room format. Northern & Modern

See you all on the 15th :wicked:

jolly :lol:

SORRY ABOUT GETTING THE NAMES MIXED UP :thumbsup: But the girl we deal with At The hilton is called Kelly!

Edited by Jolly