2nd Anniversary Cream Cracker

Guest kev such

this is getting f******* daft

suggest you all take your non - event stuff to pms and deal with it there or somewhere else

no need for this sort of going ons

one of the event mods dealt with situation, kicking it up and carrying on afterwards is not needed or wanted

thread closed for a hour

• Replies 281
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

posts removed and thread re-opened

this is what it says on the cover

A place for up and coming events, looking forward to an event, light banter with friends, who's going... etc. Also comments after the event, how it went etc.

When an event thread is started... ask that all members please ensure that all posts relate to the said event.

Anyone wishing to discuss a different event or topic can do so by opening a new thread.

the continual back-biting been getting with some threads is having a knock on effect with the rest of this forum and site

if you cant sort it out between yourseves then getting to the point where will take drastic action

wanna comment on above or ought to do with the site then asl use the members feedback section not this thread

Guest kev such

posts removed and thread re-opened

this is what it says on the cover

the continual back-biting been getting with some threads is having a knock on effect with the rest of this forum and site

if you cant sort it out between yourseves then getting to the point where will take drastic action

wanna comment on above or ought to do with the site then asl use the members feedback section not this thread

Point taken Mike, thanks.

Kev.

Point taken Mike, thanks.

Kev.

RIGHT!! BACK TO THE TOPIC....THIS PROMISES TO BE A BLINDING EVENING WHERE YOU WILL HEAR SOME GREAT TUNES PLAYED BY ALL THE DJS! :thumbup: CATERING FOR ALL KINDS OF STYLES INC. 60S NORTHERN , UNDERPLAYED OLDIES , 70S , CROSSOVER....OH AND I NEARLY FORGOT RnB :lol: HOWEVER AS ALWAYS AT ROTHWELL THE EMPHISIS WILL BE ON PLEASING THE DANCE FLOOR !

POSITIVLEY NO POLITICS DISCUSSED OR CHIN STROKING PERMITTED AT THIS VENUE IF YOU ARE SEEN NOT HAVING FUN YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE BY KEV :wicked::lol:

Edited by Jemco
Guest kev such

RIGHT!! BACK TO THE TOPIC....THIS PROMISES TO BE A BLINDING EVENING WHERE YOU WILL HEAR SOME GREAT TUNES PLAYED BY ALL THE DJS! :thumbup: CATERING FOR ALL KINDS OF STYLES INC. 60S NORTHERN , UNDERPLAYED OLDIES , 70S , CROSSOVER....OH AND I NEARLY FORGOT RnB :lol: HOWEVER AS ALWAYS AT ROTHWELL THE EMPHISIS WILL BE ON PLEASING THE DANCE FLOOR !

POSITIVLEY NO POLITICS DISCUSSED OR CHIN STROKING PERMITTED AT THIS VENUE IF YOU ARE SEEN NOT HAVING FUN YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE BY KEV :wicked::lol:

Are we going to be playing some RnB at the Cracker then Jem?

We do try to please the dancefloor Jem and hopefully we do. As i have said on previous threads regarding the Cream Cracker its the crowd that make it, myself and the other guys playing the tunes are the dancers labourers (to coin a phrase Mr McDade told me). There will be a note pad and pencil on the stage for people to request tracks throughout the evening, and if we've got it we'll play it.

I have spoke to Moldie this afternoon and as yourself are and mr Pollard we are raring to go and Saturday evening cannot get here quick enough.

regards

Kev.

Are we going to be playing some RnB at the Cracker then Jem?

We do try to please the dancefloor Jem and hopefully we do. As i have said on previous threads regarding the Cream Cracker its the crowd that make it, myself and the other guys playing the tunes are the dancers labourers (to coin a phrase Mr McDade told me). There will be a note pad and pencil on the stage for people to request tracks throughout the evening, and if we've got it we'll play it.

I have spoke to Moldie this afternoon and as yourself are and mr Pollard we are raring to go and Saturday evening cannot get here quick enough.

regards

Kev.

Dont know about the pad and pencil Kev ! can you imagine it ....message to dj "please can you hurry up and get off you are crap"..many thanks :thumbup:

Guest kev such

Dont know about the pad and pencil Kev ! can you imagine it ....message to dj "please can you hurry up and get off you are crap"..many thanks :wicked:

I've already got that written on every page of the notepad mate, the punters just have to sign at the bottom, rip it out and hand it to the relevant dj. I'm on doublle figures now. Only need two more for the triple. :thumbup:

Heard from Mr McClure the other day he is going to try and make it up to the Cracker in the afternoon to get aquainted with the decks prior to doing the guest punter spot on Saturday night.

