Desborough Ritz Soul Night

Guest boddington

Guest boddington
:rolleyes: Saturday August 4th 8pm- 2am, record dealers welcome.Cross the board policy playing 60's 70's 80's Y2K. DJ's on the night are Steve Guanori, Baz Bond, Shaun Barrett, Steve Jeffries, Paul Panton, Karl and Marco. Warm up evening for Rock Foundation Reunion alldayer SUNDAY 5TH AUGUST. At the Pemberton Centre H.B. Bates way Rushden Northants. :ohmy:
  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest boddington

:rolleyes: DJ's times. 8pm -8-45 Paul Panton.

8-45 - 9-45 Steve Jeffries.

9-45 - 10-45 Shaun Barrett.

10-45- 11-45 Baz Bond.

11-45-12-45 Steve Guanori.

12-45- 2am Karl and Marco. :D

Guest boddington

Looking forward to a great evening.

All the way down from Newcastle upon Tyne

See you on the night Carl

Duncan Mc

Thanks Duncan. Looking forward two this weekend with Desborough Ritz and the Roc Foundation alldayer. looking really good this Saturday and Sunday, with both events :rolleyes: See you at the Ritz. Watch out for me! Taking money on the door. :D

Thanks Duncan. Looking forward two this weekend with Desborough Ritz and the Roc Foundation alldayer. looking really good this Saturday and Sunday, with both events rolleyes.gif See you at the Ritz. Watch out for me! Taking money on the door. :lol:

I wont see you Karl, i,ll be sneakin in through another entrance. I am really a geordie,scotish jew and never have any dosh.

Maybe i,ll stand on the door and get paid for doing so.

Regards,

Duncan

Guest boddington

I wont see you Karl, i,ll be sneakin in through another entrance. I am really a geordie,scotish jew and never have any dosh.

Maybe i,ll stand on the door and get paid for doing so.

Regards,

Duncan

Hi Duncan. sounds good to me! Yes i think will be a interesting night.

Keep on soulin Bodd.

Guest boddington

Hey there Karl, do you get many in and do you play x-over obscurities?????

Regards,

Duncan

:lol: Duncan.

:sweatingbullets: Can be around 250 people on some nights! And we do play x- over Soul. :thumbsup:

Bodd.

Regards,

Duncan

Ey-up Dunc, it'll be 60's all the way from me, but Steve G no doubt will be dipping his toe firmly into the 70's vibe with c/ups ect :D

Guest boddington

Hi,

Looking forward to Saturday night plus the Sunday should be some weekend.

Kev

Northerner

Hi Kev. It looks like a busy one on both events :thumbsup: Lets bring it on :ohmy:

Bodd.

Guest boddington

:thumbsup:

Some of us getting over from Spalding for the Ritz to have a Steve Guarnori fix biggrin.gif:P .

Looking forward to it. Steve

:thumbsup: You won't be Disappointed Steve has a fantastic collection records. :wub:

Bod.

Guest gordon russell

Regards,

Duncan

duncan you will hear great tune like PRINCE PHILLIP MITCHEL I'M SO HAPPY ....UNIQUE BLEND,JOEY DELORENZO AND MANY MORE TOP TOP TUNES

Guest boddington

without a doubt steve as one of the best collections in the country , :yes: including the roy roberts - sugar - a top tune

:yes: Hi Tony.

A goodnight last Saturday at John white's golf club (Soul night). Nice to see you back behind the decks. :lol:

Guest boddington

That s very obliging of you, can you pack one for me as I ll be hanging about downstairs for the first time and might dance while your on.

:yes:

xx

:D Hi Cat. Are we having some moving and grooving from you then on the dance floor..? :yes::lol::yes:

bod.

Guest boddington

Looking forward to coming along to this one Karl. And then an early start setting up the 'Rock Foundation' gear!

Keep up the good work! Steve B.

Thank's Steve. See you later.

Bod.

Guest boddington

Hi Carl;

Ill be there too, got my chauffer booked, looking forward to hearing a nice mix of old and new.

cheers

Gouch

See you later.Brian should be a good one.

Bodd.

duncan you will hear great tune like PRINCE PHILLIP MITCHEL I'M SO HAPPY ....UNIQUE BLEND,JOEY DELORENZO AND MANY MORE TOP TOP TUNES

...and amongst my 60s will be Homer Banks, Roy Roberts, Big Tim & Empires, Charles Mintz, Appointments...etc etc....as well as some classics (I am on pretty late). Not just 60s though :wub: Box is packed and we're ready to roll...see you later Terry

A great night last night, quite busy too, really enjoyed playing a few tunes here last night.

