• Replies 56
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest souldham

:rolleyes:This will be the first ever all nighter to be held at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in Oldham. So it sure will be a night to remember come along and be part of history in the making. Forget the politics and just enjoy the music.

So please don't knock it before you try it.

The DJ line up is

Maria Willingham, Paul Metcalfe, Sam Evans, Andy Baskett, Carol McCarthy, Tony Clarke, Glen Breirley, Paul Metcalfe ota.

All Playing some great Northern Soul Right Across the Board Some you Know some you don't. 8pm to 7am Saturday 8th September.

Tickets £10 £12 on the door.

Bar open till 6am, food available, large car park ( pay and display )

Record and Merchandise Traders welcome. Free Membership.

Box Office 0161 770 4083 between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

More details souldham@yahoo.co.uk.

By the way Sam Evans is really gonna love the dance floor and she got Lots of space on the stage too to dance whist she is DJin.

Catch you all at Souldham

:unsure:

i'll hopefully be coming with my fella and maybe a few m8s (i've told em about it already)!

i don't know what all this boycotting is about tho i heard some ppl telling me stuff - mentioning names, telling tales etc, which i didn't entirely understand, as i've not been on the scene long enough and i'm not really old enough to know the 'ins and out of a cats arse' so to speak!

but y'know, that's the way i like it tbh. i don't wanna know or get into the politics of it all. i just know that this is a great venue and as long as some good tunes are playing and there's nice peeps who wanna smile and say "hi, you alright?!" when they don't even know me, or me them - then i'm happy. leave all the bickering etc to the rest (by the time they've finished arguing/slaggin off, they've missed a gr8 time/night!)

that's my thoughts anyway!

cya in september hopefully! wink.gif

wAvy

i'll hopefully be coming with my fella and maybe a few m8s (i've told em about it already)!

i don't know what all this boycotting is about tho i heard some ppl telling me stuff - mentioning names, telling tales etc, which i didn't entirely understand, as i've not been on the scene long enough and i'm not really old enough to know the 'ins and out of a cats arse' so to speak!

but y'know, that's the way i like it tbh. i don't wanna know or get into the politics of it all. i just know that this is a great venue and as long as some good tunes are playing and there's nice peeps who wanna smile and say "hi, you alright?!" when they don't even know me, or me them - then i'm happy. leave all the bickering etc to the rest (by the time they've finished arguing/slaggin off, they've missed a gr8 time/night!)

cya in september hopefully! :D

wAvy

thumbsup.gif

Blimey, you've been quiet.

Thought you'd retired :lol:

See ya next week?

Tony

Guest lagerlout

unsure.gif mmmmmm not many replies..........................is there anyone out there? :D

will be over to look at this one and see what its all about,heard good things about it, great line up and will ave a word with you about your spot at the Leeds night.

cya in september hopefully! :D

wAvy

Hi there!!! I'm soooooooo not into the politics and bullshit of this scene either . it was just that some people tried to influence other prople into not coming to our last night for whatever reason , and we got to find out. But anyway their loss! to me its about the music and having a blinking good time beer.gif !! nice to meetya and will hopefully see you in sept!! :lol:

will be over to look at this one and see what its all about,heard good things about it, great line up and will ave a word with you about your spot at the Leeds night.

:lol: Well Helloooooo!!!! Fancy meetin you on here!! :lol: Youll have to come and seek me out on the night seein as i aint never met ya! just had me hair bleached blonde so i should stand out :D i should be somewhere near the bar rolleyes.gif

Blimey, you've been quiet.

Thought you'd retired

See ya next week?

Tony

--------------------

I'm Smokin' More now but I'm enjoying it less

Heywood Civic----Live It Up in Full Soul Surround

trust you to stick in your two-penneth's worth eh?! retired - NO!

i just read, and when i see summat i like (or dislike even), i post!

yes, i'll be there next week no fear!

not sure for month after tho (september), as this soul'dham do is on the saturday and knowing me i won't be able to do 2 nights on the run y'know! if i do come to the september one (Heywood) i'll have to come earlier and go earlier! are you comin the sould'ham?

