Burnley All-niter

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Looks like I'm the first to recover from last nite! :lol:

Nice to be asked to play this great venue, enjoyed it a lot, even tho' it was the first spot since the 'fag ban' and rather hard when you're used to smoking about ten fags in a spot! :yes:  Great nite all round, hope I didn't let the side down, anyhow, here's what I played early doors!

Perfections-"So lonely"

Mighty Marvello's- "Talkin' bout ya baby"

Cam Cameron-"They say"

Cassadons-"Two sided love"

Disciples of soul-"That's the way love goes"

Spiedels-"Dream girl"

Red coats revue-"Keep on trying"

Uptights-"Shy guy"

Cynthia & Imaginations _"why were'nt you there"

Ruby -"Decieved"

Clara Hardy- "I dream of you"

Perfections-"I love you my love"

George Jay-"You say that you love me"

Nancy Butts-"I wanna hold your hand baby"

Meadow-"You don't know the pain"

Bad Weather INC-"I never knew"

Newsounds-"Betcha never thought about it"

Rumpus-"My love's gonna getcha"

Al Gardner-"Sweet baby"

Robert Walker-"Everythings allright"

Soulmasters-"I'll be waiting"

Capitols-"I've got to handle it"

Isonics-"Sugar"

Superiors-"I'd rather die"

General Assembly-"Sensitive mind"

Towanda Barnes-"You don't mean it"

Looking  forward to the next one, and the much anticipated "Smoking room!!" :D

• Replies 42
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Looks like I'm the first to recover from last nite! laugh.gif

Nice to be asked to play this great venue, enjoyed it a lot, even tho' it was the first spot since the 'fag ban' and rather hard when you're used to smoking about ten fags in a spot! :lol: Great nite all round, hope I didn't let the side down, anyhow, here's what I played early doors!

Perfections-"So lonely"

Cam Cameron-"They say"

Spiedels-"Dream girl"

Uptights-"Shy guy"

Ruby -"Decieved"

Al Gardner-"Sweet baby"

Isonics-"Sugar"

Looking forward to the next one, and the much anticipated "Smoking room!!" :yes:

a nice crossection of music there trev :D wished i was there.

Guest Trevski

Looking forward to the next one, and the much anticipated "Smoking room!!" :yes:

Where is the smoking room going to be?

Great set Trevski, enjoyed it very much, shame it wasnt busier early doors for you :D

Thought that would interest you!

Guest Paul Brennan

Looks like I'm the first to recover from last nite! laugh.gif

Nice to be asked to play this great venue, enjoyed it a lot, even tho' it was the first spot since the 'fag ban' and rather hard when you're used to smoking about ten fags in a spot! :lol: Great nite all round, hope I didn't let the side down, anyhow, here's what I played early doors!

Perfections-"So lonely"

Cam Cameron-"They say"

Spiedels-"Dream girl"

Uptights-"Shy guy"

Ruby -"Decieved"

Al Gardner-"Sweet baby"

Isonics-"Sugar"

Brilliant set mate, as I knew it would be. Sorry to have missed it , maybe next time :D

Paul

Guest Trevski

Brilliant set mate, as I knew it would be. Sorry to have missed it , maybe next time :D

Paul

Thanks bud, Missed you at the Wilton too fella, get yourself out soon yeah?

Guest gordon russell

RIGHT BEHIND YOU TREVSKI. great night ...soooooperb what awsome music.it takes us three hours to get there and worth every mile.you see why so many do tavel to this venue Nice to meet Essie brown from glouster...NICE TO SEE kev from the l-district...we all just thought even though we had a three hour drive back and some recovery time this place is a must for upfront banging 6;ts.....a big thanks to the BURNLEY crowd fer av'in us....oh and don't let me forget the mighty KITCH.....HENRY C , SANDY GOLDEN and many more top quality tunage.....YOU are the MAN :D:yes::lol:biggrin.gif:D

Would be good to have the other Guest DJ's playlists too pleeeez Phil.. :D

As usual - Top quality night - for me personally not a bad record played, and as usual always something new to titilate the ears....... top marks to all the DJ's - and of course Top of the Class man - Phil for running such a great venue...

