The Attic

Its Attic time again!

Sat 4th August sees us start our 2nd year off with two guests - Dave Hallam and Mak.

Both have supported us from day 1 and its nice to give them a chance to spin a few tunes for us :boxing:

So it'll be the usual mixture of lesser played northern and crossover with a bit of R&B thrown in. No politics, no bullshit just good music :rolleyes:

The Attic- upstairs at the Black Bull Inn Woodhouse Road Mansfield Notts

7.30 - 12.15 £3 OTD

Cheers, see ya next week :boxing:

• Replies 56
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Its Attic time again!

Sat 4th August sees us start our 2nd year off with two guests - Dave Hallam and Mak.

Both have supported us from day 1 and its nice to give them a chance to spin a few tunes for us :boxing:

So it'll be the usual mixture of lesser played northern and crossover with a bit of R&B thrown in. No politics, no bullshit just good music :rolleyes:

7.30 - 12.15 £3 OTD

Cheers, see ya next week :boxing:

As ever i've given it a plug or six on the show recently, hope it helps, have a banging night chaps....see you soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

www.solarradio.com

Its Attic time again!

Both have supported us from day 1 and its nice to give them a chance to spin a few tunes for us :D

So it'll be the usual mixture of lesser played northern and crossover with a bit of R&B thrown in. No politics, no bullshit just good music :P

7.30 - 12.15 £3 OTD

Cheers, see ya next week :lol:

Comes round quicker each month!!.

Two of the Gang of Four(Dean and Garry) are away on holiday,so this month sees 2 guests on at THE ATTIC.

Both local collector's/dj's and regular attendees, MAK and DAVE HALLAM will be spinnning the toons sandwiched neatly between STEVE L. and KEV.

Usual mix of sounds,we aint saying nothing new,just offering something a bit different on a Saturday in Mansfield.

Come and see for yourself,no pretences,no bolloc's,taking it back.KEV. :D

Sorry to be missing it but the kids deserve a holiday. I could've followed Garrrrry's example and taken them on a day tour of Wigan - yep he was treading the streets like a vagrant again last week, wandering around Wigan muttering "I'm sure I dropped 10p somewhere around here in November '75". Think he's still waiting for a lift back.

Have a great night people, hope Mak and Dave are not too good, don't want a Dear Dean letter through the door upon our return.

Just off to shave under my arms and In The Nick of ****, on the look out for lonely divorcees or morally corrupt women in the South West to share a tent with. Biggest concern is that my wind-up radio won't pick up Solar Radio, so change that to a morally corrupt woman with sky tv or broadband. Have to pack a few CD's into the car, wind the window down and see if anyone gives me the NS fist, or any fist would do!

Give you a call, looking forward to Mak and Dave's playlist.

This night's going from strength to strength, go along and see why, and hear sounds you thought you'd forgotten, something new or just plain great northern soul.

See you soon, Dean

Guest Mart B

You've never had trouble finding morally corrupt women Dean :)

Have a good one mate , hope the weather holds up for you - we'll keep you posted :(

Attic top club/ top sounds /topboys/.

Steve L great nite last nite mate at kingsway just like old times,good to see carl piper fit again- cant make it next week mate as you know, might bump into dean somewhere on the m5 carpark lol.Did you manage to get steinways mate?. shhh.gif

Attic top club/ top sounds /topboys/.

Steve L great nite last nite mate at kingsway just like old times,good to see carl piper fit again- cant make it next week mate as you know, might bump into dean somewhere on the m5 carpark lol.Did you manage to get steinways mate?. :)

hey up Mart,not defecting are you? biggrin.gif .Saw CARL at Bentinck ,looked well.

Can't make it again??...it's not good enough Mart.Bring a note excusing yourself next time. :(

Guest Mart B

hey up Mart,not defecting are you? biggrin.gif .Saw CARL at Bentinck ,looked well.

Can't make it again??...it's not good enough Mart.Bring a note excusing yourself next time. :(

HI Kev

Sorry kevh ill send a yellow peril with SteveL.Have a good one Kev i know Dave Hallam will deliver top sounds.Not defecting mate it was a good nite at kingsway Pete Taylor did a cracking spot- as well as the other djs. :)

Guest MarkP

Hey Kev.

Save me seat and a space on the dancefloor. Great night last time out as always, will be coming early as per usual.

Got me self a few tunes, may be gettin the bug again, no doubt Mary will keep me in check.

Give us a bell and i will sort out them "super rare" cd`s for you.

Cheers cuz

Mark

P.S. No givin the forum virgin any stick.

Guest krawen

Its Attic time again!