Hi there!!! I'm soooooooo not into the politics and bullshit of this scene either . it was just that some people tried to influence other prople into not coming to our last night for whatever reason , and we got to find out. But anyway their loss! to me its about the music and having a blinking good time !! nice to meetya and will hopefully see you in sept!!

hiya debc - yes, hopefully i'll be there - you watch now, i'll end up booking a holiday and not coming to heywood or Sould'ham (roll eyes!) lol!

cya's l8r

wAvy

Hi, I've just come off the phone with Faye, funny i had no idea she was involved in this event, i can promise i will do all i can via the show www.solarradio.com to promote this one, would be rude not too as i'm very local to the event, a superb venue with good access from all over the North West infact easy to get to from all over the place actually.

Hope it goes really well and becomes a regular event, i'll pop down on September 8th for a few cold ones...good luck and see you there. Will start with a few plugs from next weeks show www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest lagerlout

:huh: Well Helloooooo!!!! Fancy meetin you on here!! :huh: Youll have to come and seek me out on the night seein as i aint never met ya! just had me hair bleached blonde so i should stand out :D i should be somewhere near the bar :P

no worry,s deb,s i,ll be easy to spot i,ll have my horse with me... shadow.

he,s famous on the soul-scene

post-704-1185458129_thumb.jpg

Guest souldham

:PGreat to hear from you Mark and thank you for your encouraging words.

Like I always told you over the years it has and always will be about the love of the music for me it aint nothing to do with anything else.

I have stayed away from the stupidity of the so called boycott but one thing I will say is do not knock something unless you have the full facts to hand and tried it. I would like to ask one thing though if as I have been told it was boycotted why is it so many top name and lesser known DJ's keep on ringing me begging me to give them a spot at the next available date for Souldham the names I have put on my list from around the country for next years dates would shock a few people, if that is a boycott well I need to recheck my dictionary for the meaning of boycott.

Souldham's aim is to be a polotics free zone, we just would like people to hear some great tracks by dj's from around the country plus a few local girls and guys.

Yes we are not going to be an all boys club nor are we going to be an all girls club either, equal standing for both sexes.

I have been around the northern scene over 45 years and the polotics ruins the enjoyment of good venues and the scene. I look forward to sinking a few cold one with you Mark. Yes I will go around the room again and ask for peoples views on how to improve the venue. Maybe in December we will even open up more rooms if we get the numbers in to warrant doing so.

Catch you at Souldham.

Hi, I've just come off the phone with Faye, funny i had no idea she was involved in this event, i can promise i will do all i can via the show www.solarradio.com to promote this one, would be rude not too as i'm very local to the event, a superb venue with good access from all over the North West infact easy to get to from all over the place actually.

Hope it goes really well and becomes a regular event, i'll pop down on September 8th for a few cold ones...good luck and see you there. Will start with a few plugs from next weeks show www.solarradio.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

=====

yes mark,

its a FANTASTIC venue

i think once the word gets round how good it is Fay is gonna have a MONSTER on her hands.

you guys up north are really spoilt!

also great for relatively unknowns like me and debc getting a chance to DJ in a large room..nice one faye!

see u on the 8th!!!

Guest souldham

:thumbsup:

OK I think I need to set the record straight about this here boycott we keep on hearing about.

So my gloves are off now I just had a few phone calls about this supposed boycott and it seems that some idiots out there who want to believe ill of nice people are all jumping to the wrong conclusion about it.

First and foremost This stupid Boycott Rumour

IT IS NOT NOR NEVER HAS BEEN PUT OUT BY ANDY MCCABE or any OTHER PROMOTER out there, I would also like to thank Andy McCabe and many other promoters for their help and advice in getting flyers out around the venues both local and further afield. Thanks guys.

