2nd Anniversary Cream Cracker

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

Aint it amazing how time flies?

The 11th Of August is the 2nd Anniversary of the Cream Cracker Soul Club, at Rothwell Town Football Club, Cecil, Street, Rothwell. Nr Kettering. NN14 6EZ

Playing Classic Northern, RnB and early Crossover

large carpark, Late bar (12.30),Large wooden Dancefloor.

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Mark D 7.30-8.30 (Soul Shack, Wellingborough)

John McClure 8.30-9.00 (guest punter spot)

Jem Britten 9.00-10.00 (Going to a Go Go) Who has very kindly stepped in as My trusty sidekick Mellers is

sunning himself on a beach somewhere.

Andy Pollard 10.00-11.00 (Guest DJ)

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Moldie/Chris Thorley 12.00-01.00 (Guest DJ's.Lightwater,Farnborough) Strictly no underwear throwing from all you Moldie/Chris groupies, you know who you are Mr Kent.

Doors open at 7.30 and we close at 01.00(ish)

Free 28 track CD and super dooper car sticker to 1st 100. (i know its blatant marketing, but i've got to spend me money on something :rolleyes: )

Edited by kev such
  • Replies 281
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The 11th Of August is the 2nd Anniversary of the Cream Cracker Soul Club, at Rothwell Town Football Club, Cecil, Street, Rothwell. Nr Kettering. NN14 6EZ

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Jem Britten 9.00-10.00 (Going to a Go Go) Who has very kindly stepped in as My trusty sidekick Mellers is

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Moldie/Chris Thorley 12.00-01.00 (Guest DJ's.Lightwater,Farnborough) Strictly no underwear throwing from all you Moldie/Chris groupies, you know who you are Mr Kent.

Free 28 track CD and super dooper car sticker to 1st 100. (i know its blatant marketing, but i've got to spend me money on something wink.gif )

Hi Kev

Would love to come to this but as you know its my 18th birthday party the same night. shades.gifshades.gif:lol::shades:

Plus would have to put it past Naughty Natalie first and am not sure she know's the way. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway mate hope it all goes great for you.

See you on the 6th

Brav

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Free 28 track CD and super dooper car sticker to 1st 100. (i know its blatant marketing, but i've got to spend me money on something wink.gif )

Looking forward to this Kev great venue and good across the board music policy with the emphisis on the "dance floor"...if anyone is thinking of going i can reccomend this night as long as you like dancing...p.s. looking forward to recieving my free cd. and sticker ...and anything else thats going mate.... biggrin.gif

Guest kev such

Looking forward to this Kev great venue and good across the board music policy with the emphisis on the "dance floor"...if anyone is thinking of going i can reccomend this night as long as you like dancing...p.s. looking forward to recieving my free cd. and sticker ...and anything else thats going mate.... biggrin.gif

Top form Jem.

Do you want to drop into mine on the way to set up on the 11th and you can just put what you want in me van?

True the evening is mainly about dance, and cans of WD40 will be available to oil any joints that may stiffen up on the night.

Regards to Bev and the boys

Kev.

Guest kev such

Hi Kev

Would love to come to this but as you know its my 18th birthday party the same night. shades.gifshades.gif:lol::shades:

Plus would have to put it past Naughty Natalie first and am not sure she know's the way. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway mate hope it all goes great for you.

See you on the 6th

Brav

Shame about that Brav. I thought Natalie "goes all the way"? Dont forget to take your own whipped cream for your birthday bash, you don't want none of that cheap muck, its a bugger to get the grease stains out of your shirt. wink.gif

Its the 5th that the Rushden Rock Foundation do is on mate, the 6th is the Monday. I will get you a ticket in readyness.

I will get that 45 to Kev for Mr Hunt to sign. Have a great 21st bash and will see you at my 40th bash on the 13th October.

Regards

Kev.

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Nice one Kev...Rob and myself are really looking forward to this mate.....will have to tap up Jan for a lift we thinks...hugsz to Karen....take care babes.....Delxx

Guest Cher1962

Good luck with this one Kev....

Not able to get there this time as got a Wedding to go to so will have to give it a miss - really sorry about that as it is a good night and normally wouldnt miss it. :lol:

Really gutted will be missing Andy Pollard's spot as in my opinion he does a really good one!

13th October bash is looking good, got the bike sorted for your transport so you are sorted too! ohmy.gif

Dont worry about saving me a car sticker - already got one - and dont worry about the CD either - got the records too!

PS if you need to borrow any - let me know - offer always stands mate! laugh.gif

Cheryl

Guest kev such

Nice one Kev...Rob and myself are really looking forward to this mate.....will have to tap up Jan for a lift we thinks...hugsz to Karen....take care babes.....Delxx

Excellent news Del. Looking forward to you and Rob popping over. I think though that the tracks on the freebie CD will all be on either of the 2 i sent you but in a different order. Jan did text me to say she was coming on the 11th. Think she could do with cheering up a tad.