Legs still like jelly after all the dancing - despite leaving early... roll on the next one!!

Thanks guys & gals

heres my playlist

Selectives / 1581 Rhythm Street

Sylvia St Claire / Just Love me

Rose St John & Wonderettes / I know the meaning of love

Sammy Ambrose / Welcome to Dreamsville

Dee Dee Barnes / Do what you wanna do

Pets / I say yeah

Betty Lavette / One thin dime

Liberty Bells / Shing a ling time

Doris Smith / No good guy

Gladys Tyler / A little bitty girl

Little Gigi / I Volunteer

Soul City / Who do you think you are

Linda Jones / You cant take it

Oreientals / Soul aint you thrilled

Rose Brooks / Im Moanin

Persionettes / Run Run

Carol Frederick / I couldnt care less

Embers / First time

Lena & Deltanettes / Cant turn around baby

Tiaras / Loves made a connection

Tammi Terrell / All I do

Bobbie Smith / You know i'll be around

Suzi Wallis / Tell Him

Sparkles / Try Love

Jimmy Jones / Depend on you

Edited by soul45s
Guest Johnny Mack

Lena and the Deltanettes - Great record - I've bid and lost on the last three of these on EBay -will get one eventually !

Paul, the smoking room will be through the fire doors at the left hand side of the stage, down some stairs. We are hoping to install an extractor in the window, and have some seating, tables, ash trays etc.......probably end up with more folk down there than in the maim room. :P

Paul, the smoking room will be through the fire doors at the left hand side of the stage, down some stairs. We are hoping to install an extractor in the window, and have some seating, tables, ash trays etc.......probably end up with more folk down there than in the maim room. :P

better still stop smoking think of all the money you will save,more to spend on records :lol:

Have to say... really enjoyed Friday night... loads of laughs... great company... and the music wasn't bad either!

Was great to see Julia again after so long... top lass... and such a buzz seeing her on the dancefloor. :P

Some really great music played throughout the night...

Records that stood out for me... Parliaments - My Rainy Day - Cabel... Sandy Golden - You are my everything - Masterpiece... and another that Kitch played a few records before Sandy Golden... never heard it before... female vocal... cross over type thing... was ace!

Also Chico Lamarr... does it for me everytime... fantastic tune.

So... big thanks to 'Papa Phil' and everyone for a great nite... t'was fun! :lol:

Oh.. and it was nice to finally meet Spot... looking forward to reading another one of your mighty fine write ups fella! :D

As promised we "Goolies" finally found ourselves on the "Final frontier that is Burnley", after leaving the "Hallowed ground" of Yorkshire ( Drax to be exact)& heading for the hills & faraway at 10.30pm, we touched down (After a minor detour, due to my co-pilots, Neil's incompetence, Ace pilots don't get lost) in the nether regions of "The Falcon" about 12:15am (Not bad for a pensioner with a following wind) I parked the car in a carpark outside what appeared to be a typical western type saloon that is featured in every John Wayne movie with the balconies filled with the drunken hordes, glad to say our destination was not here but up a slight incline & through a side door, here I heard the strangled strains of "Karaoke"!! "My God" not only are we expected to dance but we've got to sing our own bloody Northern tunes as well!!! WRONG, the "Kestrel Suite" is upstairs thankfully, well you've not heard mine or Gail's singing voices! (We couldn't tow a tune with a tractor) Ouch!! :yes:

