Dobie Gray

Steve G

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've got the promo 12" and found 4 sealed copies of the LP. This guy's nuts for asking that price!

That's ok, I just saw a Slick Rick and Dougie Fresh "The Show'/'La Di Da Di" listed for $20,000. I must be rich because I've got 4 copies in my hip hop sales box and two in my collection. WOW! I can buy a house with that money!

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Personally i blame the SSCDT's shamless pluging of anything Dobie which has very probably driven the price of this mega rarity through the roof (or false ceiling in this case) of course it's all Janine's fault :shades:

Trouty

Social source share

Personally i blame the SSCDT's shamless pluging of anything Dobie which has very probably driven the price of this mega rarity through the roof (or false ceiling in this case) of course it's all Janine's fault :shades:

Trouty

link

I concur, Mr Trautmann.

It seems like the hottest thing on the dancefloor at the moment, and to think you could pick one up on Manships for £5 as recent as, erm, today. It goes to show there are bargains out there, but people insist on following the sheep and playing the next big thing.

It seems like our man is Chargering too much for this one though :D

Social source share

His other item he sold looked at bargain at £6.50 though, thats if you like fishing.

Ed

link

Thanks for the replies guys, ....I have also found one in my garage since the original post, and the next door neighbour is checking his old records to see if he has one as well as we speak :D .

I see the seller is based down the road from me in Waltham Abbey, so I am wondering whether I should tell him to "dop bein' so stoopid" and to "shave three zeroes" off of the price. :D

Social source share

His other item he sold looked at bargain at £6.50 though, thats if you like fishing.

Ed

link

The saddest part of all this? His "item counter views" have gone from about 15 in the first five days to 150 in the last few hours as a direct result no doubt of SS interest on this topic. With two days left to go, sitting in the local Chinese earlier between starters and crispy duck, I had this horrible vision of this guy sitting there in a badly wallpapered room down the road going:

"Margeret, Margeret"

(long pause)

(Margeret) "Yes dear" (distant voice from upstairs)

"You know that Dobie Gray record we put up on e-bay?"

(Margeret) "Yes, the one in the corner next to that fishing tackle?"

"That's right dear, well there's two days to go and our e-bay site has been hit 100 times this afternoon alone"

(Margeret) "Ooh, how much?"

"I reckon old Jed was right and these northern soul guys have found it after all, and are all getting ready to "snipe" us with bis bids at the last minute"

(Margeret) "Have we made our fortune then?"

"I think we're about to".

How disappointed will they be when the "auction over - no bids" email arrives on Saturday?

:D:D:D:D

Social source share

The saddest part of all this? His "item counter views" have gone from about 15 in the first five days to 150 in the last few hours as a direct result no doubt of SS interest on this topic. With two days left to go, sitting in the local Chinese earlier between starters and crispy duck, I had this horrible vision of this guy sitting there in a badly wallpapered room down the road going:

"Margeret, Margeret"

(long pause)

(Margeret) "Yes dear" (distant voice from upstairs)

"You know that Dobie Gray record we put up on e-bay?"

(Margeret) "Yes, the one in the corner next to that fishing tackle?"

"That's right dear, well there's two days to go and  our e-bay site has been hit 100 times this afternoon alone"

(Margeret) "Ooh, how much?"

"I reckon old Jed was right and these northern soul guys have found it after all, and are all getting ready to "snipe" us with bis bids at the last minute"

(Margeret) "Have we made our fortune then?"

"I think we're about to".

How disappointed will they be when the "auction over - no bids" email arrives on Saturday?

:D   :D   :D   :D

link

Think he may have mixed his price tags up,I mean this https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6152873337&rd=1

has to be worth a grand of anyones money :D:D:D:D

Edited by martyn
Social source share

TRY CONTACTING THE SELLER AND ASK HIM IF HE PUT THE CORRECT PRICE ON IT, THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE OBVIOUS THING TO DO

link

No need to shout there matey :lol:

But in answer to your point about what's the obvious thing to do, well, how do you know that no-one's done that?

And if they did they might just get this answer:

BECAUSE IVE BEEN OFFERED £800 FROM SOME ONE I THINK IS A DEALER WHOS GOING TO SELL IT ON SO IT MUST BE WORTH MORE I NO THESE PROMOTIONS ARE RARE THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTIONS I HAVE SEVEN PEOPLE WATCHING SO IF YOUR INTRESTED PLEASE GET YOUR BID IN FAST

Over to you :no:

Godz

ps - you're not the same bloke are you?

Social source share

TRY CONTACTING THE SELLER AND ASK HIM IF HE PUT THE CORRECT PRICE ON IT, THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE OBVIOUS THING TO DO

link

As he is down the road I might just do that if I finish painting this huge blank wall today :lol:

Out of interest what happens if you do put the wrong price on something - can't you withdraw it or something, and relist? Not an ebay seller, so don't know the answer.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!