The Connaught Hotel Wolverhampton Fri 3rd Aug

The next Northern soul / Motown night in the large main ballroom at The Connaught Hotel Wolverhampton (Main A41 five minutes from city centre) will be held on Friday 3rd August.

Running from 8pm till 1 am admission £5.00 OTD.

It is a luxurious venue with a large sprung wooden dancefloor.No riff raff please :D

We have a hand stamp if you fancy the short journey outside for a cigarette.

Starting from this month there will be a special drinks promotion on bottled beers.

There will be free 30 track CD's to the first 50 through the door.

Last month was awesome with a large turnout , somehow I think it will be even busier this time.

• Replies 136
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The next Northern soul / Motown night in the large main ballroom at The Connaught Hotel Wolverhampton (Main A41 five minutes from city centre) will be held on Friday 3rd August.

Running from 8pm till 1 am admission £5.00 OTD.

It is a luxurious venue with a large sprung wooden dancefloor.No riff raff please :thumbsup:

We have a hand stamp if you fancy the short journey outside for a cigarette.

Starting from this month there will be a special drinks promotion on bottled beers.

There will be free 30 track CD's to the first 50 through the door.

Last month was awesome with a large turnout , somehow I think it will be even busier this time.

Hiya craig, pretty please do one of those CD's for me.

OR ELSE :thumbsup:

Suzy xx

I'll tell what Sue , if no one turns up you can have all 50 :thumbsup:

Got Chalky's 10 tracks and now Phil's 10 and theres some cracking stuff gonna be on them. Just got to choose 10 myself tonight.

By the way theres a speed dating night up in the Starlight room the same night as us so they'll probably all end up downstairs if they have got any money left at £20.00 a go :thumbsup:

Guest Phil Richards

I'll tell what Sue , if no one turns up you can have all 50 :wicked:

Got Chalky's 10 tracks and now Phil's 10 and theres some cracking stuff gonna be on them. Just got to choose 10 myself tonight.

By the way theres a speed dating night up in the Starlight room the same night as us so they'll probably all end up downstairs if they have got any money left at £20.00 a go :thumbsup:

No good you going to the speed dating :lol:

I'll tell what Sue , if no one turns up you can have all 50 :wicked:

Think you will have more of a problem with people turning up and wanting one, after all 50 have gone! :thumbsup:

Don't spoil it with your 10 will you Craig.? :lol:

Suzy xx

Morning all

Thought I'd poke my nose in.How does Craig know about speed dating. Does Dawnie know about what he gets up to in his spare time !!

Pat :wicked:

He organises them in his spare time Pat. :lol::( And he has a lot of spare time!! :thumbsup:

Suzy xx

He organises them in his spare time Pat. :wicked::lol: And he has a lot of spare time!! :thumbsup:

Suzy xx

S'pose it makes a change from walking the streets, which is what he was doing when I saw him :(

Have a good weekend and we'll see you soon.

Pat x

S'pose it makes a change from walking the streets, which is what he was doing when I saw him :)

Have a good weekend and we'll see you soon.

Pat x

He tells Dawnie, that he's going to work? :thumbsup: but he's actually walking the streets looking for people for his speed dating events!! :Pnot_i.gif:P tut tut, shame on you Craig!

Suzy xx

Guest Dawnie

He tells Dawnie, that he's going to work? :P but he's actually walking the streets looking for people for his speed dating events!! ohmy.gifnot_i.gif:) tut tut, shame on you Craig!

Suzy xx

Hi Pat & Suzy,

I've just read your post has you can probably guess I knew nothing about Craigs secret life :lol: I'm giving him a new title at the Connaught Craig the sneezing gigilo :P who would have thought he would come to this and how many more hubbies have got this secret life I wonder wink.gif lol

Anyway looking forward to seeing you all there and giving me the sympathy vote for what I am putting up with and have done for the last 29 years :lol::lol:

luv from the ever suffering dawniedingle :D xx

Guest Dawnie

Hi Suzy,

If the Lads don't mind :lol: do you fancy going early on Friday and having a little dabble on the decks to keep our hand in for our next big night :lol: I don't think they will because we are such :P angels on the door.

Let me know what you fink and Lads don't let me know what you fink :lol:

Luv Dawniedingle wub.gif xx

Hi Suzy,

If the Lads don't mind :boxing: do you fancy going early on Friday and having a little dabble on the decks to keep our hand in for our next big night wink.gif I don't think they will because we are such :rolleyes: angels on the door.

Let me know what you fink and Lads don't let me know what you fink :lol:

Luv Dawniedingle :wub: xx

Hiya Dawnie,

Think it would be great if we could do the warm up spot at the Connaught, Practice makes Perfect. wink.gif

So what time would you like us to be there.? And as for the lads :boxing::boxing:

Looking forward to it already!! CAN'T WAIT.....

Suzy xx

practice sessions girls!!

thought you would be too busy

doing an autograph signing session!

see you soon

lol

max

We can fit the autograph signing in between spinning those toons Max!! :rolleyes:

Suzy xx

Hey Chalky , still up you night owl.

Have a good tidy out of your play box this week as discussed tonight and hit everybody with some lesser heard and underplayed classics.Don't forget Dawn and Suzie are doing the warm up between 7-8p'mish to start the night rolling.