Regards

Kev

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

Good luck with this one Kev....

Not able to get there this time as got a Wedding to go to so will have to give it a miss - really sorry about that as it is a good night and normally wouldnt miss it. :lol:

Really gutted will be missing Andy Pollard's spot as in my opinion he does a really good one!

13th October bash is looking good, got the bike sorted for your transport so you are sorted too! ohmy.gif

Dont worry about saving me a car sticker - already got one - and dont worry about the CD either - got the records too!

PS if you need to borrow any - let me know - offer always stands mate! :lol:

Cheryl

Thats what i like about you Cheryl, You make me laugh a lot. :shades:

Shame you and the crazy gang can't make it over. If you decide you want to come over though let me know and i will drive into Kettering to pick you all up, have to be before Andy's spot though, unless you are all too drunk by 10pm, which you probably will be.

Am trying to get another Sunday at the Cocks set up, will let you know more when i know more. huh.gif

Great news reference the bike for the 40th bash. At least i can play all the tracks i want to, if i'm the only one there, i.e. Robert Knight, Freda Payne, Wigans Ovation etc... :lol: , i'd say that would be right up your street.

Best to Steve and see you soon.

Kev.

Excellent news Del. Looking forward to you and Rob popping over. I think though that the tracks on the freebie CD will all be on either of the 2 i sent you but in a different order. Jan did text me to say she was coming on the 11th. Think she could do with cheering up a tad.Regards

Kev XX

Oh... i am surprised Kev... she seem to be having a stonking time at Stoke...no worries I will get in touch and see if she is okay.....Delxxx

Guest kid mohair

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

This is a great venue well worth a visit if you havent been yet i for sure will be looking forward in playing some 60s uptempo northern/rnb and also the very best in rnb, :lol: see you all there..... thumbsup.gif

Guest kev such

This is a great venue well worth a visit if you havent been yet i for sure will be looking forward in playing some 60s uptempo northern/rnb and also the very best in rnb, wink.gif see you all there..... thumbsup.gif

Top Form Andy.

After what you played me round yours before, i am looking forward to your spot mate.

have got a bigger sticker made up for your van mate, to cover up that blatant advertising on the side of yours. :lol:

Have you played that tune out yet?

see you both on the 11th

Kev.

Guest Phil Richards

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Hi Kev me and Sue will see you on the 11th thumbsup.gif

Guest kev such

Hi Kev me and Sue will see you on the 11th thumbsup.gif

Great news Phil. Look forward to meeting you and Sue on the night. 1st drink offer still stands mate, as long as it isn't a barrel or so. laugh.gif , plus i only work in American quarts now.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kid mohair

Top Form Andy.

After what you played me round yours before, i am looking forward to your spot mate.

have got a bigger sticker made up for your van mate, to cover up that blatant advertising on the side of yours. :lol:

Have you played that tune out yet?

see you both on the 11th

Kev.

Nope i havent played it yet might save it for the cracker.. laugh.gif no good giving me a sticker have no rear windows in me van.. tongue.gif

Guest kev such

Nope i havent played it yet might save it for the cracker.. laugh.gif no good giving me a sticker have no rear windows in me van.. tongue.gif

We can put a window in for you if you want mate.

Haha!!!

Kev.

Guest outonthefloor

Defo put myself in that catagory but wouldnt risk chucking my underwear at the dynamic duo for fear of damaging something !!! XX LOL XX

Sorry i won't be there looks like a class night but i will be suffering sun sea and sangria for three weeks. It's a tough job but hey, someones gotta do it!

Hope it's a good night, when's the next one?

Helen

XXXXX

Hi Kev,

Looking forward to meeting you, and to my first night at the Cracker. :lol:

Moldie is already on skid row so could you please refrain from joining in the underwear throwing! laugh.gif

As for being a groupie - definately not mate, I'm only there to wipe his chin when he dribbles.

Looking forward to this one mate. It'll be so good to be back in the county that introduced me to Northern. I can't wait. thumbup.gif

-Kevin

Guest Cher1962

Thats what i like about you Cheryl, You make me laugh a lot. :unsure:

Shame you and the crazy gang can't make it over. If you decide you want to come over though let me know and i will drive into Kettering to pick you all up, have to be before Andy's spot though, unless you are all too drunk by 10pm, which you probably will be.

Am trying to get another Sunday at the Cocks set up, will let you know more when i know more. :)

Great news reference the bike for the 40th bash. At least i can play all the tracks i want to, if i'm the only one there, i.e. Robert Knight, Freda Payne, Wigans Ovation etc... :ohmy: , i'd say that would be right up your street.

