Soul Sam And Arthur Fenn At The City Club Peterboro

Guest StefMalajny

Guest StefMalajny

Great night of Northern to be had this Friday at the City Club Pterborough in its warm up event to the Dean Parrish nite, Sam and Arthur be doing there thing behind the decks.

Fun starts at 7.30 thru till 2 admision is a fiver all profits to The NSPCC

free pizzas get delivered at 1am for the chill hour in the atium

Oh forgot to mention the Boootiful Sister Dawn will be over from Lincoln spinning a few

More details on the EASC website

• Replies 41
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest gordon russell

Anyone going from Hertfordshire to this ?

although ARTHUR and SAM are a must, l wanted to come to this great venue .......but going to BURNLEY WAH HEY so sadly will have to give it a miss

Guest StefMalajny

looking like a good night, lots of interest for Sam and Arthur and both the early Roockies are bringing followers down so should be good one

and Sister Dawn always has a following especially from stary eyed boys

Great night of Northern to be had this Friday at the City Club Pterborough in its warm up event to the Dean Parrish nite, Sam and Arthur be doing there thing behind the decks.

Oh forgot to mention the Boootiful Sister Dawn will be over from Lincoln spinning a few

post-8802-1185272764_thumb.jpg

and Sister Dawn always has a following especially from stary eyed boys

...and after hearing her at the Lifeline Weekender (Sunday), there's also those of us who just appreciate really good soul sounds :thumbsup:

(We'll see ya when we get there Martin - make mine a Guinness biggrin.gif ),

m

I found this in yell.com :

The City Club

21, Priestgate, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE1 1JL

>> MAP HERE <<

Can someone please confirm the above address is correct?

m

Hi Maria,

that's the post code I got given last night. looking at your linked map that is in the town shopping centre only a short walk from the train station (if not lugging records)

M

hi all,

if you come into P.boro' over the main railway bridge, take a right at the roundabout, then stay in the left hand lane, then take the first left turn that is possible & this will take you along the back entrance to WOOLWORTH'S.

the city club is straight ahead of you, but you will need to park in the municipal car park on the left.

hope this helps?

john mc.

...and after hearing her at the Lifeline Weekender (Sunday), there's also those of us who just appreciate really good soul sounds :thumbsup:

(We'll see ya when we get there Martin - make mine a Guinness biggrin.gif ),

m

I must have missed her DJing as I was still in bed...I heard it all just couldn't see her :lol: .

I'll pack you a straw for your pint of the dark stuff.

This Friday will also see Mick Cooper d.j.ing at City Club for the las time, so please come and make it a brilliant night for him to say thanks.

post-8802-1185370935_thumb.jpg

This Friday will also see Mick Cooper d.j.ing at City Club for the las time, so please come and make it a brilliant night for him to say thanks.

I'm going to pay my £5 at the door, shake Coopers hand, have a beer and f*** off. For all his faults he's done some nice things at the City Club has our Michael. Its just a shame that those who should know better have in effect forced his arm to quit.

Cya Friday Coops.

we are gonna make the trip from York for this one -a couple of great DJs , plus the residents at this excellent venue

Guest StefMalajny

That is Michael

Still as eloquent as ever ,if not more so

He djays now in a very thespian style, an up and coming star at 49

Guest gibber

Have you got the DJ Times for Sam and Arthur?

Down the dog track on Friday night though it could be good option if I start loose to much money

biggrin.gif

Muzzy man we have a gallery for flyers, try not to post them on every thread with nowt else to say with it.

Thanks

Baz

I'm sorry but thought there may be a relevance in pasting a flyer with the event info.

The one I posted with Mick Cooper on, was not so much a flyer, more a mini tribute to someone who has done alot for the club concerned, that is why I did say something else, about it being his last night at the venue. Some I have put up to help others that are not quite au fait with computers and are not sure how to do it. Sorry if I've offended, not intentional.

Have you got the DJ Times for Sam and Arthur?

Down the dog track on Friday night though it could be good option if I start loose to much money

biggrin.gif

D.J. Times as requested

upstairs:

7:30/8:30 MATT (rookie from Peterborough)

8:30/9:30 MARTIN STANFORD

9:30/10:30 SISTER DAWN

10:30/12:00 SOUL SAM

12:00/1:00 MARTIN STANFORD

1:00 CLOSE

downstairs:

7:30/8:30 WAYNE (Hairdresser from peterborough!!)

8:30/9:30 DOUG HALL

9:30/10:30 SOUL SAM

10:30/12:00 ARTHUR FENN

12:00/12:30 RUPE

12:30/2:00 MICK COOPER & DOUG HALL

2:00 CLOSE

Guest gibber

D.J. Times as requested

upstairs:

7:30/8:30 MATT (rookie from Peterborough)

8:30/9:30 MARTIN STANFORD

9:30/10:30 SISTER DAWN

10:30/12:00 SOUL SAM

12:00/1:00 MARTIN STANFORD

downstairs:

7:30/8:30 WAYNE (Hairdresser from peterborough!!)