Kev.

Edited by kev such

There will be a note pad and pencil on the stage for people to request tracks throughout the evening, and if we've got it we'll play it.....sounds good to me

I have spoke to Moldie this afternoon and as yourself are and mr Pollard we are raring to go and Saturday evening cannot get here quick enough...really enjoyed our chat today kev..it seems we are both on the same wavelength

regards

Kev.

although there has been talk about rnb in this thread id just like to point out this will be an "across the board night with the emphasis on getting the public on the floor".

all the djs will be playing a real mixture of tunes so anyone that is worried that there might be an overdose of rnb fear not..i just ask you to bring comfortable shoes as you will be on the floor all night

moldie

Guest Cher1962

I've already got that written on every page of the notepad mate, the punters just have to sign at the bottom, rip it out and hand it to the relevant dj. I'm on doublle figures now. Only need two more for the triple. unsure.gifIs it me or does this not add up - maths not being my strong point here but how can double figures and 2 make 3????

Whatever I will sign one for you mate!

Cheryl

name='Cher1962' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:15 PM' post='556212']

name='kev such' date='Aug 9 2007, 07:40 PM' post='556091']

I've already got that written on every page of the notepad mate, the punters just have to sign at the bottom, rip it out and hand it to the relevant dj. I'm on doublle figures now. Only need two more for the triple. unsure.gifIs it me or does this not add up - maths not being my strong point here but how can double figures and 2 make 3????

Cheryl

hes on 98 which is dble figures..two more will make it 100 which is triple figures

there you are

make sure you sign it

moldie

Guest kev such

I'm on doublle figures now. Only need two more for the triple. unsure.gifIs it me or does this not add up - maths not being my strong point here but how can double figures and 2 make 3????

Cheryl

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

although there has been talk about rnb in this thread id just like to point out this will be an "across the board night with the emphasis on getting the public on the floor".

all the djs will be playing a real mixture of tunes so anyone that is worried that there might be an overdose of rnb fear not..i just ask you to bring comfortable shoes as you will be on the floor all night

moldie

Thats what we try to do at The Cracker mate, also as said before a can of WD40 will be available for any sore joints during the course of the evening.

Good to chat earlier and that we have the same ideas in mind.

Kev.

anyone going to this will have a great time!! sorry we can't make it, as it's our daughters 18th party. it does what it says on the tin...............its a cracking venue.........good people who just want to listen / dance to Northern Soul !!

never failed to have a good night yet...........hope you all have a good 'un .

regards,

john mc.

anyone going to this will have a great time!! sorry we can't make it, as it's our daughters 18th party. it does what it says on the tin...............its a cracking venue.........good people who just want to listen / dance to Northern Soul !!

regards,

john mc.

hi john

you should have told her you had a surprise lined up and brought her to cream cracker

better music by far and no tantrums as is the norm at 18th birthday parties

moldie

hi john

you should have told her you had a surprise lined up and brought her to cream cracker

better music by far and no tantrums as is the norm at 18th birthday parties

moldie

Nice one Moldie, never thought of that......she's been listening to Soul since she was a toddler, in house/ car etc.

one of her favourite tracks is; Ordinary joe............so at least i know she has taste!!!

regards,

john mc. thumbup.gif

Edited by corby john
Guest Cher1962

As Moldie has pointed out, its i'm on 98 and i need 2 more for the triple (100) your're right about your maths not being good, you better get back in the kitchen.

Guest kev such

regards,

john mc.

Morning John and Dot.

Shame you and Dot cant make it mate, thanks for the endorsement, glad you've enjoyed Cracker in the past.

Have a great party, are you having jelly and ice cream?