Hat off to Steve for playing Al Scott even though i was outside at the time sad.gif

Guest gordon russell

...and amongst my 60s will be Homer Banks, Roy Roberts, Big Tim & Empires, Charles Mintz, Appointments...etc etc....as well as some classics (I am on pretty late). Not just 60s though tongue.gif Box is packed and we're ready to roll...see you later Terry

I WILL ALWAYS BOW TO A MAN WITH A COLLECTION SUCH AS YOURS STEVE.....my comments were aimed elsewhere l personally think your tunes are to good for the ritz the people will not appreciate them all the best mate see you soon...cause i will always appreciate the kind of tunage you can comand.....plus i think your a nice fella to boot :D:Dbiggrin.gif

Great nite of soul across the board with something to please everyone ,Steve Guarnori spot on as usual a set ranging from the Impressions Youve Been Cheating to Natural Impulse now there arent many DJs that could pull that off .

Looking forward to his visit to Spalding later this month.

Well done to all involved .

Steve

I WILL ALWAYS BOW TO A MAN WITH A COLLECTION SUCH AS YOURS STEVE.....my comments were aimed elsewhere l personally think your tunes are to good for the ritz the people will not appreciate them all the best mate see you soon...cause i will always appreciate the kind of tunage you can comand.....plus i think your a nice fella to boot :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Mr D;

Im wondering why other folks havn't taken the bait and replied to the above,AND I wont get into any slanging match with your good self, but I think you vastly under estimate the good folks that turn out to Desborough.I try and attend them all as I believe in supporting local events, musically at times it leaves me a bit cold but I put that down to my own tastes being so wide and varied and the fact that Iv been at this game 37yrs. I know the promoter, Karl, very well, and if you look at the history of the event you will see he is constantly trying to vary what the punters are served, every 'premier' league jock has graced the decks there plus a miriad of top collectors too.

The regular attendees have been subjected to some of the finest soul tunes around. So Im not sure where your coming from when you suggested Steve's playlist wouldnt be appreciated, Iv been present at both doo's when he's played and I have to say that the dance floor on both occasions was a healthy sight,on Saturday once again he played his socks off and I dont think he compromised to much,no one would ever suggest that this is a Yarmouth crowd, probably the most open minded crowd to exist in the past 10+ years, BUT they know what they like and with Karl's new approach of everything under one roof the future looks very positive,I must admit I was surprised at what they did dance too.

I'd also like to know which particuler soul tunage is to good for the Ritz, perhaps you could let me in on that one, because if Karl asks me to jock there again I will need to know what tunage to leave at home.......

A lot of people went home happy on Saturday night, I was one of them.

Cheers

Gouch

Hi Mr D;

Im wondering why other folks havn't taken the bait and replied to the above,AND I wont get into any slanging match with your good self, but I think you vastly under estimate the good folks that turn out to Desborough.I try and attend them all as I believe in supporting local events, musically at times it leaves me a bit cold but I put that down to my own tastes being so wide and varied and the fact that Iv been at this game 37yrs. I know the promoter, Karl, very well, and if you look at the history of the event you will see he is constantly trying to vary what the punters are served, every 'premier' league jock has graced the decks there plus a miriad of top collectors too.

The regular attendees have been subjected to some of the finest soul tunes around. So Im not sure where your coming from when you suggested Steve's playlist wouldnt be appreciated, Iv been present at both doo's when he's played and I have to say that the dance floor on both occasions was a healthy sight,on Saturday once again he played his socks off and I dont think he compromised to much,no one would ever suggest that this is a Yarmouth crowd, probably the most open minded crowd to exist in the past 10+ years, BUT they know what they like and with Karl's new approach of everything under one roof the future looks very positive,I must admit I was surprised at what they did dance too.

I'd also like to know which particuler soul tunage is to good for the Ritz, perhaps you could let me in on that one, because if Karl asks me to jock there again I will need to know what tunage to leave at home.......

A lot of people went home happy on Saturday night, I was one of them.

Cheers

Gouch

The bloke has a pathalogical hatred of all things Northants, unless it involves one of his chums. He is seeking treatment for it apparently, but best thing to do is ignore him in the hope that he will get bored and b*gger off, or that he gets himslf banned again.

On topic, Desborough does seem to have a really wide range of music and you never know quite what you'll get which is one of the reasons I like going. That and decent people there......

Guest AndyL

Enjoyed it - a good night witha friendly crowd.....and a crowd that likes to dance!

More later. Steve

i totally agree Steve, tunes for everyone well done Karl and Marco

Andy

Guest boddington

i totally agree Steve, tunes for everyone well done Karl and Marco

Andy

Thank's Andy. I had a Brilliant weekend at both events.

Karl.

Enjoyed it - a good night with a friendly crowd

Hello Steve,

Good to meet you there, really enjoyed your set. Have just e-mailed you.

Great nite of soul across the board with something to please everyone, Steve Guarnori spot on as usual a set ranging from the Impressions You've Been Cheating to Natural Impulse now there arent many DJs that could pull that off. Looking forward to his visit to Spalding later this month.

Very much looking forward to the Spalding night. See you there if not before

Cheers, Alan