Detroit Item Wanted

the seminoles - trouble in mind.............hi-lite

I would like a copy of this tune, and can anyone tell me anything about the band? etc.........etc......

seminoles.mp3

A Great original detroit tune...........Fantastic mid tempo!!! IMO

its on the same label as Tommy Frontera - leading lady..............apparentley its rarer????? anyone got a copy for me?

Edited by mossy
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

that's a beautiful record mossy, don't think i've ever heard it before. thanks for putting us (well me, anyway) onto it!

Social source share

that's a beautiful record mossy, don't think i've ever heard it before. thanks for putting us (well me, anyway) onto it!

:huh: Got one the weekend !!!! and the b sides a nice early style / poppy doo wop sound IMO :wub: And thanks for getting back to me :wub:

A Quality Soulful Detroit item IMO, Cheers :wub:

have_you_got_a_love.mp3

post-6465-1185837468_thumb.jpg

Any info about this band? someone mentioned to me that they thought they were the Volumes ??????????????????

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Here's the Mid Town record.......awesome tuneage. Embers version is very slighty different as Chalky stated.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Listening to both, the only difference I can make out is that Embers is a few seconds longer because of a few seconds of clapping at the very end.

Social source share

Here's the Mid Town record.......awesome tuneage. Embers version is very slighty different as Chalky stated.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Abaracadabara............. :shades: Mark, it is a FANTASTIC harmony and lead ! chooon !!!! How much nowdays ??

you_can_lump_it.mp3

Edited by mossy
Social source share

The Embers, backing harmony slightly different if you ask me and a different member on lead (if not slightly deeper voiced on this production)....Mid Town one sounds a bit more polished.

Embers___You_Can_Lump_It.mp3

Chalky, do you think the Embers came out twice?  Straight of the Act IV record, it does sound different to your clip, but the same as the Mid Town one to me.

Social source share

It may have done Simon, the clip I posted was taken directly from an Act IV disc :shades: I've never heard an Act IV one the same as the mid town release, always assumed same as one I posted!

Yes definatley 3 takes here, Two sounding v similar but the Embers slightly longer with handclapps and the take with the deeper vocal :rolleyes: Weird

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!