£10 each gains you entry to a nice rectangular room with toilets at entrance (Very important for the ladies.) an "L" shaped bar on right, on left the "Vinyl Vultures" tables ably patroled by Dave Rivers & Kit, between these seating runs up to the dancefloor & seating down either side & topped off with a large stage at the end. Nice to see a few friendly faces there ( well they were smiling, either that or it was trapped wind??) including; Karl & Kate, both Steph's, Dan & Linda, Doug, Dean Anderson, Roger, Col & Shirley, Mike Cog & arriving fashionably late Flanny & Deb's. Also nice to cross paths with"Jumpin Joan" & exchange verbal nicety's with Nita. To you all I say "Thank You" for your company & listening to my verbal diarrhoea for hours. :wicked::yes:

Before the rest here's a bit of outside excitement, my mate Stan & I went outside to ring his Sis to say he won't be home till morning, "so don't wait up". Outside "Mr Bojangles, nightclub & bar" next door, a band of Burnley's best reprobates had been having a set to & the narrow street was awash with Cop vans, a mobile cctv van & what appeared to be the whole of Burnleys under 21 police persons (pc) , at this point I saw Flanny & Deb round the corner & the initial look & double take on Flanny's face was priceless, no they'd not caught up with you mate. :thumbsup:

Enough excitement for one night! To the music & Dj's, I expected a very R&B based playlist but was very, very pleasantly suprised with an array of quality 60's Old fashion Northern tunes but what do I know about Northern Karl? Nothing, absolutely nothing m8. Missed Trevski's set but the playlist looks very good & always is, Stu (?), Phil & Paul all did top notch sets, Karl "For dancers only" Heard & Cliff Camfield were excellent but highlight for me was Kitch who just blew me away & had me glued to the dancefloor "Doing my thing" thanks to tunes like; Parliaments & Sandy Golden plus other gems. king.gif

All to soon it was 6am & time to round up my flock (Neil, Wendy & Stan, not forgetting Gail, my lovely wife) & high tail it back to "God's Country". So a BIG "ta very much" for a great evening, in a great little venue, with great people, Phil. And yes we shall return, hopefully mob handed next time as I've already "Start (ed) spreading the news, I'm leaving today,I've got to be a part of it ......" shout.gif

So till our next Soul Adventure, Take care & be safe,

Spot. :lol:

Edited by spot

Before the rest here's a bit of outside excitement, my mate Stan & I went outside to ring his Sis to say he won't be home till morning, "so don't wait up". Outside "Mr Bojangles, nightclub & bar" next door, a band of Burnley's best reprobates had been having a set to & the narrow street was awash with Cop vans, a mobile cctv van & what appeared to be the whole of Burnleys under 21 police persons (pc) , at this point I saw Flanny & Deb round the corner & the initial look & double take on Flanny's face was priceless, no they'd not caught up with you mate. :thumbsup:

This is why we're arranging a smoking room for next time.....The Kestrel Suite is an oasis in a land of reprobates and piss heads. A different world Spot, and by the time we finnish at 6am. They have miraculously disappeared. Thank God......Hope it didn't spoil your night.

Phil.

Another night of top quality soul last night, got there early to hear Trevski and was worth the rush, the early set is not easy but you had the dancers on the floor, thanks.

Great to be with our friends from the north east again, Neil, Angie, Tony and the birthday girl Nikki. Big thanks to Paul Harris for baking a fantastic cake for her...with the 'special' ingredient :lol: !! Hope someone has some photos to show. Missed my dancin partner, Jean....had to make do wi Geoff but he cant take the pace and makes excuses to leave the floor :yes: ....did i get that drink you offered ?? Also missed Rosemary who was poorly and hope lil Kev who had to leave early is better now...did you over indulge wacko.gif ?? - Janette I have your car boot box, hope it wasnt for today!