Should be a great night.

Hey Chalky , still up you night owl.

Have a good tidy out of your play box this week as discussed tonight and hit everybody with some lesser heard and underplayed classics.Don't forget Dawn and Suzie are doing the warm up between 7-8p'mish to start the night rolling.

Should be a great night.

Ye i might play a few lesser known detroit stuff thats great and it's diffrent but it goes down well at any all nighters anyway, but i will see on the night , yes i wil be there early for Mom and Dawny I think we got to watch these pair it might turn out the lads may be on the door and them djing :P and already they got me to pull a few from off the shelf and replace back in my dj box ! you will see this friday :lol: and also I 've got an exclusive track from " Northern soul 2007 cd " so friday will be diffrent but good.

Guest Phil Richards

Ye i might play a few lesser known detroit stuff thats great and it's diffrent but it goes down well at any all nighters anyway, but i will see on the night , yes i wil be there early for Mom and Dawny I think we got to watch these pair it might turn out the lads may be on the door and them djing :P and already they got me to pull a few from off the shelf and replace back in my dj box ! you will see this friday :D and also I 've got an exclusive track from " Northern soul 2007 cd " so friday will be diffrent but good.

Think we are on the door 7 till 8 :lol:

DJ times as requested

7-8 Dawn and Sue girlire revue (Please try and turn up to support them as they may have a couple of important announcements and some great music)

8 - 8.30 Craig

8.30 - 9 Chalky

9-9.30 Phil

9.30- 10 Joe

10 - 10.45 Chalky

10.45 - 11.30 Craig

11.30 - 12.15 Joe

12.15 - Finish Phil

Hiya Everyone, :lol:

Looking forward to Friday at the connaught, CAN,T WAIT!! wink.gif

Lots of love Helen xx

Hiya Helen,

Look forward to seein ya.... bit of moaning, bit of drinking, bit of visiting the loo, a whole lot of laughter & dancing!! :lol::D Bring it on...... :glare:

Suzy xx

Guest Dawnie

Hiya Everyone, :(

Looking forward to Friday at the connaught, CAN,T WAIT!! :D

Lots of love Helen xx

Hiya Helen,

Looking forward to seeing you seems like ages and will be able to see everyone now I've got new glasses (at last) :(laugh.gif

Gonna be busy busy busy :lol::lol: luv Dawniedinglexx

Guest Dawnie

Well done mate it looks good , great play list by us :lol:

Hiya Chalky~

Will you be honouring us with one of your super duper dances with super duper dance moves again :lol:

Luv Dawniedingle :( xx

Guest Dawnie

Hey Dawny dingle not having so many :lol::(beer.gif this time due to the fact i'm in work at 6am next day :lol: unless i skive the day off :(

aawwwhhh Chalky we are looking forward to your dancin :huh: maybe you can have :D:D and less moves on the floor an anyway you can go to sleep while you are travelling on Sat :lol:

Luv Dawniedingle :wub: xx

Hiya Helen,

Looking forward to seeing you seems like ages and will be able to see everyone now I've got new glasses (at last) :huh::lol:

Gonna be busy busy busy :D:lol: luv Dawniedinglexx

Hiya Dawniedingle, :D

How you doing? Looking forward to seeing you to!! :lol: Glad you,ve got ya new glasses sorted shades.gif I,m thinking about my requests i,d like off the lads!! :( Cos if i get em in before hand they can,t say they ain,t got em then can they!! :(

Love Helen xx

Guest Phil Richards

Hiya Dawniedingle, :lol:

How you doing? Looking forward to seeing you to!! :( Glad you,ve got ya new glasses sorted :P I,m thinking about my requests i,d like off the lads!! :( Cos if i get em in before hand they can,t say they ain,t got em then can they!! :(

Love Helen xx

Yes we can :P

Guest Dawnie

Yes we can :thumbup:

Mr Richards stop this naughtiness ~ you must endeavour to accomodate requests were possible to do so :P us girlies know what we like and like what we know :huh:

Luv Dawniedingle :huh: xx

Guest Dawnie

OK DAWNY ONLY FOR YOU AND IT MAY BE THE NORTHERN SOUL 2007 TRACK :thumbup: EXCLUSIVE GIVEN TO ME PLAY AT THE CONNAUGHT HOTEL.

Ok Chalky

Look forward to it :huh:

Luv dawniedingle :huh: xx

We are probablly now the Midlands number one Soul night on the first Friday of every month with everything played from well known classics to total obscurities big money tunes and lesser heard sounds.

Something for everyone in one big dancehall with a large crowd. Why travel anywhere else :thumbup:

You NAUGHTY BOY!! :D

Yes, Philip behave yourself and stop playing the Girls up!! :P

Really looking forward to Friday, Especially mine and Dawnie's spot :sleep3:

I wonder what will Dawn be playing? Hmmm

What will i be playing.? Hmmm

CRAIG DON'T FORGET MY CD!!

see you Friday.

Suzy xx

You can't play the CD Suzy as we only have record decks. Bring some records to play.

I have no intention of playing CD's, i will only be playing originals!!

And guess what Craig.... THERE ALL MY OWN!! :D Hows that? :P:sleep3:

Suzy xx