The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown

I 've had this record for maybe twenty years, The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown - always rated it but never played it out much if at all, in the price guides i think at around £250.00 but just wondering if anyone knows about it or likes it even, nice group record that needs a couple of plays then it's quality hooks you, a little messy to start with but there is something there? Proper Northern!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1185541466_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I 've had this record for maybe twenty years, The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown - always rated it but never played it out much if at all, in the price guides i think at around £250.00 but just wondering if anyone knows about it or likes it even, nice group record that needs a couple of plays then it's quality hooks you, a little messy to start with but there is something there? Proper Northern!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Don't remember this Mark.

Any chance of a sound clip?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Don't remember this Mark.

Any chance of a sound clip?

:thumbsup:

Sorry, i would if i could but i can't, i'm totally useless with this kind of stuff, plus my PC has no sound it's falling to bits, the turntable is upstairs and i don't know really how to do it sorry, best i can do is play it on the show over the next few weeks, www.solarradio.com say on Sunday August 5th...best i can do...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

hi mark

hope all is well.

i used to play this early 90's. agree is a tad messy but i do like messy sounds. sold it a few years ago though but can't remember who too, possibly swapped it with Lew Stanley as i thinkthe other side was of interest to group collectors.

Bet sounds good tune in todays climate

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

we sold a used (ex) copy in 2004 for £200.

to hear it

https://raresoulman.co.uk/rarest-of-the-rare/73

It is the only copy we've had in recent years.

same label as the c-quents - you and me -

another under-rated and perhaps under-value goodie.

love the messy-ness of the UPTOWNERS and C-QUENTS,but my copy of C-quents is on Essica not Captown.

Was UPTOWNERS issued on both labels???

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!