• Replies 23
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Roccia

BOBBI LYNN EARTHQUAKE STATESIDE ISSUE MINT 100

Pete, is this one really worth that much...? I have one and tought it was 25 or 30 at least...

Social source share

In this instance I would have to agree with you, 30/40 quid, however when selling on commission I'm just given the info and aksed to print it.

pete its your name next to the prices passing the blame is a bit lame. You should advise your mate that his prices are not realistic.

I could list all my own 45s and just say i'm selling them for a mate.

sorry to be rude but thats how I see it.

Social source share

pete its your name next to the prices passing the blame is a bit lame. You should advise your mate that his prices are not realistic.

not sure about blame, dylan.

to my mind, a bloke asks pete to sell a record for him at £x. if it doesn't sell, the bloke keeps it or lowers his price. if it does sell, we have to assume that a grown adult with the money was prepared to pay £x for it.

Social source share

Dylan - how dare you accuse me of passing someone elses records off as my own. Have you ever seen one of my lists and how competative the prices are? Well you f*cking should do you shit-stirrer.

Social source share

Think I'm going to have to go away for a couple of hours as I can't remember the last time I was this angry on soul source.

The person selling these records wants to remain anonymous. Is that so difficult to understand?

And to think I'm likely to have these records in my collection - oh sure, next week I'll be pulling out the magnetics and don gardner.

And how do you know what 'correct' prices are Dylan, you seem pretty clueless about everything else. When did you last see a melvin davis for sale - me personally, it was nearly 30 years ago. I suppose you see them regularly.

But hey, thanks for trying to sabotage my thread, I'm just trying to make a living from selling records, if that offends you I apologise.

Social source share

Aye and that's why Pete put out his mint Ann Heywood on Yellow Hondo at 150 after it was 200 and it went like a bullet.

I missed it but everyone on here wants 200 / 250 and as it shows he's got 150 to wheel and deal or pay the bills, while others have a record gathering dust.

As for prices, you check the books - Browny and Manship, (who decides the price - ever wondered?) check all sales lists you have and see if it's about right for a minter.

If you want it you buy it or pass it up and trawl ebay for years.

By the way - a mint A Heywood - Yellow still needed - 150 ready and waiting or maybe a Black one for a ton.

My trusted encyclopedia/dealer friend tells me that's really all they are worth.

Opinions eh, that's what forums are for!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Dante

chill? i was saying exactly what you were saying malc.

plus it's a discussion forum, so we were discussing :P

Not sure if anyone agrees with me, but I don't see the Sales section as adiscussion forum. Is a space ina discussion forum where you can put your records for sale. You put the record, the price, and sell it or not. I know a sales list always causes feedback, positive or negative, but as I see it, it's better to discuss it in other place, as you're affecting directly the sales, and unless you are a sunofab*tch you don't to do that do you? :D

If you think price is mad, or you think Pete is a liar, then go to Look At Your Box or All About The Soul and shout it :huh:

Cheers

Dante

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Pete dont let it get you down mate, you are by far the most competitive dealer on hear with probably the best prices for buyers by a mile and a wealth of knowledge and advise you offer to everyone for free. 99% of us know that :P

BTW, How much for the Magnetics :D

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Not sure if anyone agrees with me, but I don't see the Sales section as adiscussion forum. Is a space ina discussion forum where you can put your records for sale.

Cheers

Dante

I totally agree with you :P

Edited by Tommy
Social source share

Think I'm going to have to go away for a couple of hours as I can't remember the last time I was this angry on soul source.

The person selling these records wants to remain anonymous. Is that so difficult to understand?

And to think I'm likely to have these records in my collection - oh sure, next week I'll be pulling out the magnetics and don gardner.

And how do you know what 'correct' prices are Dylan, you seem pretty clueless about everything else. When did you last see a melvin davis for sale - me personally, it was nearly 30 years ago. I suppose you see them regularly.

But hey, thanks for trying to sabotage my thread, I'm just trying to make a living from selling records, if that offends you I apologise.

Not quite sure why you're so annoyed Pete? Nowhere on your post does it say that you're selling them for someone else, so the natural assumption is that they are your records. After all we have no idea what records you do or don't have.

You always comment that yours are the best prices and that other people ask for unrealistic amounts of money, so people are going to comment when they see you selling records at top end prices.

Dylan also has a point about your name being next to the prices....I sometimes sell bits on my website for friends on a commision basis but if they want what are IMO unrealistic prices then I'll just say thanks but no thanks....because people will associate those prices with me as a seller, even though they are not my records.

BTW this is not a dig, just my opinion. I also agree with the other comments that someones sales thread is not really the place to discuss whether you think those prices are too low/too high.

