Soul Shack Is Back

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

I have just been informed that this Saturday will see the return of The Soul Shack, Whitworths, Wellingborough.

It will be an evening of right across the board soul music. With sounds current and popular provided by Barry Looker, Paul Panton and Gibby.

These events are always popular and it always proves to be an excellent evening. I would advise anyone going to get there early. Kickoff is usually about 8pm and goes on until 1am.

So hopefully i will see you all there this coming Saturday evening.

Regards

Kev.

CREAM CRACKER 2ND ANNIVERSARY. 11TH AUGUST.

Edited by kev such
  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kev such

hi Kev,

is this the same little place where Mark D. used to run his night's from? if so, has he decided to stop his involvement?

cheers,

john mc.

Afternoon John.

It is the same place mate.

Not sure regarding Mark D still running it John.

regards to Dot.

Kev.

hi Kev,

is this the same little place where Mark D. used to run his night's from? if so, has he decided to stop his involvement?

cheers,

john mc.

Not sure wether Mark is still involved but i heard Gibby is running this now?

Afternoon John.

It is the same place mate.

Not sure regarding Mark D still running it John.

regards to Dot.

Kev.

Hi Kev

Just spoke to Gibby on the phone and its definitely Gibby running the show.

Its a shame i cant make this one, as its Gibby's first event on his own and he has bought all brand new equipment. (serious)

He has bought 24 record decks, 35 Amps, 104 Speakers and 6 Generators just in case anything goes wrong. (only joking) laugh.giflaugh.gif:lol::shades::lol::lol: .

Hope all goes well Gibby.

Guest soulful ady

Hi kev might have to venture down to this one,managed to get a night off,hopefully will cu there if not the next creamcracker is a must for us. :rolleyes:

all the best Ady

Hi all

The Soul(ful) Shack event on Saturday 28th July was organised without my prior knowledge or consent. No one consulted me or even mentioned the event to me until I discovered a flyer in a local shop window a couple of weeks ago. I have no connection with any events taking place at Whitworths FC from now on. My last appearance behind the decks for the time being will be on August 11th when I will be guesting at the Cream Cracker. I hope everyone has a good time on Saturday and I hope the event goes well. I do appreciate that Whitworths FC are entitled to hire their room out to whoever they please, and I hope the nights continue successfully. I would like to thank all those that have supported the event since its inception in 2001, even in the days when numbers were a lot lower than they are now. I would also like to thank all the DJ's who guested for me - without them the Shack would not have been the success it has become. It was becoming increasingly difficult to organise the events, and I appreciate that for some 3 events a year wasn't enough. Nothing lasts forever as they say, but let's hope you have some good memories of the nights past, and will also enjoy the nights coming up in the future. I am pursuing other avenues outside the scene, but hope to stay in touch with some of you guys and gals in Soulville from time to time.

'I'm on my way, out of your sight .....'

Keep the faith

Mark D

hi Mark,

that's a terrible way to be treated, especially when you ran the event for so long. for anyone to step in @ your venue, not consult with you & then to make matters worse, use the same name for the event is unforgivable.

not sure what this weeks turnout will be, as the Rushden boys have a night lined up, which i'm sure will be well attended.

good luck with whatever you choose to do in the future & no doubt i will see you out & about!!

cheers,

john mc.

Hi Mark, didn't realise you didn't know about what's going on! I think it's a shame as I thought it was a good little do. I'm not sure what the current music policy is but guess Paul Panton will play some of the rarer stuff and Gibby a few crowd pleasers.

With 2 events on the same night within a few miles it seems we are spoilt for choice. Having been here a few times in the last year or so I'm sure it will be a good night! Good luck guys.

Mark, I will see you at the Cream Cracker mate!

All the best, Steve B.

Guest Timothy

Hi all

The Soul(ful) Shack event on Saturday 28th July was organised without my prior knowledge or consent. No one consulted me or even mentioned the event to me until I discovered a flyer in a local shop window a couple of weeks ago. I have no connection with any events taking place at Whitworths FC from now on. My last appearance behind the decks for the time being will be on August 11th when I will be guesting at the Cream Cracker. I hope everyone has a good time on Saturday and I hope the event goes well. I do appreciate that Whitworths FC are entitled to hire their room out to whoever they please, and I hope the nights continue successfully. I would like to thank all those that have supported the event since its inception in 2001, even in the days when numbers were a lot lower than they are now. I would also like to thank all the DJ's who guested for me - without them the Shack would not have been the success it has become. It was becoming increasingly difficult to organise the events, and I appreciate that for some 3 events a year wasn't enough. Nothing lasts forever as they say, but let's hope you have some good memories of the nights past, and will also enjoy the nights coming up in the future. I am pursuing other avenues outside the scene, but hope to stay in touch with some of you guys and gals in Soulville from time to time.