The culprits are a couple of local DJ's who where NOT asked to DJ at Souldham in June, who caused this stupidity. Simply because they thought that as they are local lads, that they should be asked to DJ. No Just cos you are local don't mean you automaticly have a god given right to DJ at the QEH. We had a local DJ on Deby Carty and she stood in at the last minite. Due to the fact that two local lads asked to do the gig and agreed went and double booked themselves for that night.

So I ask you all once again stuff the politics leave it to Downing Street.

Keep it off the Northern scene. The Music is the only thing that should matter.

So anyone who has accused Andy or any one else falsely, May I suggest that you all appologise to Andy and others whom you may have accused.

Thanks Andy for bringing this to my attention I am so sorry that idiots could believe that you would do such a thing Cheers Mate. Catch you for a few drinks at Souldham Andy.

Enough Said on this subject Now Subject Closed

:thumbsup:

OK I think I need to set the record straight about this here boycott we keep on hearing about.

So my gloves are off now I just had a few phone calls about this supposed boycott and it seems that some idiots out there who want to believe ill of nice people are all jumping to the wrong conclusion about it.

First and foremost This stupid Boycott Rumour

IT IS NOT NOR NEVER HAS BEEN PUT OUT BY ANDY MCCABE or any OTHER PROMOTER out there, I would also like to thank Andy McCabe and many other promoters for their help and advice in getting flyers out around the venues both local and further afield. Thanks guys.

The culprits are a couple of local DJ's who where NOT asked to DJ at Souldham in June, who caused this stupidity. Simply because they thought that as they are local lads, that they should be asked to DJ. No Just cos you are local don't mean you automaticly have a god given right to DJ at the QEH. We had a local DJ on Deby Carty and she stood in at the last minite. Due to the fact that two local lads asked to do the gig and agreed went and double booked themselves for that night.

So I ask you all once again stuff the politics leave it to Downing Street.

Keep it off the Northern scene. The Music is the only thing that should matter.

So anyone who has accused Andy or any one else falsely, May I suggest that you all appologise to Andy and others whom you may have accused.

Thanks Andy for bringing this to my attention I am so sorry that idiots could believe that you would do such a thing Cheers Mate. Catch you for a few drinks at Souldham Andy.

Enough Said on this subject Now Subject Closed

:thumbsup: nuff said!!

:thumbsup:Great to hear from you Mark and thank you for your encouraging words.

Like I always told you over the years it has and always will be about the love of the music for me it aint nothing to do with anything else.

I have stayed away from the stupidity of the so called boycott but one thing I will say is do not knock something unless you have the full facts to hand and tried it. I would like to ask one thing though if as I have been told it was boycotted why is it so many top name and lesser known DJ's keep on ringing me begging me to give them a spot at the next available date for Souldham the names I have put on my list from around the country for next years dates would shock a few people, if that is a boycott well I need to recheck my dictionary for the meaning of boycott.

Souldham's aim is to be a polotics free zone, we just would like people to hear some great tracks by dj's from around the country plus a few local girls and guys.

Yes we are not going to be an all boys club nor are we going to be an all girls club either, equal standing for both sexes.

I have been around the northern scene over 45 years and the polotics ruins the enjoyment of good venues and the scene. I look forward to sinking a few cold one with you Mark. Yes I will go around the room again and ask for peoples views on how to improve the venue. Maybe in December we will even open up more rooms if we get the numbers in to warrant doing so.

Catch you at Souldham.

Pleasure Faye, like i said i will gladly give the event a mention or six on the show, good luck with the promotion.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Looks like I will be there in more ways than one.....lol, I won't jump the gun here but I might well be dusting off the play boxes for this one, I'll let Fay confirm this?, just down the road from me and this promises to be a good night so it would be rude not to go, a new allnighter that I'm sure the scene will support and get behind.....good to get back out there locally with a few new additions in the boxes and back to having fun and a good time...see you there!

Regards - Mark Bicknell TBC.....lol

Guest souldham

:lol: Two more dj's added to the line up Mark Bricknell and Phil Beckett.

I am getting too excited now cant wait for the 8th September history in the making this will be the first ever all nighter held at the Queen Elizabeth HAll.