Nice to see Tony and friends from Northampton, hope the ladies enjoyed their first taste of Burnley...will you stop leading Kev astray though Tony, he needs no encouragement from the likes of you :wicked:

Good to have Stu Bennet back on the decks palying his usual uptempo tunes, kept me on the fllor for the full hour. Phil, what was the request you asked for and then strutted your stuff by me on the dancefloor, I thought at one point you were patting your head and rubbing your tummy!! :yes: Great moves!! Your set was also tops, kept the floor busy at the end of the night, just what we like :thumbsup:

All in all another night of fantastic soul, with good company, Cant wait for the next one...who have you got lined up to treat us to? k/w

Guest Neil Taylor

ONCE AGAIN WE ALL HAD A FANTASTIC NIGHT OUT AT THE KESTRAL SUITE.EVERY TIME WE COME AWAY WE ALL SAY THAT WAS THE BEST ONE,SIMPLY THIS IS THE BEST ALL NIGHTER IN ENGLAND FOR UPTEMPO 6TS SOUL MUSIC AT THE MOMENT.IF YOU WANT TO HEAR NEW STUFF MIXED WITH THINGS YOU KNOW,THIS IS IT.

AGAIN LOOKING FOREWARD TO THE NEXT ONE,DONT KNOW WHO`S DJING,BUT I KNOW IT`LL BE ANOTHER CRACKING NIGHT.

NEIL.

Phil it will take more than a few "Daft Disco Dancing Demic's" who decide to start"Happy Slapping" :huh: each other for their jollies to spoil my night & as you so rightly point out "The Kestrel Suite was an Oasis of calm & tranquility". cool.gif:(

Spot. :P

As promised we "Goolies" finally found ourselves on the "Final frontier that is Burnley", after leaving the "Hallowed ground" of Yorkshire ( Drax to be exact)& heading for the hills & faraway at 10.30pm, we touched down (After a minor detour, due to my co-pilots, Neil's incompetence, Ace pilots don't get lost) in the nether regions of "The Falcon" about 12:15am (Not bad for a pensioner with a following wind) I parked the car in a carpark outside what appeared to be a typical western type saloon that is featured in every John Wayne movie with the balconies filled with the drunken hordes, glad to say our destination was not here but up a slight incline & through a side door, here I heard the strangled strains of "Karaoke"!! "My God" not only are we expected to dance but we've got to sing our own bloody Northern tunes as well!!! WRONG, the "Kestrel Suite" is upstairs thankfully, well you've not heard mine or Gail's singing voices! (We couldn't tow a tune with a tractor) Ouch!! :D

£10 each gains you entry to a nice rectangular room with toilets at entrance (Very important for the ladies.) an "L" shaped bar on right, on left the "Vinyl Vultures" tables ably patroled by Dave Rivers & Kit, between these seating runs up to the dancefloor & seating down either side & topped off with a large stage at the end. Nice to see a few friendly faces there ( well they were smiling, either that or it was trapped wind??) including; Karl & Kate, both Steph's, Dan & Linda, Doug, Dean Anderson, Roger, Col & Shirley, Mike Cog & arriving fashionably late Flanny & Deb's. Also nice to cross paths with"Jumpin Joan" & exchange verbal nicety's with Nita. To you all I say "Thank You" for your company & listening to my verbal diarrhoea for hours. :P:wave:

Before the rest here's a bit of outside excitement, my mate Stan & I went outside to ring his Sis to say he won't be home till morning, "so don't wait up". Outside "Mr Bojangles, nightclub & bar" next door, a band of Burnley's best reprobates had been having a set to & the narrow street was awash with Cop vans, a mobile cctv van & what appeared to be the whole of Burnleys under 21 police persons (pc) , at this point I saw Flanny & Deb round the corner & the initial look & double take on Flanny's face was priceless, no they'd not caught up with you mate. :huh:

Enough excitement for one night! To the music & Dj's, I expected a very R&B based playlist but was very, very pleasantly suprised with an array of quality 60's Old fashion Northern tunes but what do I know about Northern Karl? Nothing, absolutely nothing m8. Missed Trevski's set but the playlist looks very good & always is, Stu (?), Phil & Paul all did top notch sets, Karl "For dancers only" Heard & Cliff Camfield were excellent but highlight for me was Kitch who just blew me away & had me glued to the dancefloor "Doing my thing" thanks to tunes like; Parliaments & Sandy Golden plus other gems. king.gif