Adam.

Social source share

Pete dont let it get you down mate, you are by far the most competitive dealer on hear with probably the best prices for buyers by a mile and a wealth of knowledge and advise you offer to everyone for free. 99% of us know that :P

BTW, How much for the Magnetics :huh:

With you on that Bearsy, Pete is to my mind ( & apologies to anyone else as I don't check every sales list) the most reasonably priced regular seller on here. I 've certainly never had a problem buying from Pete unlike some of the "bigger" names around :D

Social source share

Not sure if anyone agrees with me, but I don't see the Sales section as adiscussion forum. Is a space ina discussion forum where you can put your records for sale. You put the record, the price, and sell it or not. I know a sales list always causes feedback, positive or negative, but as I see it, it's better to discuss it in other place, as you're affecting directly the sales, and unless you are a sunofab*tch you don't to do that do you? :P

If you think price is mad, or you think Pete is a liar, then go to Look At Your Box or All About The Soul and shout it :D

Cheers

Dante

currently the site says nothing pro or anti about debating posts in here as far as i can see?

personally, i see a record posted up and decide whether i want to buy it. that's the long and short of it. i couldn't give two f***s what anyone else thinks about it, so discuss away.

edited to add: mind you, if the site introduced such a rule, that would be fine with me too. no biggie as far as i'm concerned.

Edited by Dan
Social source share

Not quite sure why you're so annoyed Pete? Nowhere on your post does it say that you're selling them for someone else, so the natural assumption is that they are your records. After all we have no idea what records you do or don't have.

You always comment that yours are the best prices and that other people ask for unrealistic amounts of money, so people are going to comment when they see you selling records at top end prices.

Dylan also has a point about your name being next to the prices....I sometimes sell bits on my website for friends on a commision basis but if they want what are IMO unrealistic prices then I'll just say thanks but no thanks....because people will associate those prices with me as a seller, even though they are not my records.

BTW this is not a dig, just my opinion. I also agree with the other comments that someones sales thread is not really the place to discuss whether you think those prices are too low/too high.

Adam.

Adam it does say that they are not my records on all of those big pieces, excuse me if I forgot to put it on this one as well.

I have no problem discussing record prices or people saying I'm too expensive or too cheap. I do not like being called a liar though. Do you?

* and I did put it on larry wright because I thought people would have got the message already from the four other records

selling for a mate who isn't interested in trades/offers, sorry

01902 893569

pete.smith@freeuk.com

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Adam it does say that they are not my records on all of those big pieces, excuse me if I forgot to put it on this one as well.

I have no problem discussing record prices or people saying I'm too expensive or too cheap. I do not like being called a liar though. Do you?

* and I did put it on larry wright because I thought people would have got the message already from the four other records

selling for a mate who isn't interested in trades/offers, sorry

01902 893569

pete.smith@freeuk.com

To be honest I think I only looked at one of those threads or just very quickly scanned them so either didn't see or just didn't pay any attention the bit where you say you're selling them for someone else. Not that it really matters...

No, no one likes to be called a liar. I didn't read Dylans comments in that way though, maybe you interpreted them differently.

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

To be honest I think I only looked at one of those threads or just very quickly scanned them so either didn't see or just didn't pay any attention the bit where you say you're selling them for someone else. Not that it really matters...

No, no one likes to be called a liar. I didn't read Dylans comments in that way though, maybe you interpreted them differently.

Adam.

I don't think there's any question that he implied that I was pretending that they were someone else's records so that I could charge higher prices than I usually do, not that it's any of his or anyone else's business how much I charge but to even think I'd attempt something like that is just fcuking laughable and besides - I'm trying to SELL them, not NOT sell them!

Social source share

not that my opinion amounts to a hill a beans... but...

wow. that is refreshing... from what i have seen on the web in discussion forums.

to see two folks talk (er... type) their way thru a disagreement or misunderstanding

in a forum... and do so like gentlemen!

that is not always the case... i am sure you are aware... sometimes threads get locked, flame wars, etc, etc...

anyway... nice. kudos to both of you.

fwiw, i could care less if someone sells for a friend... (sounds to me like he made a wise choice in

having you attempt to market the item... perhaps he is not in a position to do so... or, who knows)

as an example... in the last year or so, i sold an entire collection for a friend.

basically, just helping out a non internet compadre who would have likely sold

them for a buck a piece at a garage sale or... who knows what.

likely happens fairly often, is my guess... (selling items for aquaintances / friends...

or even consignments from some of the "dealers")

who knows... i am guessing... i am a noob to collecting.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!