Need some more tunes now Mark, can I raid your box.

Edited by souldham

:lol:Two more dj's added to the line up Mark Bricknell and Phil Beckett.

I am getting too excited now cant wait for the 8th September history in the making this will be the first ever all nighter held at the Queen Elizabeth HAll.

Fay, you can raid my box anytime baby....lol will be giving this a mention on my final three radio shows, hope it helps, see you on September 8th with one or two selective tunes, not done an allnighter for ages so should be a blast.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

biggrin.gifTwo more dj's added to the line up Mark Bricknell and Phil Beckett.

and dont forget Stu Cheetham is on too!

Is that "young" Stuart Cheetham :wub: ??

Did a great spot for us at The Civic a coupla months back :wicked:

ATB

Tony

=======

there should be a HUGE buzz on this nite as the time gets nearer ..believe me folks the VENUE is a MONSTER not just in size but also in potential...

spoke to Sam Evans last nite and she cant wait to get up there and spin some tunes...me neither..1st was great!

see u in a few weeks!

Guest stash313

======

what worse than morecambe?

Yep in my 16 years of watching Wigan Athletic the often annual trip to Boundary Park filled me with dread even more so as we made our way up that bloody hill on our way to the ground.

Freezing doesn't even cover it...

More like Coldham, by far the coldest place in the world.

oldham30.jpg - Boundary Park the equivelant to the North Pole.

Have a good one. wacko.gif

Can always lend you a fleece if you get too cold! :wicked: besides you'll be warm after dancing for 11 hours anyway :wub: ! If you come that is..........

Not long to go now for this one, a super venue which promises to be a fantastic Northern Soul Allnighter, I'm certainly looking forward to dusting off the play boxes and playing a few quality oldies and some other nice bits and bobs, record dealers are more than welcome and are advised to get in touch in advance of the event to secure a pitch. My good friend Kevin Cox aka 'Soul Spinner' should be up for this one with some delightful records on offer.

There seems to be a nice buzz on this event and I'm sure it's going to be a solid soulful night out.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

only nine days to go!!

To all who are giving us a go, make sure you all come and introduce yourselves to the souldham team aka Fay and me !! I'm the one with blonde cropped hair who will be propping the bar up!! :wave::unsure:

Hoping to post up the dj time list very soon........ see you all there! :lol:

DJ TIME LIST AS PROMISED :lol: SOME SPOTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

8.00 - 8.30 FAY + ME

8.30 - 9.15 PAUL METCALFE

9.15 - 10.00 ANDY B

10.00 - 11.00 MARK BICKNELL

11.00 - 12.00 GLEN BRIERLEY

12.00 - 1.00 SAM EVANS

1.00 - 2.00 STU CHEETHAM

2.00 - 3.00 MARIA WILLINGHAM

3.00 - 4.00 CAROL McCARTHY

4.00 - 5.00 MARK FREEMAN

6.00 - 7.00 FAY

Some spots may be subject to a bit of movin around!!

Not long now so get yer dancing shoes out!! Traders pitches still available.

See you all there!!

DJ TIME LIST AS PROMISED :shades: SOME SPOTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

8.00 - 8.30 FAY + ME

8.30 - 9.15 PAUL METCALFE

9.15 - 10.00 ANDY B

10.00 - 11.00 MARK BICKNELL

11.00 - 12.00 GLEN BRIERLEY

12.00 - 1.00 SAM EVANS

1.00 - 2.00 STU CHEETHAM

2.00 - 3.00 MARIA WILLINGHAM

3.00 - 4.00 CAROL McCARTHY

4.00 - 5.00 MARK FREEMAN

6.00 - 7.00 FAY

Some spots may be subject to a bit of movin around!!

Not long now so get yer dancing shoes out!! Traders pitches still available.

See you all there!!

Looking good but who's on 5am - 6am looks like you have missed a spot out there Debs....lol, I'm happy with 10pm - 11pm cheers.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell

debc Aug 30 2007, 03:41 PM

only nine days to go!!

