Brighton Got Soul Allnighter Sunday 26 August

After the success of last year nighter were back again August bank holiday Sunday at the excellent Concorde 2 on Maderia Drive, Brighton seafront just east of the Pier. Kicking soundsystem, huge wooden dancefloor and all night bar. Free daytime doo at the Volks also on Maderia Drive.

Bank holiday Sunday 26 August Brighton Northern & Rare Soul allnighter @ The Concorde 2 Maderia Drive, Brighton Main room -Northern Soul with DJ's Roger Stewart (100 Club/Bisley), Warren (Boogaloo Soul), James Trouble (Soul Revolution), Andy BB (Valatone), Chris Dale (Scenesville), Amanda & Sue (Soul Sisters)

Mod/R&B room- Dr Robert, Lee Miller, Mik Parry, Pid, Speed, Mark Raison, Rowly, Rhys Webb & Uygar. 10pm-6am all night bar! Adm £12

Tickets on sale at www.ticketweb.co.uk or www.seetickets.com or telephone 01273 673311

med_gallery_2328_10_92594.jpg

Edited by docrobert
  • Replies 30
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Really, really looking forward to this. Getting a big buzz from the Sarth Landan crew so expecting a big night on the Sunday nighter. If it's as good as last year it'll be a blast - nice to be invited back to play a few tunes as I've got some new platters I'm busting to spin.

Warren Boogaloo

• 2 weeks later...

Really, really looking forward to this. Getting a big buzz from the Sarth Landan crew so expecting a big night on the Sunday nighter. If it's as good as last year it'll be a blast - nice to be invited back to play a few tunes as I've got some new platters I'm busting to spin.

Warren Boogaloo

Hiya Warren,

Just back in the swing of things after Euro Ye Ye which was awesome and can't wait for Brighton now.

Just to let folks know if they were not aware that there is a Mod event on the Friday/Saturday night with DJ's playing 60's Northern, R&B, Ska etc if you wanna make a weekend of it.

9-2am Friday @ Arts Club, Ship Street

Sat 11pm-5am @ Komedia, Gardner St

Finally left out Rowly my apologies mate but updated the Dj list now.

Over and out

Hi Rob, will try and get down for this one.

TIP - despite Concorde2 equipment list, :) ensure someone takes mikes/headphones/record centres. Luckily I had taken some to the BrightonBeach allniter - they were needed.

Hiya Kev,

Cheers for the heads up fella, got three day event in Brighton over the weekend so will come very well prepared (famous last words). See ya Sunday mate if you make it. Ta Rob

Guest Caroline Gration

Brighton Ladies and our Superb Bank Holiday Entourage comin' attcha full throttle!! Last year was absolutely full on and we can't wait!!

Guest SteveC

Carole and I will be travelling down en convoy with Mr Trouble from Bishops Stortford where I'm Djing. Sorry but this is sure to aggravate and excite the Brighton bitches even more Rob. wink.gif

After the success of last year nighter were back again August bank holiday Sunday at the excellent Concorde 2 on Maderia Drive, Brighton seafront just east of the Pier. Kicking soundsystem, huge wooden dancefloor and all night bar. Free daytime doo at the Volks also on Maderia Drive.

Bank holiday Sunday 26 August Brighton Northern & Rare Soul allnighter @ The Concorde 2 Maderia Drive, Brighton Main room -Northern Soul with DJ's Roger Stewart (100 Club/Bisley), Warren (Boogaloo Soul), James Trouble (Soul Revolution), Andy BB (Valatone), Chris Dale (Scenesville), Amanda & Sue (Soul Sisters)

Mod/R&B room- Dr Robert, Lee Miller, Mik Parry, Pid, Speed, Mark Raison, Rowly, Rhys Webb & Uygar. 10pm-6am all night bar! Adm £12

Tickets on sale at www.ticketweb.co.uk or www.seetickets.com or telephone 01273 673311

med_gallery_2328_10_92594.jpg

Hi Rob

I'll be there mate. some of the Nottingham crowed are coming down too ! really looking forward to this wkend !

I'm even missing my own event in Notts.

HOPE there is a ride out this time !!!!!!!