'I'm on my way, out of your sight .....'

Keep the faith

Mark D

:ohmy::lol: thats bang out of order mark ! we wont be going to this one now thats a fact. i've never heard of such underhanded goings on. we were looking forward to this night, but now we'll go to the do in rushden instead.

good luck with whatever you do in the future sir :unsure:

reading between the lines, i noticed that kev such has made the initial posting & have read on these pages in the past how he has done nothing but dig at one of the people involved with the night at rushden. so is this anything to do with kev such & his mates trying to cause problems for that night, looks like it to me. you should be ashamed of yourself :)

rushden here we come !

Guest Cher1962

:)

Totally agree with Timothy here Mark - totally out of order and never heard anything like it! I thought you may have been giving it up due to other commitments but if you didnt know anything about it then that is disgusting! Its something that is just not done!

Wouldnt have been going to this night anyway as the Rushden one is the one we are doing and been looking forward to!

In Kev's defence I should imagine he started the thread just to give support to another local night instead of the usual back-biting and slagging off that seems to be happening more and more lately and I dont think for one minute he would think any different to what the rest of us are thinking. Thats for him to say obviously.

Good job you are a nice bloke Mark as I cant imagine a lot of promoters around here putting up with their venue being taken off them lightly!

Good luck for the future Mark!

Cheryl

Guest kev such

:ohmy::lol: thats bang out of order mark ! we wont be going to this one now thats a fact. i've never heard of such underhanded goings on. we were looking forward to this night, but now we'll go to the do in rushden instead.

good luck with whatever you do in the future sir :unsure:

reading between the lines, i noticed that kev such has made the initial posting & have read on these pages in the past how he has done nothing but dig at one of the people involved with the night at rushden. so is this anything to do with kev such & his mates trying to cause problems for that night, looks like it to me. you should be ashamed of yourself :)

rushden here we come !

To clarify a point or two.

I AM NOT involved in anyway with the new promoters at the Soul Shack, my alligiance lies with Mark D, i am also gutted at the way these events have been arranged with NO contact with Mark D and are now being held. At the time of posting my initial thread i was not aware of all the facts (ran before i could walk so to speak) I am now aware of the full facts regarding this issue, and i will also NOT be attending the Whitworths event. Mark D IS a very good friend of mine and we have supported each other over the last two years with both our ventures. As previously stated Mark has been running this event for the last 6 years and as stated the club are fully intitled to hire the hall out to anyone they choose. However common courtesy would have been to inform him.

With respect to the Rushden event the rather petty goings on between my self and a certain person involved have been going on for approximately 2 years now and until we meet it will continue to do so. I DO NOT in anyway wish to involve or cause animosity towards any other people involved with Rushden and i do wish them luck with their respective venture.

To be honest i am sick and tired of the smallmindedness of it all and as said before until i meet with the person this will continue but ONLY between ME and the other person concerned.

I hope that the above post clarifies any misunderstanding.

I am HOPING that Mark D will not be locking up his records in his loft and that he WILL continue to DJ at the Cream Cracker, where as he knows he IS ALWAYS welcome.

Regards

Kev.

Guest Cher1962

Thats the trouble with you Kev..... you stick your nose in where its not wanted and then go and drop a clanger!! Stop trying to be nice, it doesnt suit you and keep out of things that dont concern you! Ha! :)

Hopefully see you and Karen at Rushden on Sat.

Cheryl

To clarify a point or two.

I AM NOT involved in anyway with the new promoters at the Soul Shack, my alligiance lies with Mark D, i am also gutted at the way these events have been arranged with NO contact with Mark D and are now being held. At the time of posting my initial thread i was not aware of all the facts (ran before i could walk so to speak) I am now aware of the full facts regarding this issue, and i will also NOT be attending the Whitworths event. Mark D IS a very good friend of mine and we have supported each other over the last two years with both our ventures. As previously stated Mark has been running this event for the last 6 years and as stated the club are fully intitled to hire the hall out to anyone they choose. However common courtesy would have been to inform him.

With respect to the Rushden event the rather petty goings on between my self and a certain person involved have been going on for approximately 2 years now and until we meet it will continue to do so. I DO NOT in anyway wish to involve or cause animosity towards any other people involved with Rushden and i do wish them luck with their respective venture.

To be honest i am sick and tired of the smallmindedness of it all and as said before until i meet with the person this will continue but ONLY between ME and the other person concerned.

I hope that the above post clarifies any misunderstanding.

I am HOPING that Mark D will not be locking up his records in his loft and that he WILL continue to DJ at the Cream Cracker, where as he knows he IS ALWAYS welcome.

Regards

Kev.