To all who are giving us a go, make sure you all come and introduce yourselves to the souldham team aka Fay and me !! I'm the one with blonde cropped hair who will be propping the bar up!!

Hoping to post up the dj time list very soon........ see you all there!

Hiya Deb, us Ladies will be there!

we'll come up and say hiya - you're looking out for the 'witches of Eastwick' (as certain peeps like to call us!) :huh:

not that we are witches, and if we are, well we are nice witches so there!!! :D

really looking forward to this one!

wAvy

TonyP Today, 02:07 PM

OY!

"if the cap fits" etc etc

Tony

a pox on thee - i'll spite thee!

yaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhaahaaaaaaaa hahahahahhahhahahaaaaaa haha a yaaaahhahhahahahha

etc... :huh:

wAvy

oooooops!!! :D

new and revised dj times

8.00 - 9-00 me :ohmy:

9.00 - 10.00 Paul Metcalfe

10.00 - 11.00 Mark Bicknell

11.00 - 12.00 Glen Brierley

12.00 - 1.00 Sam Evans

1.00 - 2.00 Stu Cheetham

2.00 - 3.00 Maria Willingham

3.00 - 4.00 Carol McCarthy

4.00 - 5.00 Tony Clarke

5.00 - 6.00 Mark Freeman

6.00 - 7.00 Fay :D

still possible a few might get swapped about on the night!

Well done Deb that's filled the gap lol, we will be there nice and early with a few nice tunes for sale, so please reserve us a sellers pitch in the record bar area.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

certainly will Mark. The balcony area where the traders will be is quite large but will save you a pitch next to our merchandise stall!! I'm gettin well excited about this event.....polished me shoes already!!!

Northern Soul don't you just love it....lol just got off the phone with Fay and everything seems to be pretty good promotion wise for this event, the first allnighter at this venue and it should be well attended with advance tickets selling well and pockets of people coming from all over the place, we will be there nice and early with a few nice tunes for sale and some pretty good ones to play between 10pm - 11pm an early spot for me than normal but I have to earn my stripes again as I've been out of the allnighter frame DJ wise in recent times, dusting off a few classics like Willie Hutch - Dunhill, Four Perfections - Party Time, Earl Jackson - ABC, Morris Chestnut - Amy, Servicemen -Patheway, alongside a few current indemanders...basically gonna go with the flow and I feel the DJ times will provide the night with some balance and quality tuneage to keep the dance floor busy throughout, remember the allnighter starts at 8pm till 7am with a late bar until 6am, a superb sound system will be in place which is so important to make the night top class....the doors will be open so just come on in and have a ball...see you there!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Northern Soul don't you just love it....lol just got off the phone with Fay and everything seems to be pretty good promotion wise for this event, the first allnighter at this venue and it should be well attended with advance tickets selling well and pockets of people coming from all over the place, we will be there nice and early with a few nice tunes for sale and some pretty good ones to play between 10pm - 11pm an early spot for me than normal but I have to earn my stripes again as I've been out of the allnighter frame DJ wise in recent times, dusting off a few classics like Willie Hutch - Dunhill, Four Perfections - Party Time, Earl Jackson - ABC, Morris Chestnut - Amy, Servicemen -Patheway, alongside a few current indemanders...basically gonna go with the flow and I feel the DJ times will provide the night with some balance and quality tuneage to keep the dance floor busy throughout, remember the allnighter starts at 8pm till 7am with a late bar until 6am, a superb sound system will be in place which is so important to make the night top class....the doors will be open so just come on in and have a ball...see you there!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Cant wait to hear your tunes Mark! I've got the privelege of warming up at 8pm so I'm gonna put a bit of everything on some nice mid- tempo stuff, and towards the end of my spot some 100 miles per hour stuff so dont forget your dancing shoes!! Oh nearly forgot the dancefloor is brill....huge and shiny as new pin!

will only have one painting for sale on the night tho....that jackie wilson one.

regards Deb