Best to Steve and see you soon.

Kev.

Hey Kev - if that is your playlist - its a better one than you usually play!! Go with it!

Guest kev such

Hey Kev - if that is your playlist - its a better one than you usually play!! Go with it!

I knew you'd like it, your'e a puritan like me, i knew it. :rolleyes::unsure:

well its almost here

chris and i are chomping at the bit for this one

top tunes been bought..new shirts for the night...clean underwear..we are almost ready

big thanks to kev for the invite to play at this top night

come and support what promises to be a great night

moldie

Guest kev such

Defo put myself in that catagory but wouldnt risk chucking my underwear at the dynamic duo for fear of damaging something !!! XX LOL XX

Sorry i won't be there looks like a class night but i will be suffering sun sea and sangria for three weeks. It's a tough job but hey, someones gotta do it!

Hope it's a good night, when's the next one?

Helen

XXXXX

Morning

Shame you can't make it Helen. Wonder how Moldie and Chris would react if groupies started throwing their underwear at them, have never neede security at The Cracker, might be a time to start.

Enjoy your holiday, can you bring a little bit of sun back with you, if possible?

Thanks for good wishes, i only do 3 a year, March, May and August. But there will be a 40th birthday Soul night at the same venue for me and Karens 40th on the 13th October. Which everybody is cordially invited to.

Regards

Kev.

Guest kev such

hi kev thinking about coming to your do .is it very hard to find

Morning Mark.

Its not hard to find once you get into Rothwell. If your coming from Leicester, just follow the A6 for Kettering, and follow the signposts for Rothwell, then give me a call when you are in Rothwell and i will Anneka Rice style, guide you in. My Tel number is 07974087713.

I'll be on the door, so make yourself known when you arrive, be good to meet, if you can make it.

Regards

Kev

Guest kev such

Hey Kev, Sue and I will be there. Top local night without a doubt and always enjoy me old mate Jem playing a set. To anyone who hasn't been, give it a try if you enjoy a fun night and plenty of dancing! Deffo worth a try.

See you there guys, Steve.

Morning Steve.

Hopefully will be a good night mate. Just as long as we go home Cream Crackered eh?

Thanks Steve and look forward to seeing you and Sue on the night.

Regards

Kav.

Guest kev such

Hi Kev,

Looking forward to meeting you, and to my first night at the Cracker. :yes:

Moldie is already on skid row so could you please refrain from joining in the underwear throwing! :lol:

As for being a groupie - definately not mate, I'm only there to wipe his chin when he dribbles.

Looking forward to this one mate. It'll be so good to be back in the county that introduced me to Northern. I can't wait. thumbup.gif

-Kevin

Hello Kev.

Your double accomodation is ready for ya. I was going to build you a 2 man battle trench in backgarden , but decided to dig a mortar pit instead once i got started, to be honest i think its been so long that i got the measurements wrong so i ammended it a bit, hope it doesn't rain because i couldnt get any OHP on it. Be good to put a face to the voice mate. Let me know when you are nearby Kev and i will start the lantern swinging in prepartion.

Regarding checking for people throwing underwear at the stage im going to be scanning any hand luggage on the way in, :yes::D .

Regards mate and see you both on the 11th.

Kev.( A1 shovel operator)

Guest kev such

well its almost here

chris and i are chomping at the bit for this one

top tunes been bought..new shirts for the night...clean underwear..we are almost ready

big thanks to kev for the invite to play at this top night

come and support what promises to be a great night

moldie

Hello Moldie.

Seems so long ago that we spoke about you and Chris kindly agreeing to come and do a spot at the Cracker, but its here know and the accomodation is booked so you can't get out of it now. haha!!

Hope we get a good crowd for the 11th, am glad to say we usually do and its the people who attend that make the evening.

Looking forward to yours and Chris's set and to meeting you both. So have a good journey up and see you in 3 weeks time.

Regards

Kev.

Hi Kev & Karen,

Sorry we can not make the next one, as you are aware it's Brav's birthday bash up in Crewe, at the North Ward home of Crewe soul club where you were the guest DJ at the last one and what a night that was you went down a storm, not sure how old Brav is but he keeps telling us he's 50.

Must admit that we will miss the Cream Cracker as I rate the evening's there as one of the best soul night's around but must go to my best man's bash, we will be at the the next one along with the Jacob's family and the White suit.

Dont forget our car stickers.

Kev Bourne

Northerner

Hi Kev, Looking forward to this for a long time and now its almost hear, Just like to say a big thanks for putting us up in a nice b&b and we will pay you back with some top stompers and floor fillers on the night. So wherever you are if your lost for something to do on the 11th aug get yourself down to a top night of pure soul music. thumbup.gif

Guest kev such

Hi Kev & Karen,

Sorry we can not make the next one, as you are aware it's Brav's birthday bash up in Crewe, at the North Ward home of Crewe soul club where you were the guest DJ at the last one and what a night that was you went down a storm, not sure how old Brav is but he keeps telling us he's 50.

