Absolutely Appalling 45 Sold For $33.56

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Is there anyone on this site prepared to admit they like this track that sold on ebay tonight to an Italian, for an astounding $33.56 / £16.27. Take a listen, in my opinion it's an absolute pile of shit. Whatever the price, even if it was only one dollar, how could anyone justify buying it ? Let the entire clip play if you can bear it, don't judge it on the first twenty seconds. Truly a shocker. Response awaited with interest.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephanie-Hunter-on-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Martin

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

• Replies 45
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is there anyone on this site prepared to admit they like this track that sold on ebay tonight to an Italian, for an astounding $33.56 / £16.27. Take a listen, in my opinion it's an absolute pile of shit. Whatever the price, even if it was only one dollar, how could anyone justify buying it ? Let the entire clip play if you can bear it, don't judge it on the first twenty seconds. Truly a shocker. Response awaited with interest.

Martin

Cant find the clip Martin unsure.gif

Social source share

To the right of the page Garv. You can just see it, below shipping details etc. And he's right, its pants.

Cheers Mr M thumbsup.gif

Fcuk me......that is awful

Social source share

To the right of the page Garv. You can just see it, below shipping details etc. And he's right, its pants.

I used the MAGIC on the left hand side,and i have heard S Sam play worse out.

Social source share

Sorry Guys, the flipside of this 45 is quite probably the next Almeeta Latimore.

Much better and could go bigger if there were more copies around.

Normally goes for £350+... if you can find one!

Can't believe we all missed it.

:lol:

Sean

If that Italian guy is reading this he must be pishing himself laugh.gif .Fair play to him

You would`t happen to have a clip of the flip would you Sean?....anyone

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

If that Italian guy is reading this he must be pishing himself laugh.gif .Fair play to him

I can't believe, based on the clip on ebay, that the flip could be much better. The musicians and vocalist sound like a completely talentless bunch of amateurs.

I await the flip clip with interest as most of you "big money" buyers usually make me laugh when I hear what you think represents good value.

Social source share

Sorry mate no.

Just my bloody awful sense of humour!

It is bloody awful though isn't it, in truth I've never heard the flip... and it might be a cracker... but i doubt it!.

Had ya'll going though eh!

Sean

Social source share

I can't believe, based on the clip on ebay, that the flip could be much better. The musicians and vocalist sound like a completely talentless bunch of amateurs.

I await the flip clip with interest as most of you "big money" buyers usually make me laugh when I hear what you think represents good value.

So what's wrong with being a talentless amateur?

There's loads of seriously big money records out there that are just as bad as this... !

Good call Martin!

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Sorry mate no.

Just my bloody awful sense of humour!

It is bloody awful though isn't it, in truth I've never heard the flip... and it might be a cracker... but i doubt it!.

:yes:

Sean

You bas*ard thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Never have so many people agreed with me on this site !

Just incase you're wondering what I'm listening to whilst typing this, it's a new arrival in a box of LP's I got from Japan this morning, a 1985 boogie LP by Toshiki Kadomatsu "Gold Digger", the track "Move your hips all night long," something I often like to do.

Social source share

Never have so many people agreed with me on this site !

Just incase you're wondering what I'm listening to whilst typing this, it's a new arrival in a box of LP's I got from Japan this morning, a 1985 boogie LP by Toshiki Kadomatsu "Gold Digger", the track "Move your hips all night long," something I often like to do.

And we should all note Martin that your last played clip is ... Bobby Brown "My Prerogative" !!! ohmy.gif

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

And we should all note Martin that your last played clip is ... Bobby Brown "My Prerogative" !!! ohmy.gif

I was wondering who'd spot that crap below my name. Blame whoever posted it up some months ago suggesting we should listen to it, I must click on anything else just to clear it, still, it's better than that ebay 45 !

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Paradox !

Social source share

Guest Dante

Martin

Totally agree, 100% shite.

I didn't listen to it, though. It says modern soul on the title of the item tongue.gif

Cheers

Social source share

The seller though is Breck Bunce, a well known ebay seller from Detroit who more often than not comes up with quality soul records, for example I was totally over the moon about winning this Jimmie Delphs 45 from him just a few days ago, I guarantee this will be an absolute monster record once it becomes well known in the right circles, if not already known, listen to the clip below ...

Jimmie Delphs - 'Do You Know What I Mean' b/w inst - Detroit Street Service Inc( I-70)1977. Obscure downtempo soul on the 'Detroit Street Service Inc' label - "Dedicated To The Economic, Spiritual, Mental and Physical Salvation of Humanity" - great mellow production & soulful vocal - audioclip from actual record below.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Social source share

The seller though is Breck Bunce, a well known ebay seller from Detroit who more often than not comes up with quality soul records, for example I was totally over the moon about winning this Jimmie Delphs 45 from him just a few days ago, I guarantee this will be an absolute monster record once it becomes well known in the right circles, if not already known, listen to the clip below ...

