Fantastic Four Lp

Chalky

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Tamla UK LP of the Fantastic Four, the one that has Can't Stop Looking For My Baby on it, how much please.

Also the David Ruffin lp, forget the title but it has Walk Away From Love. Never heard the lp, what's the other tracks on it like?

£40,...............incoming :D

Social source share

cheers chaps, did have the FF years ago and sold it for £75 mid 90's. Seen a copy what I thought cheapish and just wondering todays value.
:thumbup:

Might take a chance on the David Ruffin too as that was only 6 quid. If they are still there
:D

I'll give yoiu 6 quid for David Ruffin if you do"t like it Calky
:D

Cheers Paul

Social source share

The David Ruffin LP is very easy to find and cheap as chips. At one time I think I had 8 spare copies!

Motown often gave David Ruffin second-rate material, that´s why he didn´t have many hits as a solo artist, despite his vocal talents, but the LP you´re referring to is quite good I think.

I guess I have most of the officially released David (and Jimmy) Ruffin LPs, so if you have any further questions, don´t hesitate to hit me up.

Melismo

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Might take a chance on the David Ruffin too as that was only 6 quid. If they are still there rolleyes.gif

The best tracks in my opinion on the David Ruffin LP are Cant stop the rain, Questions, Hey woman, and of course the indemader. Got mint US copies if needed, at a tenner a time, plus £2.50 postage.

Martin

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I've got 'Best of The Fantastic Four' on Canadian Tamla Motown, also has 'Can't Stop...' on it. Although it says 'best of' the sleeves notes read like it's their debut album with lines like 'Let me introduce you...'. It's got four huge different coloured 4s on the front, is this the same as the UK album?

Social source share

Guest phillybuster

The best tracks in my opinion on the David Ruffin LP are Cant stop the rain, Questions, Hey woman, and of course the indemader. Got mint US copies if needed, at a tenner a time, plus £2.50 postage.

Martin

[/quote

That L.P was "In My Stride",the one he's on about is "Who Am I"

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Martin

That L.P was "In My Stride",the one he's on about is "Who Am I"

Woops, sorry about that, thanks for crrecting me. He's not an artist I know a lot about and I got confused with the "Can't Stop..." element of the two different artists. I now have Who I Am in my hand, STML 12012 brown sleeve UK Tamla 1975, few light surface marks with minimal effect, anyone need it for £10 including postage by any chance ?

Martin

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Woops, sorry about that, thanks for crrecting me. He's not an artist I know a lot about and I got confused with the "Can't Stop..." element of the two different artists. I now have Who I Am in my hand, STML 12012 brown sleeve UK Tamla 1975, few light surface marks with minimal effect, anyone need it for £10 including postage by any chance ?

Martin

Just sold it. A few other David Ruffin LP titles available on request. Also will be posting up fresh LP sales list in coming days.

Thanks, Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!