All to soon it was 6am & time to round up my flock (Neil, Wendy & Stan, not forgetting Gail, my lovely wife) & high tail it back to "God's Country". So a BIG "ta very much" for a great evening, in a great little venue, with great people, Phil. And yes we shall return, hopefully mob handed next time as I've already "Start (ed) spreading the news, I'm leaving today,I've got to be a part of it ......" shout.gif

So till our next Soul Adventure, Take care & be safe,

Spot. :D

Glad you and Gail were well impressed mate!

Tooooooold you !!Ta for email tune :D

Cyas at the Boat :(

Be good Mike :D

Phil, what was the request you asked for and then strutted your stuff by me on the dancefloor

That would be LEE McKINNEY & the MAGNETICS - I'LL KEEP HOLDING ON - SABLE

Many thanks to Kitch for playing that for me. BLOODY AWESOME TUNE!!

Phil

There were a couple of tracks before the end of Kitch's set that just blew me away... any chance you can get a playlist from him please.... Lynne is driving me mad going on about that Ola...... something or other..... female mid-tempo thing....... about third from the end of his set...... unsure.gif that she has not stopped raving about.... and typically I went to see what it was and forgot by the time I got home.... :D Be a star and see if u can get a list... pleeeezzz!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by NiteOwl

Hope you had a good nite - sadly didn't hear his set but - Ola V Harper - I wanna weep - might be the one Lynne liked - remember it being played at LL thought it was either Cliffe or Kitch that played it...

Karen

We sure did thank... shame you could not make it... but a bit far from the smoke "dawnn Sawf" I guess .. lol

Not Not Ola V Harper - got one of those... It will come to me what it was... but would really reeeeeleee like Kitch's playlist.... :rolleyes:

Any possibilities of the playlists as yet undisclosed by the other DJ's on the night unsure.gif ? As this is only one of a few venues that really "refreshes the parts" musically for me.......and albeit I thought I knew a little bit about our music, I enthuse much more about that I know little about, and after another superb musical treat by what I must say was a very astute DJ line up (as always).....I'd welcome further enlightenment.....Respect wilxy :rolleyes:

Phil

There were a couple of tracks before the end of Kitch's set that just blew me away... any chance you can get a playlist from him please.... Lynne is driving me mad going on about that Ola...... something or other..... female mid-tempo thing....... about third from the end of his set...... :wub: that she has not stopped raving about.... and typically I went to see what it was and forgot by the time I got home.... :wub: Be a star and see if u can get a list... pleeeezzz!!! :huh:

I thought he played EARNESTINE EADY - LET'S TALK IT OVER - PHIL LA OF SOUL about three from the end of his spot. Absolutely packed the floor. I know he did an extra 15 mins for me, and played MELLO SOULS, EARNESTINE EADY and LEE McKINNEY as his last track. I have asked him for his playlist, but he is a busy man.....

Another night of top quality soul last night, got there early to hear Trevski and was worth the rush, the early set is not easy but you had the dancers on the floor, thanks.

Great to be with our friends from the north east again, Neil, Angie, Tony and the birthday girl Nikki. Big thanks to Paul Harris for baking a fantastic cake for her...with the 'special' ingredient :lol: !! Hope someone has some photos to show. Missed my dancin partner, Jean....had to make do wi Geoff but he cant take the pace and makes excuses to leave the floor biggrin.gif ....did i get that drink you offered ?? Also missed Rosemary who was poorly and hope lil Kev who had to leave early is better now...did you over indulge wacko.gif ?? - Janette I have your car boot box, hope it wasnt for today!