Jimmie Delphs - 'Do You Know What I Mean' b/w inst - Detroit Street Service Inc( I-70)1977. Obscure downtempo soul on the 'Detroit Street Service Inc' label - "Dedicated To The Economic, Spiritual, Mental and Physical Salvation of Humanity" - great mellow production & soulful vocal - audioclip from actual record below.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Yeah but this is a classic and has been played for years. Sorry to rain on your parade and all that. unsure.gif

Social source share

Yeah but this is a classic and has been played for years. Sorry to rain on your parade and all that. unsure.gif

Glad to hear it's known Steve, but perhaps only in limited circles within the scene, those with good taste and good sense.

Was it big at any particular venue and at any particular point in time ?

(PS: I also note it's not listed at all in Mr Manship's price guide, for what that is worth)

Social source share

Glad to hear it's known Steve, but perhaps only in limited circles within the scene, those with good taste and good sense.

Was it big at any particular venue and at any particular point in time ?

(PS: I also note it's not listed at all in Mr Manship's price guide, for what that is worth)

Hiya Sunnysoul, Yes been played in the North West and also at places like Yarmouth. There are still records not in the JM book wicked.gif

Social source share

Steve I can belivie it was you that got the Jimmie Delphs track as i was stalking that one like the panther I am!!! Expect a slap o the cheek at Soulgate mate. Oh and Sean's right, the B sde to the mentioned 45 is going to be big one of these days. lol

Social source share

Steve I can belivie it was you that got the Jimmie Delphs track as i was stalking that one like the panther I am!!! Expect a slap o the cheek at Soulgate mate. Oh and Sean's right, the B sde to the mentioned 45 is going to be big one of these days. lol

No I didn't win it - had it for ages. Think it was an old Soul Bowl thingy. See you Saturday, Steve

Social source share

:huh:

Sean

See you've not lost your sense of humour :P

Remember when you regularly had what you described as an "awful" record called "Your Love" in your box with "current cover up" on the sleeve...(this being when Richard S was playing Mr Soul covered up, which of course has the chorus lyric "your love is slipping away") :D

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Re Jimmie Delphs : Yeah but this is a classic and has been played for years. Sorry to rain on your parade and all that. :thumbsup:

Well thats not the impression I got, because when I identified it for someone on here a few months ago, I seem to recall only a few of us knowing it and very little response to the thread. It's a 10 out of 10 !

I just emailed the seller with this link so he could see what we thought of the Stephanie Hunter !

Should be interesting to see how he replies to me.

Martin

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I just emailed the seller with this link so he could see what we thought of the Stephanie Hunter !

Should be interesting to see how he replies to me.

Martin

Just got a reply from Breck who thought this link was very funny. Remarkably though, he informed me that the last time he sold it was for 3 times that price (!!!) and to someone extremely well known to all on here.

That buyer is the same person who refused to listen to an LP I recommended to him 15 years ago at a record fair on the grounds that "it had white faces on the cover." That was so pathetic that I've never forgotten it, but given the quality of Ms.Hunters 45 and the comments on this thread, my judgement is certainly not in question.

I wonder if that same buyer has accidently bought any records with the catalogue number IC 1 over the years ?

Martin

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Just got a reply from Breck who thought this link was very funny. Remarkably though, he informed me that the last time he sold it was for 3 times that price (!!!) and to someone extremely well known to all on here.

That buyer is the same person who refused to listen to an LP I recommended to him 15 years ago at a record fair on the grounds that "it had white faces on the cover." That was so pathetic that I've never forgotten it, but given the quality of Ms.Hunters 45 and the comments on this thread, my judgement is certainly not in question.

I wonder if that same buyer has accidently bought any records with the catalogue number IC 1 over the years ?

Martin

Someone pointed out since I posted the above, that the mystery buyer I referred to might have been buying it to sell on at even higher price ! On reflection yes its possible, but lets be honest, you'd have to be totally off your head to want to pay EVEN MORE than three times the recent finshing price !

Martin

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Is there anyone on this site prepared to admit they like this track that sold on ebay tonight to an Italian, for an astounding $33.56 / £16.27. . Truly a shocker....

I agree it's a complete non-starter, but I've seen even worse items selling for £40+. I have to agree with John Farrell who said several years ago that in regard to the Rare Soul Scene;

"...Quality control seems to have 'gone for a Burton'!".

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Nah Mel, if I know John he was talking about Liz Taylor.

:wub:

True though. It seems that almost anything goes these days (or was that Cole Porter?)

Liz who?? Cole who?? I ain' old 'nuff to understan' dese subtle ref-run-sis ta ol' celebs n' stuff man, innit?... :huh:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Hey Mel... Who you kiddin?

If you're old enough to remember John Farrell... you're old enough to remember Cole Porter!

:huh:

Well I've got his email address somewhere around... (John Farrell's NOT Cole Porter!)

...and if you're reading this John, I was asking that old Francis T. fella about you at a Neil Rushton do just the other week! :thumbup:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!