Mark Bicknell

The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown

I 've had this record for maybe twenty years, The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown - always rated it but never played it out much if at all, in the price guides i think at around £250.00 but just wondering if anyone knows about it or likes it even, nice group record that needs a couple of plays then it's quality hooks you, a little messy to start with but there is something there? Proper Northern!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1185541466_thumb.jpg

I 've had this record for maybe twenty years, The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown - always rated it but never played it out much if at all, in the price guides i think at around £250.00 but just wondering if anyone knows about it or likes it even, nice group record that needs a couple of plays then it's quality hooks you, a little messy to start with but there is something there? Proper Northern!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Don't remember this Mark.

Any chance of a sound clip?

:thumbsup:

Don't remember this Mark.

Any chance of a sound clip?

Sorry, i would if i could but i can't, i'm totally useless with this kind of stuff, plus my PC has no sound it's falling to bits, the turntable is upstairs and i don't know really how to do it sorry, best i can do is play it on the show over the next few weeks, www.solarradio.com say on Sunday August 5th...best i can do...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sorry, i would if i could but i can't, i'm totally useless with this kind of stuff, plus my PC has no sound it's falling to bits, the turntable is upstairs and i don't know really how to do it sorry,

Sounds just like me!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

hi mark

hope all is well.

i used to play this early 90's. agree is a tad messy but i do like messy sounds. sold it a few years ago though but can't remember who too, possibly swapped it with Lew Stanley as i thinkthe other side was of interest to group collectors.

Bet sounds good tune in todays climate

Cheers

Phil

we sold a used (ex) copy in 2004 for £200.

to hear it

http://raresoulman.co.uk/rarest-of-the-rare/73

It is the only copy we've had in recent years.

same label as the c-quents - you and me -

another under-rated and perhaps under-value goodie.

Edited by john manship

we sold a used (ex) copy in 2004 for £200.

to hear it

http://raresoulman.co.uk/rarest-of-the-rare/73

It is the only copy we've had in recent years.

same label as the c-quents - you and me -

another under-rated and perhaps under-value goodie.

love the messy-ness of the UPTOWNERS and C-QUENTS,but my copy of C-quents is on Essica not Captown.

Was UPTOWNERS issued on both labels???

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.