Vestax Or Numark Portables

Dave Abbott

I need to buy a portable record player. Was gonig to be the Vestax till I found out that Numark do one now.

Both have exactly the same specs but the Numark PT01 (apart from being a tad cheaper) is quite a bit smaller - 12" diagonal and will fit in a record bag (or lots of other sorts of bags too)

Anyone have any experience of the Numark. Want to know how it sounds like through the speaker.

TIA

post-1115-1108034419_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi dave, i havent tried the numark but try find an alternative to the vestax. it's a bit heavy & bulky & doesnt play too loud. it also eats batteries.

is a battery portable a necessity? there's a great 'plug only' one that turns up on ebay.co.uk quite often. it's a generic 70s player called 'fidelity' - it's the best portable ever! it's reasonably light , neat & plays very loud. will try find a link if you are interested.

pm me if you wanna know more, i used to collect portables - what was i thinking?

Social source share

I need to buy a portable record player. Was gonig to be the Vestax till I found out that Numark do one now.

Both have exactly the same specs but the Numark PT01 (apart from being a tad cheaper) is quite a bit smaller - 12" diagonal and will fit in a record bag (or lots of other sorts of bags too)

Anyone have any experience of the Numark. Want to know how it sounds like through the speaker.

TIA

link

got one,but its called ionIPT 01,must say i am confused!,is mine a original,they are very good.yours Mr backdoor-100club

Social source share

i would recommend you spend more time considering the headphones. this can make a big difference. i have some excellent studio Sony headphones which are no longer available in this country but plenty on the net.

dave, i will send you the spec later.

i have a vestax and find it very good. good batteries last forever too.

shane

Social source share

they are meant to be used with headphones really. the speaker is very poor. not only is it quiet there is no bass. mine sounds great with proper headphones.

shane

Social source share

TIA

link

You can find out on the 26th if you can wait that long mate!

Paul

SITC

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Dave why not ring Frenchie he sells the Numark things at his shop i'm pretty sure :shades: and he can give you a fairly honest appraisal who knows he may even be reading this as he is on here, you would save on P&P as well as i could pick it up for you

Social source share

can't wait mate. I lost a bet and have to buy one (have u a Numark?)

Think I will prob get the Numark and if its no good i can blame Kenny  :shades:

link

Yes I have got one. Bloody good too. + or - 10% pitch, line in, line out and even plays 78s! Much more sturdy too. Fit in a 12" box. Try here:

https://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=numpt01

£79. Bargain!

Paul

SITC

Social source share

Anyone on here still got a Discotron (think thats how you spelt it).I always wanted one but the paper round money never quite stretched that far

Social source share

Anyone on here still got a Discotron (think thats how you spelt it).I always wanted one but the paper round money never quite stretched that far

link

=================================================

Yip I have one just needs a new drive belt, nice collecters item but theres no way

I,m gonna play any of my 45,s in it :D

Social source share

Yip I have one just needs a new drive belt, nice collecters item but theres no way

I,m gonna play any of my 45,s in it  :D

link

get one off sitco1,maplins are £139,give me mine for a £100,thought it was cheep not so sure now?.backdoor-ken100club

Social source share

I,m gonna play any of my 45,s in it  :D

link

Not even The Snake or Frank Wilson? :D:D

Social source share

I own the Numark PT-01. It's great! And it's easy on batteries. Had it 6 months, and changed the batteries once! Also, I run it through my computer with a Soundblaster MP3+. Thats another awesome tool. Comes with a great program to record your vinyl into MP3's. Only $37 here, not sure if availiable in the UK. Then again I don't see why not. Defintily worth checking out.

-Mike

Social source share

ive got a bush discassette ,which i think is rare , same as a discatron ?takes 6 batteries.

link

Discassette!! Boy that takes me back to me yoof! we used to stand around the cuts on the estate, playin our latest finds... prob was every so often ya used to have to tip it upside down to shake the vinyl filings out!!!! :D Deffo wudnt play me records on one these days!!! (well mebs the Snake an Nobody But You!!! :D )

steve

Social source share

link

Discotrons had to be the most desirable of desirables. Wanted one desperately but never got one. Vivid memories of listening to Earl van Dyke tinkling out "Ican't help myself" on a Manchester railway platform one sunny Sunday morning.

Social source share

Discotrons had to be the most desirable of desirables. Wanted one desperately but never got one. Vivid memories of listening to Earl van Dyke  tinkling out "Ican't help myself" on a Manchester railway platform one sunny Sunday morning.

link

Always remember a bloke at an all-dayer at Central Hall Kettering standing in the foyer playing his prospective purchases on one...............the fact that he selected 'The devil Made Me Do it ' from my box to play made me realise he was probably not a well man :lol:

Social source share

Just remember NOT to make bets with me in the future as I only bet on things when I know I am right .........tra la la la la la la

I can take my new portable to Prestatyn :-)

Social source share

Just remember NOT to make bets with me in the future as I only bet on things when I know I am right .........tra la la la la la la

I can take my new portable to Prestatyn :-)

link

No, and neither do I make bets unless i think i am right (not for any value any way) Damn and blast! But you had some insider information which you didnt tell me untill after you had won the bet!! :angry: LOL

Social source share

:shades: Kenny you bought a bootleg record player. Hope you dont take it out to any proper soul nights LOL  :)

link

Never bought a boot in my live!!had plenty given though,do you know of any proper soul nights round london,we only have norven do`s & mod do ya head ins,your backdoor-ken PS know how to get proper fucked though.

Social source share

You can't beat the Kids record player FISHER PRICE around £10 off the car boot

INDESTRUCTABLE STYLUS and plays 45s 33 s plus a niffty centre addaptor which folds into the centre spindle

Watch out for the rare "Big Bird" seasame Street US limited edition if you are in the USA !! I kid you not !!

Social source share

post-1327-1108349241_thumb.jpgThe Fisher Price is only good if you want to hear "Au Claire De La Lune" over and over. What Dave really needs is the Camper van record player, it's MORE portable and will amuse everyone who sees it.

link

Blue one for me,please lisa super them vans?backdoor-ken 100club

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!