Both have supported us from day 1 and its nice to give them a chance to spin a few tunes for us :D

So it'll be the usual mixture of lesser played northern and crossover with a bit of R&B thrown in. No politics, no bullshit just good music :P

7.30 - 12.15 £3 OTD

Cheers, see ya next week :(

I'll see you and Kev Saturday then,

What are you doing this weekend Mr & Mrs Nut , will you be joining me at the bar :huh:

All the best

Steve B

Hey Kev.

Save me seat and a space on the dancefloor. Great night last time out as always, will be coming early as per usual.

Got me self a few tunes, may be gettin the bug again, no doubt Mary will keep me in check.

Give us a bell and i will sort out them "super rare" cd`s for you.

Cheers cuz

Mark

P.S. No givin the forum virgin any stick.

hi Mark, if you've got the bug again ,its nowt to do with me!!!.

Great to hear you're coming(when you off to sunnier climate??).

Thinking about allocating dancefloor space to regulars in the form of 1 metre blocks.Yours is A5,right next to the speaker. :P .Will be selling 'em off just like when you "buy a star",,,,KEV. :huh:

What are you doing this weekend Mr & Mrs Nut , will you be joining me at the bar :huh:

All the best

Steve B

Hi Steve,be good to see you again ,and the missus(she's allocated B3,near the bar :P ,see previous post.).

Try and get Mr & Mrs Nut to come,JMYTG and me had only just got started :( .

Guest MarkP

WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT?

Only a 1 meter square, thats no good for me for me, I1ll have A3 A4 and A5 please. I know its prime real estate, but i`ll trip over myself in only 1 square.

Looks set for end August, just been looking for soul nights in the area and it looks like theres a few so may have to go and check them out.

Not gonna go mad with the sounds, just enough to keep the blood flowing, but you never know!!!???.

Not your fault at all, if i end up spending all me money records, how much do you want for the PEPS!!??.

Ha Ha.

Hoping to pick up a few nice bits and pieces today, missed out on a bargain yesterday and that ain`t gonna happen again.

Cheers and see you all Saturday.

Mark.

h

Thinking about allocating dancefloor space to regulars in the form of 1 metre blocks.Yours is A5,right next to the speaker. :D .Will be selling 'em off just like when you "buy a star",,,,KEV. :rolleyes:

Hi Kev

You can sub let our blocks off this weekend ( Liz and Jill always have the first 2 outside the blokes toilets !! unsure.gif )

They have booked us to go to Thorne but will be back to reclaim our usual spot in September. Sad to miss this month as Mr Mak always plays a quality spot.

Hope you all have a good un.

Mark

Hi Kev

You can sub let our blocks off this weekend ( Liz and Jill always have the first 2 outside the blokes toilets !! :wub: )

They have booked us to go to Thorne but will be back to reclaim our usual spot in September. Sad to miss this month as Mr Mak always plays a quality spot.

Hope you all have a good un.

Mark

Just had Mak on the phone from Santorini!!.

But he assures me he'll be back in time for Saturday.

He's been hunting for sounds out there, found some nice bouzouki instrumentals...........can't wait :wub::wub: .

See you and the missus in SEPT Mark. :huh:

Guest MickD

I'm sure it will be a top night as always .. and if I aint got too much of a bad head from the night before you just might see us up there. :huh:

Its Attic time again!

Both have supported us from day 1 and its nice to give them a chance to spin a few tunes for us :lol:

So it'll be the usual mixture of lesser played northern and crossover with a bit of R&B thrown in. No politics, no bullshit just good music :D

7.30 - 12.15 £3 OTD

Cheers, see ya next week :lol:

Comes round quicker each month!!.

Two of the Gang of Four(Dean and Garry) are away on holiday,so this month sees 2 guests on at THE ATTIC.

Both local collector's/dj's and regular attendees, MAK and DAVE HALLAM will be spinnning the toons sandwiched neatly between STEVE L. and KEV.

Usual mix of sounds,we aint saying nothing new,just offering something a bit different on a Saturday in Mansfield.

Come and see for yourself,no pretences,no bolloc's,taking it back.KEV. :lol:

On the menu for Saturday, a helping of Northern,crossover and a touch of r'n'b.

Hoping to be playing some sounds that make you think " I've not heard that out for a long time",or " No-one plays that out any more",to "Don't hear that played locally at all".

Off the menu.....football :huh: ,after last nites result.

Any of you Sheffield people coming??,Vault of Souler,Cunnie,Errol??etc......

See you Saturday..............KEV. :thumbup:

What are you doing this weekend Mr & Mrs Nut , will you be joining me at the bar :D

All the best

Steve B

HI STEVE,not out.im on looking after me dear old mum duty.shes just out of hospital,plus me n the nut are getting ready for our trip to greece next week.after the hols we are going to try and pack in the fags.we'll be goin cold turkey.should be fun.want to try n pack in b4 skeg.going to miss going to the attic,had a great night last time.still plenty more in the future. have a gud un :P

Guest krawen

Off the menu.....football :rolleyes: ,after last nites result.

