• Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest MARTIN SNOW

"No time like now" by Philly Cream - top-notch disco

Top tune, two other good tracks on the LP Philly Cream : Whatcha puttin down/Slowdown

How about these :

Archie Bell "Touchin You" 1982 Canadian release only as far as i'm aware

Fat Larry - loads,but his best in my opinion was only on UK release and not on an LP ! "Changes" 1983

Funk Fusion Band "Can you feel it" (AKA Asphalt Jungle TEC)

Damon Harris "Its music"

Heaven and Earth "I really love you"

David Simmons "Holding back"

Sweet Thunder "Love songs"

Brandi Wells "Watch out/What goes around comes around"

And for anyone else who likes their boogie a bit tougher or well rapped up :

Bliss "Fun"

Captain Sky "Station Brake"

Count Coolout "Rhythm Rap Rock/Here to stay"

Frankie Smith "Double dutch"

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Hey Harrogate,

Think I got the right person, was it one of your threads a month ago that still had no takers after the fourth day until I got involved and it was totally deluged ?

If so, it looks like no one wants to talk to you again ! You must be getting pretty lonely up there. Come on people, you've all got WMOT records so help the man out, or have we already mentioned almost all of whats worth mentioning ?

There is one on this label im still looking for.

Check out google, entering WMOT We Men Of Talent Records, theres some interesting links.

Martin

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Another label info/discography needed!

Love this Philly logo - Barbara Mason / Sweet Thunder / Heaven & Earth / Fat Larry and yes The Thompson Brothers AND a few turkeys - Anyone with tips / reccomends / discography?

Thanks in advance

Rich

what about the last hour Blackpool Mecca classic...

"Laid Back Love" by Major Harris

Mike

Social source share

Lots of great stuff on WMOT; Heaven & Earth, FLB etc.

There´s a Best Of WMOT comp featuring the following:

1. Double Dutch Bus - Frankie Smith 2. Will They Miss Me - David Simmons 3. Act Like You Know - Fat Larry's Band 4. Watch Out - Brandi Wells 5. Everybody's Singin' Love Songs - Sweet Thunder 6. She's Got The Papers (I Got The Man) - Barbara Mason 7. Yes, I'm Ready - Barbara Mason 8. Heaven Is Waiting - Tom Grant 9. Zoom - Fat Larry's Band 10. It's Good To Be The King - Mel Brooks 11. Motown Review - Philly Cream 12. Sexy Cream - Slick 13. Be Thankful For What You've Got - William DeVaughn 14. Everybody Here Must Party - Direct Current

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Hey Harrogate,

Think I got the right person, was it one of your threads a month ago that still had no takers after the fourth day until I got involved and it was totally deluged ?

If so, it looks like no one wants to talk to you again ! You must be getting pretty lonely up there. Come on people, you've all got WMOT records so help the man out, or have we already mentioned almost all of whats worth mentioning ?

There is one on this label im still looking for.

Check out google, entering WMOT We Men Of Talent Records, theres some interesting links.

Martin

Thanks guys for the tips - Tis a lonely furrow sometimes ploughed Martin! Will try harder next time! Now about those last records played at ...../ How many copies of FW :(

Best

Rich

Social source share

Breeze - See-saw

Lovely stepper that has to be one of the rarest on the label!

This is a nice one! Still looking for a new copy since I gave mine away in a couple of years ago. If anyone can help pls send me a PM!

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

I´ve heard another nice track (a cheapie 7") by a group called Breeze. Can it be the same group, meaning did this group do more than the 7" mentioned, or am I probably thinking of a completely different act?

Not sure, but both sides of this 45 have female vocals the one on silver dollar (which I suppose you're refering to) does not so probably not the same group.

Social source share

Not sure, but both sides of this 45 have female vocals the one on silver dollar (which I suppose you're refering to) does not so probably not the same group.

Breeze was formed by Brandi Wells who then went on to form Slick according to soulwalking.co.uk. Anyone have a clip of the mentioned Breeze track?

Best

Rich

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

Breeze was formed by Brandi Wells who then went on to form Slick according to soulwalking.co.uk.

Interesting info there! thumbsup.gif

Anyone have a clip of the mentioned Breeze track?

I can post it up when I get home form work.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Here it is:

Breeze.mp3

Oh well, thats blown my chances of getting it cheap on ebay now the word is out. Was hoping no one would mention this one as its been on my wants for several years, but tough.

Anyhow the other Breeze artist/record mentioned on Silver Dollar is from 1980 and is a Leon Stuckey and Paul Riser production and therefore I am assuming that it is the group Rhyze under a different ID, as they produced 2 LP's by them in the same year, 1980, and 1981.

Its a very average soulful boogie double sider which I dont think would have too much appeal to most collectors on here. Its on 12" and 7", and is a fairly common record and of low value. I did see some chancer who shall remain annonymous, trying to punt the 45 out for £50 a couple of years ago, even when they were still available from Craig Moerer at $6. Hardly an ideal move and rather embarrassing thought I at the time. Rest assured, the composer of this message does not treat his fellow collectors/customers as gullible twats !

Martin

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Guest Fredrik

Many thanks for that Fredrik - Nice tune indeed. Just how tough is it to find then? On a par with Thompson Brothers?

Rich

Probably is. I have only seen one copy for sale and that was the one I bought. :D

Social source share

Fredrik, thanks for posting the Breeze track - lovely little tune.

The one I was thinking of originally was

BREEZE, JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME on Silver Dollar from 1980.

Nice cheapie 7" don´t you think?

If you have it, can you provide an mp3 of that one too, please?

Best

Melismo

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Best

Melismo

Hey Melismo, It's cheap like you say, so why not just buy a copy ?

Keep some of us record dealers who price their records sensibly in business please !

No Northern hysteria here !

Martin

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

Best

Melismo

Sorry Melisimo, i don't have it myself. Snippet here:

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sounds/exists...HE_NICK_OF_TIME

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!