Soul Fanzines

Guest Richard Bergman

Guest Richard Bergman

When purchasing one of the regular Soul Fanzines that do the 'rounds , do you place greater importance and emphasis on the the reviewed records/ artist features or the venue guide/ reviews ?

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When purchasing one of the regular Soul Fanzines that do the 'rounds , do you place greater importance and emphasis on the the reviewed records/ artist features or the venue guide/ reviews ?

link

Page 3 - Collectors second wives blush.gif

Social source share

Vinyl Reviews & Venue Reports are what I look out for when purchasing any fanzines, especially Vinyl Reviewed by collector's who review the lesser known/unknown stuff and ordinary pay-at-the-door punters who aren't obligated to the promoter, honesty is what you get.

Social source share

I usually buy them then don't even read them. I'm a busy guy you know :huh: Seriously I usually scan through and read stuff that catches my eye and that could be the writer, the featured artist, label or track not firm rules.

Seperately but related Roly and I have been toying with the idea of reviving 'In the Neighbourhood' the freebee we used to give out at the Neighbourhood. Only worth the effort doing it if people found it worthwhile.? thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I usually buy them then don't even read them. I'm a busy guy you know  :huh: Seriously I usually scan through and read stuff that catches my eye and that could be the writer, the featured artist, label or track not firm rules.

Seperately but related Roly and I have been toying with the idea of reviving 'In the Neighbourhood' the freebee we used to give out at the Neighbourhood. Only worth the effort doing it if people found it worthwhile.? thumbsup.gif

link

Labours of love always turn out to be most rewarding , I'm sure its a worthwhile venture

Social source share

Vinyl Reviews & Venue Reports are what I look out for when purchasing any fanzines, especially Vinyl Reviewed by collector's who review the lesser known/unknown stuff and ordinary pay-at-the-door punters who aren't obligated to the promoter, honesty is what you get.

link

==================================================

Just what i look for in a mag + some humour !

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!