Tangerine 70s Record Issues

boba

There are a bunch of 70s tangerine records that come as promos and that are very hard to find as issues (for example, Neal Kimble). I'm wondering if they ALL came as issues in some form? Specifically, I've never seen dorothy berry or tommy payton as issues. Anyone seen these?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There are a bunch of 70s tangerine records that come as promos and that are very hard to find as issues (for example, Neal Kimble). I'm wondering if they ALL came as issues in some form? Specifically, I've never seen dorothy berry or tommy payton as issues. Anyone seen these?

I've got a Tommy Payton on astock copy.

I'LL GIVE YOU A RIDE c./w ALL THE LOVE I KNOW TANGERINE 1026

BOTH sides are Group backed ballads.

Later in the promo's seem to have same flips but I think they were issued MADELYN QUEBEC is particually hard to find as a stock and the flip is real nice CRossover Northern Soul.

Dorothy Berry is so rare as a stock or a promo. Not seen a stock copy for as long as I can remember, two sides are Falling In Love Over again c/w I Found A Rivertotally forgotten what they sound like. Perhaps someone can do a sound file.

I think a label as big as Tangerine most probably issued all #'s. Remembering until recent years the Northern Soul collectors were adamant that Yums Yums & Earl Jackson never got issued by ABC but now we know they did. I think it's just a matter of finding them.

Tommy Payton is the only copy I've come across as a stock, so that maybe validates its rarity.

Social source share

Nice to see that it at least exists. thumbsup.gif I only have the promo and I really like "I'll Give You A Ride". Any chance of a soundclip of the b-side?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

I have a copy of the Dorothy Berry 45 on a white promo - both sides are "Falling in love all over again" which is a real nice cross over sound. I'll post a sound file when I get home this evening.

Best

John

Later in the promo's seem to have same flips but I think they were issued MADELYN QUEBEC is particually hard to find as a stock and the flip is real nice CRossover Northern Soul.

Dorothy Berry is so rare as a stock or a promo. Not seen a stock copy for as long as I can remember, two sides are Falling In Love Over again c/w I Found A Rivertotally forgotten what they sound like. Perhaps someone can do a sound file.

I think a label as big as Tangerine most probably issued all #'s. Remembering until recent years the Northern Soul collectors were adamant that Yums Yums & Earl Jackson never got issued by ABC but now we know they did. I think it's just a matter of finding them.

Tommy Payton is the only copy I've come across as a stock, so that maybe validates its rarity.

Edited by Johnny Mack
Social source share

Nice to see that it at least exists. thumbsup.gif I only have the promo and I really like "I'll Give You A Ride". Any chance of a soundclip of the b-side?

Just checked where I thought it was, not there!! I think I may have let John Ridley have it, for all the help and advice he gives me on the Deep Soul 45s. I know he wanted it, maybe I already mailed him it, I'll give him a ring..and let you know.

Social source share

Just checked where I thought it was, not there!! I think I may have let John Ridley have it, for all the help and advice he gives me on the Deep Soul 45s. I know he wanted it, maybe I already mailed him it, I'll give him a ring..and let you know.

A clip would be brilliant!

Social source share

A clip would be brilliant!

I've just rang John he confirms it is "SAVED", pending future deal. If I can put my hand on it quickly I'll do a clip. Otherwise I'll have to make you wait, as this week I'm behind processing for list 998. I'll check it more thoroughly, as I hate not knowing exactly where everything is.. but I asure you it exists and the label is the RED design.

Social source share

Thanks a lot for the info. That tommy payton issue must be ultra-rare. I've seen the dorothy berry at least 3-4 times on ebay recently and actually found it in real life a couple of times (NEVER as an issue though). I think it must also be much rarer as an issue. Thanks a lot.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!