• Replies 22
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Sorry Mike, problem still there!

Click on mp3 symbol, new window opens with player, but nothing plays! It's as if it doesn't download to the player.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Click on mp3 symbol, new window opens with player, but nothing plays! It's as if it doesn't download to the player. I know it's windows media player, which is supposedly having problems, mac-wise. can you put 'em up as quicktime?

Social source share

Click on mp3 symbol, new window opens with player, but nothing plays! It's as if it doesn't download to the player. I know it's windows media player, which is supposedly having problems, mac-wise. can you put 'em up as quicktime?

link

I've had the same problem with MP3's Mike, and I'm a PC user. Can save them to target and subsequently play from a folder, but can't open them direct from site.

Opens up WMP, but then nothing happens. Also seems to stall WMP for playing all MP3's I have saved to file thereafter, and I have to reset it as a default to get round the problem.

Edited by alison
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Yeah I'm having problems...no suprises there!

I'm using osx/explorer on a G4    Music files bomb out before they start

Have also had problems with other sites.

These days I just accept it!

Owning a mac is always going to be a trade off.

link

Only problem seems to be on here, altho' soundfiles included in posts work fine!

No probs with osX on KTFaudio site or soulclub jukebox, just drag the title to your desktop and in a minute or less its there! Look for a program (free) called audio hijack it converts realplayer files to mp3 for your iTunes. :D

Social source share

link

I've had the same problem with MP3's Mike, and I'm a PC user. Can save them to target and subsequently play from a folder, but can't open them direct from site.

Opens up WMP, but then nothing happens. Also seems to stall WMP for playing all MP3's I have saved to file thereafter, and I have to reset it as a default to get round the problem.

link

Yeah I'm having problems...no suprises there!

I'm using osx/explorer on a G4    Music files bomb out before they start

Have also had problems with other sites.

These days I just accept it!

Owning a mac is always going to be a trade off.

link

Only problem seems to be on here, altho' soundfiles included in posts work fine!

No probs with osX on KTFaudio site or soulclub jukebox, just drag the title to your desktop and in a minute or less its there! Look for a program (free) called audio hijack it converts realplayer files to mp3 for your iTunes. :D

link

ta for replies, all extremely helpfull :D

mp3s in gallery

hopefully solved problem with mac and scripting better so pc doesnt have probs

but as always with this sorta crap - dont know till you tell us

(works ok this end on msie 6, with wma and firefox,with quicktime plug in)

boring stuff

problem with the setup for mac was that found out that mac version for windows media player only plays wma/wmv clips - so as was asking it to play mp3s it wouldnt work ...derrrr

set up now so should now open default browser mp3 player on macs??

not sure why/how it messes up your pc setup Alison, but have changed script to a more offical version , so hopefully it solved it ???

real audio, quicktime, wmv, wma's in gallery should all work ok

hopefully solved the problem with mp3 format in gallery, idea behind way it is setup is so that all sounds in all formats stream and avail to all

a mp3 format that is long enough to test the streaming but not too long is here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...cmd=si&img=2792

as always let us know if problems

trying to get this finally nailed down , so all feedback appreciated

ta

mike

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi Mike, Can now play the sounds! Quicktime opens in the page instead of WMP brilliant, well done fella! :no: Now if you could just fix it so I could download 'em to my desktop...... :lol:no.gif

Social source share

Hi Mike, Can now play the sounds! Quicktime opens in the page instead of WMP brilliant, well done fella! :wicked: Now if you could just fix it so I could download 'em to my desktop...... whistling.gif   :wicked:

link

To download the files to your desktop (or anywhere):

When they start playing, the right hand end of the Quicktime plug in bar should have a downward pointing triangle. Give it a few seconds and click on said triangle - a menu should come up including the option "Save As Quick Time Movie" - this will allow you to download the file, it will have the extention .mov tho', so you'll need to rename it to .mp3 if you want to import it into iTunes.

Hope this helps post-1819-1108240687.gif

Social source share

just when you thought...... :wicked:

what browser you using Chalkie as you once said using avant

way it should work is if browser msie and have win media player vers 7 it should play it via that

if using something else - it should play it with browsers default mp3 player

sounds like it is doing this with yours ??

as theres no reference to quicktime this end, so has to be coming from your end ??

still scratching me head on it all so bear with us, and hopefully get a 100% way

Social source share

just when you thought...... :wicked:

what browser you using Chalkie as you once said using avant

way it should work is if browser msie and have win media player vers 7 it should play it via that

if using something else - it should play it with browsers default mp3 player

sounds like it is doing this with yours ??

as theres no reference to quicktime this end, so has to be coming from your end ??

still scratching me head on it all so bear with us, and hopefully get a 100% way

link

Using firefox now Mike.

Social source share

dug a bit and one version of quicktime alternative had probs but says latest hasnt

link here

https://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickT...Alternative.htm

havent used this but as going by below seems usefull for firefox users

and maybe for msie as well - added it

QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages.

Download

As a bonus, Internet Explorer will play all QuickTime movies that are embedded in a webpage. You do need a media player that is capable of playing QuickTime files. The included Media Player Classic supports it and works very well. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.

Features of QuickTime Alternative 1.40 :

- Media Player Classic [version 6.4.8.2]

- QuickTime Codecs [version 6.5.2.10]

- QuickTime DirectShow filter

- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer

- QuickTime plugin for Opera/Mozilla/Netscape

- QuickTime Control Panel

- Extra plugins for QuickTime

Changes from QuickTime Alternative 1.39 to QuickTime Alternative 1.40 :

- Fixed problem with Ir50_qc.dll.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

To download the files to your desktop (or anywhere):

When they start playing, the right hand end of the Quicktime plug in bar should have a downward pointing triangle. Give it a few seconds and click on said triangle - a menu should come up including the option "Save As Quick Time Movie" - this will allow you to download the file, it will have the extention .mov tho', so you'll need to rename it to .mp3 if you want to import it into iTunes.

Hope this helps post-1819-1108240687.gif

link

Not really! Menu comes up but options to save are 'greyed out' ie not active!

Any suggestions???

Social source share

just wacked up a flash player instead of the generic player

so.....

if got windows media vers 7+ it play using that

if not the it plays using flash

having a look later at it all

main things after is streaming and avail to as many as possible (browsers/os/media players) with no hassle

will have to have a look at how that jet thing streams

Social source share

just wacked up a flash player instead of the generic player

so.....

if got windows media vers 7+ it play using that

if not the it  plays using flash

having a look later at it all

main things after is streaming and avail to as many as possible (browsers/os/media players) with no hassle

will  have to have a look at how that jet thing streams

link

Cheers Mike, is there an option to download? couldn't see one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!