Alt Chuck Jackson Version

Mike

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

reading plays from wilton, reminded me sure heard dean a recently playing a alt version of a chuck jackson tune,  but thats as far as it goes as cant remember which one :shades:

anyone  fill in blanks

ta

mike

link

There's a dozen or more CC U/R tracks floating about, any idea of the corus to give us a clue?

Social source share

reading plays from wilton, reminded me sure heard dean a recently playing a alt version of a chuck jackson tune,  but thats as far as it goes as cant remember which one :shades:

anyone  fill in blanks

ta

mike

link

Think this was Hand it over - diff version. Only subtle difference being the delayed "let - me - know - where - I stand - tell me now" etc. Subtle but great all the same.

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Yes, there are two versions.

One says '.... and I'll give my love to you' and the other says '.....and I'll hand my love to you'.

The only person I've heard playing the alt version is a big British collector so perhaps this is a UK release where they used the wrong master tape - Not sure????

Social source share

So that's two alts and counting. Does anyone have any more examples from the early vinyl days when I didn't know my arse from my elbow? (It's the bit below the small of my back isn't it?)

link

Not Chuck Jackson but the Sharon Soul is a different take (His Love Is Amazing), can't remember which LP it's on though

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!