Cavaliers On Decca, "sunrise"?

Guest Juddy

Guest Juddy

Has anybody ever heard of this? "Sunrise," by 'The Cavaliers' on Decca, allegedly never issued / promo only, and a very SMALL number of promos at that.

Singers included Chuck Corby (Soul Communicators) on lead and Bo Wagner of the Vogues; session band included George Benson on guitar.

No clue what it sounds like - apparently kind of doowop-to-soul crossover kinda thing.

Besides the memories of two guys involved, I can't find any reference to it - and their memories of it kinda contradict one another... :D

cheers,

juddy

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Has anybody ever heard of this? "Sunrise," by 'The Cavaliers' on Decca, allegedly never issued / promo only, and a very SMALL number of promos at that.

Singers included Chuck Corby (Soul Communicators) on lead and Bo Wagner of the Vogues; session band included George Benson on guitar.

No clue what it sounds like - apparently kind of doowop-to-soul crossover kinda thing.

Besides the memories of two guys involved, I can't find any reference to it - and their memories of it kinda contradict one another... :P

cheers,

juddy

I'm not sure if this is the same group who recorded for RCA (Pied Piper productions).

I recently purchased a disc on Gum by 'The Cavaliers' which hails from N.Mexico!....it's a doowop-to-soul crossover (maybe even regarded as an R&B dancer). Singer with this group is a Lloyd Nash.

I know there was another group from the Carolinas I think, blue eyed outfit called the Cavaliers.

post-4912-1185647775_thumb.jpg

Flip (which is the dancer) is 'I Wanna know'.

To answer your question though, sorry I can't help you. I can't find anything about my disc neither!

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!