Must admit that we will miss the Cream Cracker as I rate the evening's there as one of the best soul night's around but must go to my best man's bash, we will be at the the next one along with the Jacob's family and the White suit.

Dont forget our car stickers.

Kev Bourne

Northerner

Hello Kev.

Tis a shame you and Big sis cant make Cream Cracker this time and thansk for the comments mate.

I have already put your super dooper car stickers to one side so no worries there.

The next time we'll be at the Cracker is the 13th of October for mine and karens 40th bash, which as you know is open to all, so i will be looking forward to seeing the "jacobs" there then. have a good time in Crewe at Bravs,and i think i may be doing another spot at the Northward in November.

Regards to big Sis and see you both soon mate.

Kev Such

Southerner.

Guest kev such

Hi Kev, Looking forward to this for a long time and now its almost hear, Just like to say a big thanks for putting us up in a nice b&b and we will pay you back with some top stompers and floor fillers on the night. So wherever you are if your lost for something to do on the 11th aug get yourself down to a top night of pure soul music. :P

Well done Chris, am looking forward to meeting you and Moldie mate. Not sure about the nice B+B mate, i mean i refurbished it, so it cant be that good, must be about ready for a repaint now, its been almost a year. :D .

I am thinking about putting a net up over the front of the stage like they had in Blues Brothers to stop the knickers hitting the decks from your groupies when your doing your set (Kev Kent has been notified that any hand held underwear will not be permitted into the hall, strictly worn knickers only).

Regards to other half mate and i will see you both 3 weeks Saturday.

Kev.

Edited by kev such

Hi Kev, Looking forward to this for a long time and now its almost hear, Just like to say a big thanks for putting us up in a nice b&b and we will pay you back with some top stompers and floor fillers on the night.

im a bit concerned chris..when kev mentioned b&b he meant box and blanket not bed and breakfast :thumbsup:

Damn i thought i had gotten away with it aswell. HaHa!!!

hi kev

chris just googled the accommodation address and on there website was a pic of the djs from your last event outside

post-2061-1185486214_thumb.jpg

Guest Phil Richards

Great news Phil. Look forward to meeting you and Sue on the night. 1st drink offer still stands mate, as long as it isn't a barrel or so. :thumbsup: , plus i only work in American quarts now.

Regards

Kev.

No just the one barrel will do :wicked:

Guest kev such

hi kev

chris just googled the accommodation address and on there website was a pic of the djs from your last event outside

That was because of a little misunderstanding, they turned up with a box of abba tribute tracks done by the goombay dance band and tried to cover them up as origional Philly sounds.

Guest kev such

No just the one barrel will do :lol:

Thats fine by me Phil, i think my Nan has got one of those little novelty barrels that you get at the seaside on a miniature horse and cart, will that do. A barrel indeed. :thumbsup::wicked:

Guest kev such

Hi Kev

Hope to make there on the 11th sounds like a good night.

Kev

( driving beat soul club ) :thumbsup:

EXCELLENT Kev, be great to see you again mate, as i haven't had time to get over to your venue yet and didn't have much time to chat at the last 3 Cocks bash.

See you then mate.

Kev.

Looking forward to this . Trying to get a posse together from harborough to come over

the more the merrier matt..it will be great playing to a full house :P

Guest kev such

Hi Kev

Only 2 weeks to go, I'll see you there too

You too Kev 2.

-Kev

I think we could have a Kev's only DJing night. What do you think. Would get confusing though. Someone would ask whose that djing, the answer would be "oh thats Kev". :P " I know that but which one is it".

Kev3

Guest kev such

Looking forward to this . Trying to get a posse together from harborough to come over

Top form, Matt, Like Moldie said, the more the merrier mate, and Harborough aint too far away.

I'll be on the door make yourself known when you come in. And look forward to meeting on the 11th.

Regards

Kev.

Top form, Matt, Like Moldie said, the more the merrier mate, and Harborough aint too far away.

I'll be on the door make yourself known when you come in. And look forward to meeting on the 11th.

Regards

Kev.

Hi Matt,

Kev is easily recognisable, as he's the small quiet guy on the door with the "baldy man comb -over" & an "i love Tommy Hunt" tattoo on his left arm!! oh, and he usually wears shorts.

cheers,

john mc.

Hi Matt,

Kev is easily recognisable, as he's the small quiet guy on the door with the "baldy man comb -over" & an "i love Tommy Hunt" tattoo on his left arm!! oh, and he usually wears shorts.

cheers,

john mc.

i think you will find thats my mrs you are describing john :P

it will be great to meet up with a few more soul sourcers on the night