Yep i can back Kev up on all he has said , Mark D is one of the nice guys ! and if he has been stitched up i am sorry to hear it. see you at Kevs do mate!....ref. other comments seems to me that people are getting a little paroniod about this other do in a town called Rushden...no one seems to be allowed to make genuine enquiries about what is after all a new event and gets further ridiculed and told to leave the thread....i have to say the behaviour of some people on here who really are old enough to know better is just mind bogling :) ....wish i could share some of the pms i and others have recieved...i have seen more grown up behaviour from a bunch of kids ....truly shamefull ....Kev just remember at present certain people believe they are the only ones that should hold the keys to the "soul temple" forget it mate just do your own thing...and rise above it...trust me there aint no temple :unsure:

Yep i can back Kev up on all he has said , Mark D is one of the nice guys ! and if he has been stitched up i am sorry to hear it. see you at Kevs do mate!....ref. other comments seems to me that people are getting a little paroniod about this other do in a town called Rushden...no one seems to be allowed to make genuine enquiries about what is after all a new event and gets further ridiculed and told to leave the thread....i have to say the behaviour of some people on here who really are old enough to know better is just mind bogling :) ....wish i could share some of the pms i and others have recieved...i have seen more grown up behaviour from a bunch of kids ....truly shamefull ....Kev just remember at present certain people believe they are the only ones that should hold the keys to the "soul temple" forget it mate just do your own thing...and rise above it...trust me there aint no temple :unsure:

Must say...i am getting a bit sick of the nastiness at present..and i think it is very sad to see behaviour of supposidly mature people....i worked in a nursery...and must say that 2 year olds acted with more dignity than we are seeing at present....Kev S was only passing on details about a local event...but somehow has been made to be the villian of the piece....to his credit...he has come on here and given an valid explanation....why he should have been put in this position whilst others are still firings arrows without giving any accounts is beyond me...however...that should show the measure of the man....Delxx

Must say...i am getting a bit sick of the nastiness at present..and i think it is very sad to see behaviour of supposidly mature people....i worked in a nursery...and must say that 2 year olds acted with more dignity than we are seeing at present....Kev S was only passing on details about a local event...but somehow has been made to be the villian of the piece....to his credit...he has come on here and given an valid explanation....why he should have been put in this position whilst others are still firings arrows without giving any accounts is beyond me...however...that should show the measure of the man....Delxx

Hiya Del :rolleyes:

I recon some people are suffering from 'Northern Soul Torrets!' - That would explain everything!!! :rolleyes: ...The scenes too small for all this -B*LLOCKS! - Sorry, can't stop myself sometimes! :unsure:

Len.

SOUL @ SILKS SAT AUG 25TH - DAVE THORLEY - ROGER BANKS - PETE BURTON - ME - 8PM - 2AM

Hiya Del :rolleyes:

I recon some people are suffering from 'Northern Soul Torrets!' - That would explain everything!!! :rolleyes: ...The scenes too small for all this -B*LLOCKS! - Sorry, can't stop myself sometimes! :unsure:

Len.

Hi to you and Nina,....hope yourselfs and Junior are well...

i totally agree with you ....why does everything have to come down to this Soulier than thou Yardstick????,....Freecking enjoy yerserlves.....who knows what is around that corner....all i know is that Kev doesnt deserve this sh##e.....He really doesnt......BTW...how dare you have the next Silks...whilst we are on holiday :lol: ne mind...we ill try our hardest to be at the next one...cya Delxx

Guest kev such

Hiya Del wave.gif

I recon some people are suffering from 'Northern Soul Torrets!' - That would explain everything!!! :yes: ...The scenes too small for all this -B*LLOCKS! - Sorry, can't stop myself sometimes! :lol:

Len.

SOUL @ SILKS SAT AUG 25TH - DAVE THORLEY - ROGER BANKS - PETE BURTON - ME - 8PM - 2AM

True Len true.

I just want to get on and "ENJOY THE MUSIC" i am NOT aspiring to be a major venue in the country and dont expect to be classed as a major venue.I think the bollotics is mainly some misguided way of trying to force venues to close or to deter people from attending, but thats up to the dancers to decide and NOT other promoters who haven't even attended. But i just want to dance,drink and be in the company of friends and like minded people and go home Cream Crackered.And regarding apologising for what you've put, dont mate, once that auto-pilot kicks in theres no stopping it until you are satisfied.

Look forward to seeing you on the 11th mate, thanks for PM.

Regards

Kev.

Edited by kev such

It is a shame that in the Northern soul scene down here we have so many politics, instead of all this rivalry you should all work and stand together. We should not be slagging anybody off for trying to promote a new evening of the best music on this planet.

Myself from up North would support as many local events as possible whether it was Northern, Modern, Crossover, R&B or obscure soul and this Saturday will be no exception I will be going and will support both venues.

End of the day all the soulies want is fantastic music, good atmosphere, great company and to be able to dance plus cheap drinks would be a bonus.