That reminds me Kev how did Forest reserves go on against a full Derby 1st team last night.................que Krawen

Not very well :shades:

Well the time will soon be upon us for another dose of THE ATTIC . Once again I'm sure it will be a fabulous night.

Hi MAK,glad to see you're back and rearing to go. Dave's putting on some Ouzo to make you feel at home.

Don't forget to put your watch back to BST :sweatingbullets: ,,,,,KEV.

Its Attic time again!

Both have supported us from day 1 and its nice to give them a chance to spin a few tunes for us :wicked:

So it'll be the usual mixture of lesser played northern and crossover with a bit of R&B thrown in. No politics, no bullshit just good music :thumbsup:

7.30 - 12.15 £3 OTD

Cheers, see ya next week :wicked:

I'm sure it will be a top night as always .. and if I aint got too much of a bad head from the night before you just might see us up there. :lol:

Hi Mick, just read Paul's thread about pre-party drinks at DKOF on Friday.

4 o'clock start??? for drinks,,you're made of sterner stuff than us!!!! :D .

SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER,,KEV. :lol:

HI STEVE,not out.im on looking after me dear old mum duty.shes just out of hospital,plus me n the nut are getting ready for our trip to greece next week.after the hols we are going to try and pack in the fags.we'll be goin cold turkey.should be fun.want to try n pack in b4 skeg.going to miss going to the attic,had a great night last time.still plenty more in the future. have a gud un :lol:

not coming? was looking forward to picking the bones out of the scene with you :lol: ,but it can wait!!.see you and the Nut next time?(SEPT..DKOF guesting),,,KEV. thumbsup.gif

not coming? was looking forward to picking the bones out of the scene with you :D ,but it can wait!!.see you and the Nut next time?(SEPT..DKOF guesting),,,KEV. thumbsup.gif

sorry bout that kev,as said im nurse jim this weekend.Ive always got something to say about the scene rolleyes.gif .i could have brought my BERNARD WILLIAMS with me and you could have played both sides :D .should deffo be there next time.have a great nite as im sure you will and TRY and keep mr n mrs brown away from the bar :wub::lol::P

Edited by JMYTG
Guest krawen

sorry bout that kev,as said im nurse jim this weekend.Ive always got something to say about the scene :thumbsup: .i could have brought my BERNARD WILLIAMS with me and you could have played both sides :( .should deffo be there next time.have a great nite as im sure you will and TRY and keep Mr n Mrs Brown away from the bar :wub::thumbsup:laugh.gif

:P

don't forget all you smokers.....got a little smoking balcony just outside so you can chuff away whilst listening to the sounds, or if you want you can go downstairs to chill out and have a fag. :lol:

Also for you early arrivals,DAVE THE LANDLORD does some mighty fine grub downstairs.. :yes: ..might even put some sounds on ,cd's,to whet your appetite.

All set up,knackered, moving chairs around and stuff for Dave the LL, SO SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY.

DJ times

7.30 - 9.15 ME/KEV

9.15 - 10.15 MAK

10.15 - 11.15 DAVE HALLAM

11.15 - 12.15ish ME/KEV

Soulful is the word Mak - Got some nice new tunes I'm looking forward to spinning :lol:

Its gonna be a warm 'un people :yes:

Bloody hell Steve you and Kev for and hour and forty five mins then another hour at the end, you will be whacked mate....lol enjoy yourselves lads without the other two...lol should let Mak and Dave earn their money.....lol.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Money , money . No one mentioned money . Just might have to PM you Mark :yes: .I will be able to get my TEMPOS - LONELY ONE - RILEY with my earnings then will I :lol:

It was a term of phrase mate....lol have a good night...nice tune mate The Tempos I've only got the common one on Diamond Jim....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Guest just mo

Bloody hell Steve you and Kev for and hour and forty five mins then another hour at the end, you will be whacked mate....lol enjoy yourselves lads without the other two...lol should let Mak and Dave earn their money.....lol.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark you should know MAK and DAVE are doing it for the love of it,just like the rest of us. :yes: .They only live 2 minutes away,, we'll keep 'em in drinks all nite.

That first dj session will just about see Steve and myself into a stupor,who knows what we'll be playing at the end :yes: ,,see you soon ,,KEV. :lol:

Hi Kev.

Have a really good night. We will get there, promise...

see you real soon x

Thanks Mo,looking forward to catching up with you two soon,tell Mick i've not forgotten about the money :yes: .Have a good weekend where ever you're going,,,KEV. :yes:

Have a great night lads , I'm sure it will be, sorry we can't make this one or next month but we will be back in October.

See you then if not before

Paul & Sue :thumbup:

Look forward to seeing you in October,should have some "new" goodies for you,,,Kev. :ohmy::lol: