• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

on PALOS.

Anyone got a copy they're looking to sell?

PM please.

Cheers :P

Used to have a copy a few years back!! It actually sounds as if it was recorded in a bath tub, and was cut off center. Brilliant track in my honest opinion mate, hope you get one soon.

Social source share

Guest clanger v2

Why are all your wants in my sales box. This is getting spooky. :lol:

Warren

Was that playbox or sales box :wicked:

Actually.....this one isn't for me.....I said I would put a post up for a friend.

.......although it is a great tune.....I might just keep it for myself if one comes up :thumbsup:

Social source share

You may already have/know it, but theres a tidy thing by Fenton Robinson on this label called 'I Believe' thats semi tough (but not expensive) and is r&b to nut walls to, its excellent......(and better than 'Empty Bottles' imho)

And I have one in my sales box at something like £25...

I'll be taking my boxes down to H.A.N in September.

Social source share

£150 tops I.M.O. for the Little Oscar (John Manships books it at £250)

£30 for the Fenton Robinson (JM @ £50)

I`ll have a LO,for that to sell on :D £150 that is :P

Social source share

Ken,

Contact ebay seller skitskatskooter - he had one in his shop in Johnstown for $300 (i turned him down as there wasn't room for profit at that price), can't imagine anyone will have bought it....

Cheers.

Social source share

I'd say this was about right for a decent copy.

Got mine off Mark Bicknell for about £100 if I remember correctly.

You did Mace, then i got JM new book and thought bugger books at £250.00 but as we discussed when doing the deal £100.00 was about right for both of us, you got the record i was happy it went to a mate job done, not a bad price for a record i picked up in Chicago years ago for a couple of Bucks which pretty much sat on one of the shelves for years...lol sorry just trying to justify the sale and losing out on £150.00 lol only joking, it might book at £250.00 but as JM and others have stated these price guides are simply that a guide, swings and slides and all that....Mace be affraid be very affraid...lol I used the money from selling this to Mace to secure a demo of The Continental Showstoppers - 'I'm Not Too Young' which is a record I play and the Little Oscar I did not, so like i say swings and slides.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

You did Mace, then i got JM new book and thought bugger books at £250.00 but as we discussed when doing the deal £100.00 was about right for both of us, you got the record i was happy it went to a mate job done, not a bad price for a record i picked up in Chicago years ago for a couple of Bucks which pretty much sat on one of the shelves for years...lol sorry just trying to justify the sale and losing out on £150.00 lol only joking, it might book at £250.00 but as JM and others have stated these price guides are simply that a guide, swings and slides and all that....Mace be affraid be very affraid...lol I used the money from selling this to Mace to secure a demo of The Continental Showstoppers - 'I'm Not Too Young' which is a record I play and the Little Oscar I did not, so like i say swings and slides.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

To be honest Mark, (and as Joe said), £250 value is way too high IMO.

Proof of pudding is that your Little Oscar is still in my collection (as is your Nat Hall), at a price we were both happy with.....if I had sold the bugger for £200 you would certainly be justified in worrying about losing any coin on it.

I definately wasn't willing to pay any higher, and I bet a pound to a penny you had no other higher offers for it when you listed it for sale on here.

In which case, perhaps I paid too much? :lol:

A record is only worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay at the end of the day.

Has anyone actually bought or sold Little Oscar above the £150 mark?

I personally doubt it, but I have been wrong before....

Only the once mind...... laugh.gif

Edited by Mace
Social source share

To be honest Mark, (and as Joe said), £250 value is way too high IMO.

Proof of pudding is that your Little Oscar is still in my collection (as is your Nat Hall), at a price we were both happy with.....if I had sold the bugger for £200 you would certainly be justified in worrying about losing any coin on it.

I definately wasn't willing to pay any higher, and I bet a pound to a penny you had no other higher offers for it when you listed it for sale on here.

In which case, perhaps I paid too much? :lol:

A record is only worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay at the end of the day.

Has anyone actually bought or sold Little Oscar above the £150 mark?

I personally doubt it, but I have been wrong before....

Only the once mind...... laugh.gif

Don't think i listed it on here mate private sale between two mates lol, you was happy i was happy as i said job done, not worried about losing any coin on it mate as i made about £98.00 on it lol record collecting don't you just love it!!!! Once you sell a record that's it gone move on to the next one or deal, pay your money and take a chance, like you said Mace we are always happy when we do a deal so no problem from this end....just give me the fifty quid when you sell it....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Don't think i listed it on here mate private sale between two mates lol, you was happy i was happy as i said job done, not worried about losing any coin on it mate as i made about £98.00 on it lol record collecting don't you just love it!!!! Once you sell a record that's it gone move on to the next one or deal, pay your money and take a chance, like you said Mace we are always happy when we do a deal so no problem from this end....just give me the fifty pence when you sell it....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi mate - thought you posted it up on here....probably to ask value and we did deal through I.M?

Anyway, as you requested, you can have an extra 50 pence if I ever decide to sell it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share