8:30/9:30 DOUG HALL

9:30/10:30 SOUL SAM

10:30/12:00 ARTHUR FENN

12:00/12:30 RUPE

12:30/2:00 MICK COOPER & DOUG HALL

Cheers thumbsup.gif

Cheers thumbsup.gif

Benny, Sorry bout this, about 30mins after posting, found out it was altered, this is revised timings

upstairs:

7:30/8:30

MATT (rookie from Peterborough)

8:30/9:30

MARTIN STANFORD & MICK COOPER

9:30/10:00

DOUG HALL

10:00/11:00

SISTER DAWN

11:00/12:00

SOUL SAM

12:00/1:00

MARTIN STANFORD

downstairs:

WAYNE

9:00/10:00

SOUL SAM

10:00/10:30

RUPE

10:30/12:30

ARTHUR FENN

12:30/2:00

DOUG HALL & MICK COOPER

Guest gibber

Hell.....Soul Sam and Arthur are on at the same time in different rooms!!!

Thought that my self when seeing it.

With turning up late after other commitments I would have to miss either Sam or Arthur. Just too old to keep running up and down those stairs there

Guest Andy Kempster

Hell.....Soul Sam and Arthur are on at the same time in different rooms!!!

i thought that too martin, but look at the revised dj times, sam then arthur in the same room...wahey thumbup.gif

Guest StefMalajny

i thought that too martin, but look at the revised dj times, sam then arthur in the same room...wahey :P

and Wayne the haidresser will be doing the odd trim in the lounge, free to help the charity, :huh: he may have a pint or two after his Roockie spot so wouldnt be too keen :D

Edited by StefMalajny

Benny, Sorry bout this, about 30mins after posting, found out it was altered, this is revised timings

upstairs:

MATT (rookie from Peterborough)

8:30/9:30

MARTIN STANFORD & MICK COOPER

9:30/10:00

DOUG HALL

10:00/11:00

SISTER DAWN

11:00/12:00

SOUL SAM

12:00/1:00

MARTIN STANFORD

downstairs:

WAYNE

9:00/10:00

SOUL SAM

10:00/10:30

RUPE

10:30/12:30

ARTHUR FENN

12:30/2:00

DOUG HALL & MICK COOPER

so who's on 8-30 till 9 downstairs

Guest StefMalajny

As part of the build up to the Dean Parrish nite at the City Club, local radio DJ Ian Gray of BBC radio Canbridgeshire is gonna interveiw Soul Sam to get an insite into this great DJ.think it will be great to discover how he has managed to uncover so many great sounds,

shows on next Tuesday and will be on the net

If Sam knows theres another half hour going , he will nab that for sure

Asked him to fill in for 10mins for me once at the start, but try as I did (and I did!), I could not get him off the decks for my first hour - as he danced away happily and kept saying that he was alright doing it, each time I said I could take over now. It didn't even matter that there was nobody else in the room yet :P

If it wasn't for his bladder, he says he could go on for hours and hours :thumbsup:

Lovely to see someone that enthusiastic, even though he started DJing around 1968 :P

- Ya just gotta love him! :)

m

Asked him to fill in for 10mins for me once at the start, but try as I did (and I did!), I could not get him off the decks for my first hour - as he danced away happily and kept saying that he was alright doing it, each time I said I could take over now. It didn't even matter that there was nobody else in the room yet :yes:

If it wasn't for his bladder, he says he could go on for hours and hours :thumbsup:

Lovely to see someone that enthusiastic, even though he started DJing around 1968 :(

- Ya just gotta love him! :no:

m

i'll have to keep a eye on him tonight then , seem's ive only got 30 mins.and i follow him. :wicked:

Guest StefMalajny

We had that with sam and Ginger last time , they were loving it and the likes if skip had steam coming out his ears as he was trying to get his hour in, which disintergrated to 40 mins

Guest StefMalajny

Ask Sam or Arthur when you next see them, they just love the place and the atmosphere it generates, what a fantastic turnout last night, many thanks to everyone that turned up, just made me feel good inside to see so many people with smiles on there faces

Thank you

and the added bonus was we sold about 50 tickets for Dean Parrish wow that one is gonna be a goodie

Ask Sam or Arthur when you next see them, they just love the place and the atmosphere it generates, what a fantastic turnout last night, many thanks to everyone that turned up, just made me feel good inside to see so many people with smiles on there faces

Thank you

and the added bonus was we sold about 50 tickets for Dean Parrish wow that one is gonna be a goodie

chuffed for ya.