Soul @salwick

HERE'S A BELATED REVIEW OF SOUL@SALWICK ,ALWAYS GREAT FUN WHENEVER WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO GUEST. FROM THE VERY ONSET WHEN WE ARRIVED AFTER A 3 HOUR JOURNEY . THE BALL WAS ROLLIN WHEN WE GOT A CAB IN WHICH THE DRIVER GOT US LOST AROUND 4 TIMES .NOT FUNNY WHEN YOUR GAGGIN FOR A PINT, AS WAS THE REST OF OUR PARTY ,DAVE RIMMER ,HIS WIFE MARGIE,AND LOUISE MY WIFE AKA. MRS SOUL WHO WAS IN FACT MAKING HER DEBUT AT SALWICK.AFTER MANY DRINKS AND A COUPLE OF TOASTS TO THE ANNIVERSARY OF MR AND MRS RIMMERS WEDDING.A BUS RIDE A COUPLE OF TAXIS AND SOME NOSH .THE EVENING KICKED OFF STEADILY ,A FEW TECHNICAL HITCHES, BUT HEY THATS ALL PART OF THE CRACK ,WITH AROUND 60-70 PEOPLE IT TURNED OUT TO BE A GOOD NIGHT. ALSO NICE TALKING TO STEVE FROM WINSFORD AND KID MOHAIR LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT TIME ALREADY WOODY

• Replies 5
  • Views 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I,ll second that, next time its on, give these guys and galls a look in, they deserve it, they work realy hard, best set of the nite, mr rimmer gets first prize, and just so you know, I had a lot of bother getting woody into the 4 poster bed , as usual, the immortal words, for fcuk,s sake woody get in this bloody bed,i sometimes wonder why we bother stopping over, but anyway, had brill time as always, cheers everybody!! :thumbsup:

It was a great night. Sorry to have missed your spot Lou, a few technical hitches of my own (Trying the get Margaret's nose out of the bloody Harry Potter book) :P . I think with that mixer it's a good job Dave knew his left from his right :P .

I really can't understand why this isn't a packer every time, a bit off the beaten track but a superb venue / dance floor and music wise as good a 'soul night' as you will find anywhere. IMO

Nice to hear Dave finish with the Gwenn Douglass and have people on the floor I may stick it back in my play box now he's building a following for it :thumbsup:

Did you play the Venturas Lou?

It was a great night. Sorry to have missed your spot Lou, a few technical hitches of my own (Trying the get Margaret's nose out of the bloody Harry Potter book) :) . I think with that mixer it's a good job Dave knew his left from his right wink.gif .

I really can't understand why this isn't a packer every time, a bit off the beaten track but a superb venue / dance floor and music wise as good a 'soul night' as you will find anywhere. IMO

Nice to hear Dave finish with the Gwenn Douglass and have people on the floor I may stick it back in my play box now he's building a following for it :thumbsup:

I meant to do a look back earlier in the week, but this week has been a bit of a disaster (Margie ended up in hospital on Wednesday, she's back home and feeling much better now though)

Big thanks to Geoff, Sue, and Dave for their hospitality, and especially big thanks for the two bottles of champagne to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Really enjoyed the whole day, especially seeing Margie imitating an inebriated newt at 5pm :yes::lol:

Numbers wise, I believe it was up considerably on the previous month, at least twice as many I'm told, but the fact is it could still do with a few more through the door. So if you live locally, get yourself along there, it really is a great venue, and well worth the trouble finding it.

Lou and Sue played a blining set and had people dancing almost straight away, you missed a treat Ged.

The mixer was a bit of a nightmare though. The left fader controlled the right deck, and the mic ! and the right fader controlled the left deck. I thought I managed ok given the amount of alcohol I'd consumed by the time I got to the decks :P

I agree, it was nice to see the Gwenn Douglass getting dancers up. Sorry no playlist this time, I simply haven't had time to go through the box and sort it out. Just thanks really, as already said to Geoff, Sue and Dave, and Woody and Lou for the taxi ride to and from Preston :P

right off to see the Doctor now with Margie.

Photos in the gallery now.

Edited by Dave Rimmer

It was a great night. Sorry to have missed your spot Lou, a few technical hitches of my own (Trying the get Margaret's nose out of the bloody Harry Potter book) :yes: . I think with that mixer it's a good job Dave knew his left from his right :no: .

yes I did, and you missed it, but what are you doing on the 24th, ...

and you are right, as i have said before, I have been a few times in the past, and its been packed, so why have no,s gone down a bit, yes a big niter on the same nite when we where there, but, even so could have been a good warmup, they are not ready to give up yet, so lets turn this round, hopefully, will be back soon, and hopefully me and sue can double deck again, we do get on so well behind the decks, we dont even ask what each othere is going to play , we just get on with it, I think we have a 6th sense when it comes to playing together, we each know what the other is thinking, and always play to the floor, we want to make people dance thier legs off. next time my hero little johnweston is on, and the delightful mr may, if i am correct :( should be a nite to remember!!!