Nice to see Tony and friends from Northampton, hope the ladies enjoyed their first taste of Burnley...will you stop leading Kev astray though Tony, he needs no encouragement from the likes of you :(

Good to have Stu Bennet back on the decks palying his usual uptempo tunes, kept me on the fllor for the full hour. Phil, what was the request you asked for and then strutted your stuff by me on the dancefloor, I thought at one point you were patting your head and rubbing your tummy!! :( Great moves!! Your set was also tops, kept the floor busy at the end of the night, just what we like :lol:

All in all another night of fantastic soul, with good company, Cant wait for the next one...who have you got lined up to treat us to? k/w

I have to say that spending my birthday at Burnley on Friday was one of the best birthdays ever. I would like to say a great big thankyou to the special friends that made it possible, Ang 'n'Neil, Kev 'n' Wendy Geoff and Jean who unfortunately couldn't make it. Thanks to Bob 'n' lisa for the lovely gift and an extra special thanks to Paul who made me a lovely cake, I hope there wasn't too much special topping as I gave a big slice to my mother in law. As always Great night, great music and Fantastic company cheers xxx

First time at Burnley and will be back again, music was great! Caught half of Trevski's set when i arrived which i thought was rather great!! and from then i couldnt stop dancing! Sorry to the lady who i accidently wacked with my heel :( even i felt it...great to see Paul, Joan, Karl and meet a few new people who i've forgotten all your names!...Phil cheers for organising a top night and makin us feel so welcome!....

See u all at the next one...

L :(

Guest Neil Taylor

I have to say that spending my birthday at Burnley on Friday was one of the best birthdays ever. I would like to say a great big thankyou to the special friends that made it possible, Ang 'n'Neil, Kev 'n' Wendy Geoff and Jean who unfortunately couldn't make it. Thanks to Bob 'n' lisa for the lovely gift and an extra special thanks to Paul who made me a lovely cake, I hope there wasn't too much special topping as I gave a big slice to my mother in law. As always Great night, great music and Fantastic company cheers xxx

YOUR WELCOME,BUT DONT EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

First time at Burnley and will be back again, music was great! Caught half of Trevski's set when i arrived which i thought was rather great!! and from then i couldnt stop dancing! Sorry to the lady who i accidently wacked with my heel :huh: even i felt it...great to see Paul, Joan, Karl and meet a few new people who i've forgotten all your names!...Phil cheers for organising a top night and makin us feel so welcome!....

L :thumbup:

Was a real pleasure to meet you and your lovely lady. I was very impressed with your dancing. I love watching great dancers, and we were lucky enough to have some of the best around at Burnley on Friday......See you soon I hope. :huh:

Phil.

First time at Burnley and will be back again, music was great! Caught half of Trevski's set when i arrived which i thought was rather great!! and from then i couldnt stop dancing! Sorry to the lady who i accidently wacked with my heel :ohmy: even i felt it...great to see Paul, Joan, Karl and meet a few new people who i've forgotten all your names!...Phil cheers for organising a top night and makin us feel so welcome!....

L :rolleyes:

still got the scars on my foot from friday,but great night, loved watching you dance so i forgive you . great music all night and am looking forward to the next one,

linda

Paul, the smoking room will be through the fire doors at the left hand side of the stage, down some stairs. We are hoping to install an extractor in the window, and have some seating, tables, ash trays etc.......probably end up with more folk down there than in the maim room. :rolleyes:

What about re-introducing Spitoons-- I believe a number of Georgin/Victorian ones are available at a modest price

The idea was to put a pot in the middle otf the floor for the tobacco consumers to gob into

What about re-introducing Spitoons-- I believe a number of Georgin/Victorian ones are available at a modest price

The idea was to put a pot in the middle otf the floor for the tobacco consumers to gob into

I think that was for chewing tobacco, rather than smoking the stuff John. :thumbsup: Bet you can buy thousands of cheap ashtrays now eh? :sweatingbullets: