Stoke Queen's Hall

Guest rachel

Right, it's a horrible cold wet Wednesday morning, batteries going flat in my walkman this morning so was listening to an increasingly butch Tammi Terrell on the way to work, and quite frankly the weekend can't come soon enough. So to cheer me up :wicked: .... which Soul Sourcers smiling faces will we be seeing at Stoke this Saturday? :wicked:

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Right, it's a horrible cold wet Wednesday morning, batteries going flat in my walkman this morning so was listening to an increasingly butch Tammi Terrell on the way to work, and quite frankly the weekend can't come soon enough. So to cheer me up  :wicked: .... which Soul Sourcers smiling faces will we be seeing at Stoke this Saturday?  :wicked:

link

me hopefully!!

i need a lift from sheffield if anyone can help?

Shane

Guest Richard Bergman

me hopefully!!

i need a lift from sheffield if anyone can help?

Shane

link

If you can get to Manchester I'll give you a piggyback my friend !! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Richard Bergman
Guest Richard Bergman

Right, it's a horrible cold wet Wednesday morning, batteries going flat in my walkman this morning so was listening to an increasingly butch Tammi Terrell on the way to work, and quite frankly the weekend can't come soon enough. So to cheer me up  :huh: .... which Soul Sourcers smiling faces will we be seeing at Stoke this Saturday?  :yes:

link

Not sure as to whether Im gonna make it Rachel , as Im still recovering from a cold and dont think I'll be able to face an allnighter

Blimey I sound about 85 ! thumbsup.gif

Right, it's a horrible cold wet Wednesday morning, batteries going flat in my walkman this morning so was listening to an increasingly butch Tammi Terrell on the way to work, and quite frankly the weekend can't come soon enough. So to cheer me up  thumbsup.gif .... which Soul Sourcers smiling faces will we be seeing at Stoke this Saturday?  :huh:

link

Mad for it !, anybody know if there is a pub close to the event ?.

Mad for it !, anybody know if there is a pub close to the event ?.

link

There's the Swan, where the DJ Phil Ankers on Saturday nights plays Northern and Motown...but don't forget we open the doors at 9.00 p.m. at Queens Hall, and with phone calls coming in from Scotland, Wales, Cornwall and every other corner of England, we're expecting a well busy night.

Hope to see you all there.

thumbsup.gif

Mace

Guest Chris Waterman

I'm hoping to get there :shades:

Haven't bothered to look: is there a map on the NCSC website?

If not, can we have a postcode for multimap please?

link

Dave

There is a mao on the back of the flyer which you can find in the section on here

but as you asked ST6 4JH

Cheers

Chris W

Thanks Chris.

As usual, shall have to leave tickets reservation until last minute :shades:

link

See Chris - other folk use the word 'reservation' to mean something that has been reserved.

Sorry to use your quote Dave, but when I used this word to Chris earlier he told me a reservation was somehere Red Indians lived or the like.

Chris............ :D

Mace.

There's the Swan, where the DJ Phil Ankers on Saturday nights plays Northern and Motown...but don't forget we open the doors at 9.00 p.m. at Queens Hall, and with phone calls coming in from Scotland, Wales, Cornwall and every other corner of England, we're expecting a well busy night.

Hope to see you all there.

:shades:

Mace

link

Hi Mace

I'll come if you play 'Audrey Freeman' !

cheers

Paul

:D

Guest Chris Waterman

First request of the night....consider it done Paul.

TUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE  !!!!!!

Mace.

link

Andrew

I think you will find that was the second request

Chris W

First request of the night....consider it done Paul.

TUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE  !!!!!!

Mace.

link

Isn't it Just!

I think theres only me and you play it! Think I need to sell a few more copies!

Will bring a nice sales box along on sat just in case!!!!!!!!!!! lol

see you sat

Paul :D

Isn't it Just!

I think theres only me and you play it! Think I need to sell a few more copies!

Will bring a nice sales box along on sat just in case!!!!!!!!!!! lol

see you sat

Paul :D

link

Roger Banks has been spinnin' it as well.

Million times better than the H.B. Barnum version.

See ya saturday mate.