Kev.

hi kev

never been to the cracker,how many does your venue hold and what time does it start do you shut the doors when its full up :thumbsup: how bigs the floor

hi Marky,

starts about 7.30pm, i'd say it holds approx 250 people as there is lots of seating, and the dance floor is a very good size. Also a resonably cheap bar to boot!!

always a good amount in, although Kev will close the doors when the "locals" start spilling out of the pubs.

cheers,

john mc. :thumbsup:

hi Marky,

starts about 7.30pm, i'd say it holds approx 250 people as there is lots of seating, and the dance floor is a very good size. Also a resonably cheap bar to boot!!

always a good amount in, although Kev will close the doors when the "locals" start spilling out of the pubs.

cheers,

thanx for that sounds like it will be a goodnite

thanx for that sounds like it will be a goodnite

Hi Marky, you will enjoy it, as the people are friendly. the music policy is quite wide, in as much as if its danceable, then its played. so if you like a good sized venue with good people and a smart dancefloor, go along and report back what you thought of it.

if you visit post 1 on page one of this thread, you will find post code for sat nav etc. if you need any other directions, just ask.

cheers,

Hi Marky, you will enjoy it, as the people are friendly. the music policy is quite wide, in as much as if its danceable, then its played. so if you like a good sized venue with good people and a smart dancefloor, go along and report back what you thought of it.

if you visit post 1 on page one of this thread, you will find post code for sat nav etc. if you need any other directions, just ask.

cheers,

john mc. :thumbup:

Yep will second that you will certainly get a warm welcome at Rothwell very friendly atmosphere , been to most off them and have always enjoyed them wether djing or not :thumbsup:

Guest kev such

hi kev

never been to the cracker,how many does your venue hold and what time does it start do you shut the doors when its full up :thumbsup: how bigs the floor

Hello Mark,

venue holds about 250 mate. The floor can comfortably accomadate 100 ish dancing and we haven't ever been in a position where we have to shut the doors beacuse of numbers mate. We usually get about 150 above in, which is great to be honest. We kick off at 7.30 and the emphasis is on DANCE for the evening, with Mark D starting us off, and he's the best warm up man i know. I do close the doors at about 10.15 ish as john has said to stop the local drunks coming in.

If you can make it Mark, be sure to make yourself known to me when you arrive at the door.

Have just read Johns reply and noticed that he has answered your questions, oops sorry.

With regards

Kev.

Edited by kev such

hi kev we have met before at desborough ritz a couple of years ago took a photo of you doing the splits did post the photo on this site. :thumbsup:

will bring my camera and get some photos if thats ok

hi kev we have met before at desborough ritz a couple of years ago took a photo of you doing the splits did post the photo on this site. :ohmy:

no way, Marky....................must have been his stunt double!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers,

john mc. :lol:

Guest kev such

hi kev we have met before at desborough ritz a couple of years ago took a photo of you doing the splits did post the photo on this site. :ohmy:

Oh yeah, i remember now Mark. Christ i'd forgot (or tried to ) about that. I think i've got a copy of it somewhere. No probs bringing your camera.

Be good to catch up again Mark. See you tomorrow.

Kev.

Morning Kev, Just 2 let ya know records are sorted,bags are packed.Kerry just doing last min bits then were off to pick Moldie up. Looking forward to this so much now.Will let ya know when were there and we can meet up for a pint. thumbup.gif

im all packed to chris...this will be a great night..im gonna do a report in lookbacks tomorrow

is kerrys trailer full with crap or can i squeeze my play box in?

come on cream cracker....lets ave yer...an event by the people for the people

Guest kev such

Morning Kev, Just 2 let ya know records are sorted,bags are packed.Kerry just doing last min bits then were off to pick Moldie up. Looking forward to this so much now.Will let ya know when were there and we can meet up for a pint. thumbup.gif

Top form Chris, have a safe trip up and i'll get a couple of cold ones ready.

Guest kev such

im all packed to chris...this will be a great night..im gonna do a report in lookbacks tomorrow

is kerrys trailer full with crap or can i squeeze my play box in?

come on cream cracker....lets ave yer...an event by the people for the people

Morning mate. I'm just off to Jems in a few moments to get the gear (oops! i mean decks laugh.gif ) then its over to the hall for set up (selfindulgance) Got some change for door this morning with tunes blasting out the car, just to try and let the locals hear something that they will be missing. Wanted to stop the car at all junctions, get out and do some sliding.

Geordie has just rung me, so his badge and sticker etc... stall will be set up by the entrance.

Safe trip mate.

Kev

Kev looking forword to this bringing a car full might practice me kangaroo hopp ha ,best john enjoying this great weather

Morning mate. I'm just off to Jems in a few moments to get the gear (oops! i mean decks laugh.gif ) then its over to the hall for set up (selfindulgance) Got some change for door this morning with tunes blasting out the car, just to try and let the locals hear something that they will be missing. Wanted to stop the car at all junctions, get out and do some sliding.

Geordie has just rung me, so his badge and sticker etc... stall will be set up by the entrance.

Safe trip mate.

Kev