Things To Do In Kettering When You're Dead (bored)

I'm going to be spending the week with my cousin and her partner in Kettering in early September (from Monday 3rd to Sunday 9th) and I know the area's a soul hotbed. Can anyone please let me know what's on, on the Friday & Saturday nights 7th & 8th in the area? Also are there any pubs I can go to during the week that play soul (or reggae or both)? Doesn't have to be in Kettering itself, Northampton/Rushden etc too.

I'm going to convert them to Northern as they already like mainstream regular soul such as Aretha, Otis, Marvin etc.

Cheers!

Gordy

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

my mother in law lives in kettering she would (bore) you till your dead... whistling.gif:D:lol: ...soulie55..

ps-go to events on this site some great soul nights in the area and nice people.. :lol::lol:

Social source share

I'm going to be spending the week with my cousin and her partner in Kettering in early September (from Monday 3rd to Sunday 9th) and I know the area's a soul hotbed. Can anyone please let me know what's on, on the Friday & Saturday nights 7th & 8th in the area? Also are there any pubs I can go to during the week that play soul (or reggae or both)? Doesn't have to be in Kettering itself, Northampton/Rushden etc too.

I'm going to convert them to Northern as they already like mainstream regular soul such as Aretha, Otis, Marvin etc.

Cheers!

Gordy

You poor thing!!! I grew up in Kettering, shhh.gif couldn't wait to leave!!!

If you contact Karl Boddington or Catriona on here, they will be able to let u know whats going on.

Annie

Social source share

Cheers!

Gordy

Friday 7th September, Soul @ The Ath Bedford. Lots of peeps travel from Rushden, Northants, Kettering (Bedford to Kettering approx 25miles) areas for this one thumbsup.gif

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...i&img=26163

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Cheers!

Gordy

If ya cant find soul there is a great real ale pub around the corner from me, called the alexander arms on victoria st...... the three cocks on a sunday night is a regular soul thing run by kev such,bring your records and spin i believe, i havent been yet but if you extend your stay its worth a go..........Andy.

Social source share

You poor thing!!! I grew up in Kettering, :thumbsup: couldn't wait to leave!!!

If you contact Karl Boddington or Catriona on here, they will be able to let u know whats going on.

Annie

So did I Annie, I escaped in 1984 down to Somerset. We may well have crossed paths in the "Old days" LOL Debs.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

You poor thing!!! I grew up in Kettering, :thumbsup: couldn't wait to leave!!!

Annie

THOUGHT YOU STILL LIVED THERE YOU'VE GOT THE ACCENT HO HO :wicked::lol::( TERRY

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Intresting fact not - I went on a scooter rally to Kettering .. left all my underwear at home had to go to M&S and spend about £50 on underwear for the weekend... :wicked: that was beer money :thumbsup:

i didnt realise knicker and bra sets cost that much back in 1973 :lol:

you really are a tart through and through :(

Social source share

Guest hurryup

You poor thing!!! I grew up in Kettering, :P couldn't wait to leave!!!

Annie

:thumbsup::P

I lived near Kettering for over ten years and thought it was a lovely place. There's some beautiful countryside around there and loads of interesting places to visit. Unfortunately, I've been back in South Yorkshire for the last eight years and it's the pits compared to that area. I'm allowed to say that because I was born and bred in this god-forsaken rat hole :yes::)

Social source share

Guest matt tees
Intresting fact not - I went on a scooter rally to Kettering .. left all my underwear at home had to go to M&S and spend about £50 on underwear for the weekend... :( that was beer money :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest matt tees

Intresting fact not - I went on a scooter rally to Kettering .. left all my underwear at home had to go to M&S and spend about £50 on underwear for the weekend... :( that was beer money :thumbsup:

This does not surprise me AT ALL!!! I think you was hoping you were in for a good weekend!!

Social source share

you should have gone commando, fancy wasting beer money on knickers :yes:

Social source share

try the LONDON ROAD quickest road out of there :thumbsup:

Ignore him, he lived here briefly til we got shot of him! :(

The do at the Ath' in Kettering will be oldies orientated. The last one was brilliant and raised £2000 for the local hospice but expect an older bunch of punters! The Ath in Bedford will be a fabulous night but is a fair drive unless you can con a relative to drive or go by train! It s my lovely man s 40 th on the 7th so we may be partying somewhere glamorous ( like Nuneaton!)

But if you pm me nearer the time, I ll see if we can find you some soul!

xxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!