Mace

Roger Banks has been spinnin' it as well.

Million times better than the H.B. Barnum version.

See ya saturday mate.

Mace

link

dj timings and line up order - just added comment to orig post in the front page event news bit

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=34

just a reminder that the new format "front page news/articles section" has a events section open to all to submit events, lookbacks news, details etc etc

dj timings and line up order - just added comment to orig post in the front page event news bit

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=34

just a reminder that the new format "front page news/articles section" has a events section  open to all to submit events, lookbacks news, details  etc etc

link

Cheers Mike - and just in case anyones too lazy to click on the link and scroll the page, the DJ times and order are below.

Carl Willinghams one and only chance of doing this venue due to his impending retirement, so as well as his main spot he's gonna close the show on this debut night with 30 minutes of pure class........can't thaink of a better way to finish the first night!

9.00 - 9.30 MACE

9.30 - 10.30 GARY TAYLOR

10.30 - 11.30 KEITH MINSHULL

11.30 - 12.30 DAVE RIMMER

12.30 - 1.30 BLUE MAX

1.30 - 2.30 MARK BICKNELL

2.30 - 3.30 STEVE WHITTLE

3.30 - 4.30 CARL WILLINGHAM

4.30 - 5.30 MACE

5.30 - 6.30 SEAN CHAPMAN

6.30 - 7.00 CARL WILLINGHAM

Guest mattmale

Look forward to seeing/ meeting some of you tomorrow  :lol:

link

I thought i was going on my own ohmy.gif but now managed to get someone to go with me.

I didn't say hello to a lot of peeps i recognised at Manchester NCSC, cos i'm a bit shy :lol: but tomorrow i'll be braver :no:

I think i'll wear my red T-Shirt - don't be afraid to say hello. :yes:

Matt

Really looking forward to this one, got to do a double header as i'm on at The Winter Gardens in Blackpool first then down to Stoke, gotta work Sunday but would not miss this for the world, i have a feeling it's gonna be a packer and a big success, really looking forward to playing a few tunes...........watch out Stoke Daddy's in town...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Really looking forward to this one, got to do a double header as i'm on at The Winter Gardens in Blackpool first then down to Stoke, gotta work Sunday but would not miss this for the world, i have a feeling it's gonna be a packer and a big success, really looking forward to playing a few tunes...........watch out Stoke Daddy's in town...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Im on it now. Cant wait, haven't been out since last new century so ill make sure my dancing shoes are nicely polished and ready for action!

Will any of you lot be carrying a copy of the FT under your arm? :wicked:

If not, then say hi if you recognise me.... I'll be the one with the longest arms and biggest feet, falling over due to an equilibrium affliction . wicked.gif

Will any of you lot be carrying a copy of the FT under your arm?  :wicked:

link

No, but I'll be carrying a record around in front of my face so people can recognise me.... whistling.gif whilst keeping an eye out for red t-shirts, shiny shoes and various other distinguishing features I've been told to look out for! :wicked:

Well Mr Waterman does it again :wicked:

Just got back from the Queens Hall in Stoke, what a brilliant nighter, must be one of the best I have been to for ages. Brilliant atmosphere and music. Plenty of nice people.

Apologies if I talked anybodys socks off.

whistling.gif:wicked:

Peter

Edited by Peter

Agreed on all counts. :D

My toes hurt. :shades:

One point to mention though (ere she goes :) )... the music got louder at 6am. Can you do this a bit earlier next time. Ta. :)

Peter, nice to meet you (again).

Rachel, shame not to meet you :(

Likewise Trifle and Peter.. hopefully next time!

Really enjoyed the night - what an excellent venue, smaller than I expected but with just the right amount of people in to be comfortably busy, a great atmosphere. Bit of something for everyone music-wise, DJ highlights for me being Carl Willingham (especially his last spot from 6.30-7am) and Mace. Danced LOTS.... :)

*Compulsary toilet report for Karen - not at all bad - very clean and tidy at the start of the night, messy by the end but certainly better than a lot of venues*

The night seemed to go past too quickly, well as they say time flies... lovely to see Shane, Dave (& bunny), Winston and Spanner and to meet Steve and Richard for the first time... see you all again soon. :shades:

Yes it was a great night! Love the venue and a great sound system.