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT[

Kev Bourne

Northerner

Guest kev such

Hey Kev,have they still got the stocks in Rothwell? If so can we lock you in them for a couple of hours before the Cracker so we can all pelt you with rotting vegitation and copies of Love on a Mountain Top on the way to the do! :P .

Thats a good idea Steve, do you think anyone could be bothered to pelt me with rotten veg or bricks? What a stupid statement, i'm sure people would go out of their way to do it. I know i would .

Regards

kev.

Guest kev such

Thats the trouble with you Kev..... you stick your nose in where its not wanted and then go and drop a clanger!! Stop trying to be nice, it doesnt suit you and keep out of things that dont concern you! Ha! :P

Hopefully see you and Karen at Rushden on Sat.

Cheryl

Hello Cheryl.

Yep me and Karen are definately going to Rushden this Saturday. I've had my hair done and everything.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

:P Count me in !

I bloomin knew it, when i replied and posted it i thought, i can guess who'll be the first to agree. I could have put money on it. Only rule of the contest is that you have to throw items from a moving car whilst wearing a balaclava. OK?

Kev.

Hello Cheryl.

Yep me and Karen are definately going to Rushden this Saturday. I've had my hair done and everything.

Regards

Kev.

hi Kev,

your hair will be ready at about 6pm on fri if you want to come and collect it, or perhaps you'd prefer me to bring it to the do??

see you there,

john mc.

hi Kev,

your hair will be ready at about 6pm on fri if you want to come and collect it, or perhaps you'd prefer me to bring it to the do??

see you there,

john mc.

And what will it be....the Elvis look....or the Wing Commander comb over perhaps :thumbsup: Delxx

Guest Cher1962

I bloomin knew it, when i replied and posted it i thought, i can guess who'll be the first to agree. I could have put money on it. Only rule of the contest is that you have to throw items from a moving car whilst wearing a balaclava. OK?

Kev.

Easy peasy ....... sounds like a normal Saturday night for me then! :thumbsup:

PS - go for the Elvis look Del recommends... might just improve your street cred or you could borrow my balaclava and improve the whole image!

See ya Sat (you may have to point yourself out if you are in disguise though) :D

Cheryl :thumbsup:

Guest kev such

hi Kev,

see you there,

john mc.

Can you bring it with you please John, but can you not dry it by hanging it out of the window on the way over, as last time it took me 3 hours to pick the flies out of it.

Kev.

Guest kev such

And what will it be....the Elvis look....or the Wing Commander comb over perhaps :thumbsup: Delxx

When you say Elvis Del, do you mean Costello or Presley, because i wouldn't want to get it wrong and look stupid?

Kev.

Guest kev such

Easy peasy ....... sounds like a normal Saturday night for me then! :thumbsup:

PS - go for the Elvis look Del recommends... might just improve your street cred or you could borrow my balaclava and improve the whole image!

See ya Sat (you may have to point yourself out if you are in disguise though) :lol:

Cheryl :wicked:

I'll see you Saturday matey.

Kev.

Guest glyn-w

Hey Kev.. cant make this one mate, great little venue..but im off to Dave and Baz`s doo at the John Whites do Rushden.. hope it goes well mate :thumbsup:

Guest kev such

Hey Kev.. cant make this one mate, great little venue..but im off to Dave and Baz`s doo at the John Whites do Rushden.. hope it goes well mate :thumbsup:

Hi Glynn.

The Whitworths event has nothing to do with me mate.

I'm also going to Baz and Daves do at John Whites.

See you Saturday.

Kev

Edited by kev such
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I was stopped in town today and asked by one of the DJ's at Whitworths to retract my comments, because they were offensive to one of the other organisers of the event, and had apparently caused some punters to take a shot at the DJ's for the way I had been 'treated'. Apparently it was the management of Whitworths Fc that approached the other DJ's at the Shack and asked them organise a monthly event, again without the football club or anyone else even letting me this had been done. I have better things to do that be involved with petty arguments. I have two teenage daughters and a disabled wife to look after. I wish every success to the nights down at Whitworths.

Keep the faith

Mark D

Hi all

I was stopped in town today and asked by one of the DJ's at Whitworths to retract my comments, because they were offensive to one of the other organisers of the event, and had apparently caused some punters to take a shot at the DJ's for the way I had been 'treated'. Apparently it was the management of Whitworths Fc that approached the other DJ's at the Shack and asked them organise a monthly event, again without the football club or anyone else even letting me this had been done. I have better things to do that be involved with petty arguments. I have two teenage daughters and a disabled wife to look after. I wish every success to the nights down at Whitworths.

Keep the faith

Mark D

I don't see anything offensive in your original post Mark, so if that's how you seen it, then tell them to "do one".

even if they were approached by the club itself, its common decency to inform you, as you were the organiser of the existing do's @ that venue.

regards,

john mc.