C u there Gary

Guest James Trouble

Carole and I will be travelling down en convoy with Mr Trouble from Bishops Stortford where I'm Djing. Sorry but this is sure to aggravate and excite the Brighton bitches even more Rob. :thumbup:

I hope you can keep up round the bends Steve! I've not given my motor a good run out since the smash on the motorway comgin back from Lifeline all those months ago! Nightmare repair job that's only just been completed after the garage tried 4 times to get it back to rights, everythign ok now including a full suspension rebuild :boxing:

Planning of putting plenty of uptempo 60s bangers in the box, and looking forward to the Mik Parry show in the RnB room. That lads always quality entertainment... :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Guest andyrattigan

Cant wait for it :boxing: Aint been out since Cleethorpes and am missing Jack's this weekend due to work. :thumbup: Really wanted to hear Irish Pip spin again. He is a proper dancefloor friendly DJ.

Good line up for Brighton. James T and Simon and the Soul Sisters never fail to please. :thumbsup:

Guest SteveC

I hope you can keep up round the bends Steve! I've not given my motor a good run out since the smash on the motorway comgin back from Lifeline all those months ago! Nightmare repair job that's only just been completed after the garage tried 4 times to get it back to rights, everythign ok now including a full suspension rebuild :huh:

Think you've explained in a nutshell why I probably won't be able to keep up with you round the bends :thumbsup:

Save yourself the hassle and get to Brighton in one piece next weekend - follow the old boy :thumbup::boxing:

I hope you can keep up round the bends Steve! I've not given my motor a good run out since the smash on the motorway comgin back from Lifeline all those months ago! Nightmare repair job that's only just been completed after the garage tried 4 times to get it back to rights, everythign ok now including a full suspension rebuild :boxing:

Planning of putting plenty of uptempo 60s bangers in the box, and looking forward to the Mik Parry show in the RnB room. That lads always quality entertainment... :thumbsup:

Thought Mik was at the Sheffield Alldayer now instead ?!

Well, only 6 days to go and I am so looking forward to this. Roll on the sun, sand, sangria, seaside and soul. Have booked for the whole weekend so that's the diet down the plughole.

Hi Warren, Great set saturday mate look forward to you spinning in Brighton

Start the dier next week Warren thats what I keep telling myself!

See ya down there fella!

Ta Rob

Guest James Trouble

Hi Warren, Great set saturday mate look forward to you spinning in Brighton

Start the dier next week Warren thats what I keep telling myself!

See ya down there fella!

Ta Rob

Rob, what's the hotel/B+B situation like, any pointers? I was going to drive, but now think I'll have a few beers so will need a place to crash for a few hours...

Rob, what's the hotel/B+B situation like, any pointers? I was going to drive, but now think I'll have a few beers so will need a place to crash for a few hours...

Hi James,

Most the hotels hold out for a minimum of 2 nights over a bank holiday.

If you give this number a ring Sunday daytime 0906 711 22 55 or www.visitbrighton.com they will point you in the right direction.

Cheers Rob

Guest Carrie Mehome

I'm staying at the old Ship Hotel for just the Sunday night - this is the only hotel we could find for 1 night. The only snag is it's not a budget hotel. Tel no is - 01273 329 001.

Guest Caroline Gration

Hi James,

I've got large sofa space, duvets and all the facilities, if that's any help. Beds all taken up, sorry - but you're very welcome to crash at mine. Always room at the inn.

Cheers, me dear,

Caroline

Guest James Trouble

Hi James,

I've got large sofa space, duvets and all the facilities, if that's any help. Beds all taken up, sorry - but you're very welcome to crash at mine. Always room at the inn.

Cheers, me dear,

Caroline

Cheers hun! I'll take you up on that offer, you'll have to let me know your postcode, txt me....

Soz didn't reply to your email a couple of weeks ago, been ridculously busy, end of the world and all that...

You managed to find that 45 yet?

x

Guest andyrattigan

Only a day to go! And if it's as good as last years it will be a cracker of a night. I wonder will the Mod room be full of Austin Powers lookalikes again? Some very psychadelic looking mods and sounds coming out of that room last August. It was a bit scary for me to be honest but each to their own. I will be sticking to the Soul room and can't bloody wait :rolleyes:

Edited by andyrattigan