Nice to see you too Rachel. Lots of other SS regulars were out in force too. Dave, Cato, Little Rich,Paul B, Shute,Reg,Winnie and sorry to anyone else I didnt mention. Nice to meet Micksmix too! Thanks for to Mr & Mrs Rimmer for letting me have some sales space!

Shane

Likewise Trifle and Peter.. hopefully next time!

Really enjoyed the night - what an excellent venue, smaller than I expected but with just the right amount of people in to be comfortably busy, a great atmosphere. Bit of something for everyone music-wise, DJ highlights for me being Carl Willingham (especially his last spot from 6.30-7am) and Mace. Danced LOTS....  :shades:

*Compulsary toilet report for Karen - not at all bad - very clean and tidy at the start of the night, messy by the end but certainly better than a lot of venues*

The night seemed to go past too quickly, well as they say time flies... lovely to see Shane, Dave (& bunny), Winston and Spanner and to meet Steve and Richard for the first time... see you all again soon. :)

link

Thanks for the compliments Rachel...especially regarding my DJing.

Venue was heaving with 700 present., and I think the dancefloor would still be full now if we hadn't turned the music off.

Can't thank Carl enough for finishing the night off with such style...not to mention all the other DJs who kept the dancefloor busy from start to end.

Great mix of music, great venue, great atmosphere...top night.

Got tomorrow off to recover, and boy do I need it.

Roll on April 30th for the Stafford TOTW Reunion :)

Chris will no doubt post up his thanks when he gets home tomorrow.

Regards,

Mace.

Well, what a night :)

Started off at No More Doggin for a couple of hours of top quality rare stuff and RnB, and then on to the main event.

The Queens Hall had a real buzz about it right from the start. Good floor, full all night, nice mix of music and great company with plenty of soul sourcerers there as aready mentioned. Nice to meet for the first time Shute, Richard and Mace :shades:

Don't want you to get too carried away Mace, but I enjoyed your set as well :)

Rachel, glad to see you safely made the long journey home..... and his name is Colin, the soul bunny :D

Apologies to Mr Rimmer as I don't think I had the chance for the usual natter!

Best all nighter I have been to in Stoke for many a year. Roll on the next one

P.S. Does anyone know (e.g. Paul?) if Lee made it back ok?

Edited by Dave

Well, what a night :)

Started off at No More Doggin for a couple of hours of top quality rare stuff and RnB, and then on to the main event.

The Queens Hall had a real buzz about it right from the start. Good floor, full all night, nice mix of music and great company with plenty of soul sourcerers there as aready mentioned. Nice to meet for the first time Shute, Richard and Mace :(

Don't want you to get too carried away Mace, but I enjoyed your set as well :)

Rachel, glad to see you safely made the long journey home..... and his name is Colin, the soul bunny :D

Apologies to Mr Rimmer as I don't think I had the chance for the usual natter!

Best all nighter I have been to in Stoke for many a year. Roll on the next one

P.S. Does anyone know (e.g. Paul?) if Lee made it back ok?

link

What a night i had!

Venue was top, music was TOP and the atmosphere was top.

The new century nights aren't half bad. Legs are killing me today but was well worth it. Nice to see so many friendly faces down, dave, reg, rich, peter, spike,paul,shane.....sorry if i forgot anyone. :shades:

Dave, text lee yesterday but got no reply. My guess is he's probably on some mad mission around stoke.

Guest vinylvixen

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

You're packing them in Mr Bicknell :thumbsup: How do you do it? Reports, play lists etc........that would be nice for a non attendee :) I would've been there but I was in Belfast. What a great night. Just off to write about that now. Jo
Guest Chris Waterman

You're packing them in Mr Bicknell  :thumbsup: How do you do it?  Reports, play lists etc........that would be nice for a non attendee  :) I would've been there but I was in Belfast.  What a great night.  Just off to write about that now.  Jo

link

Just got back and I will get together play lists from London and Stoke, big big thanks to all who came to both events

Cheers

Chris W