• Replies 23
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

Just got back home and have to say what a bloody great night that was,

love the new venue its perfect and the atmosphere was top notch too.

great tunes all night played by all including me :P

off to bed now as im tired :lol:

Morning all, Glad the night went well for you. Look forward to seeing the dj`s play list.Sorry i couldn`t make this one, I had my boy wanting to stay the weekend so grabbed the oppertunity as it dont happen often. Let me know your future dates and im sure i can get down to bromley for what looks like a great night out.Well done all involved :P including bearsy :lol:

great tunes all night played by all including me :P

Correct on both counts. Fantastic night for atmosphere (how often do you get the whole crowd singing on top of their voices to tunes) and music (something there for everyone) - playlists please. Thought the venue was great too. All in all a top night and I managed to pick up one of my longest standing wants. Yahoooooooooo!!!! Well done Ciara and the 'Ians' - nice to see when the hard work pays off, innit.

Warren

Guest Bearsy

here you go for my plays

in orderish

9pm -9.30pm

The Saints - ive been taken for a ride

Bobby Joy - sweet devil you

Peggy Gaines - when the boy that you love

Sandy Wynns - love belongs to eveyone

Brenda & the Tabulations - thats in the past

Detroit Spinners - i`ll always love you

Garland Greene - Girl i love you

Electrifying cashmeres - What does it take

Diane Ducane - Better late than never

Azie Mortimer - you cant take it away

De Vons - someone to treat me

Constellations - I didnt know how to

Linda Jones - I just cant live my life

11.30pm - 12.00am

Ruby Andrews - Just loving you

Barbara Lynn - im a good woman

The Tripps - Give it back

JJ Daniels - Mr Lonesome

the Artistics - Hope we have

Charles Farren - you changed my whole life around

Danny Harrison - Girl girl girl

The Inverts - look out love

Ken Williams - Come back

The Charades - Key to my happiness

Constellations - I dont know about you

Delegates of soul - I`ll come running back

Will Collins & Wil Power - Anything i can do

Gladys Knight - No one could love you more

A big thanks to the 2 Ians & Ciara for inviting me along and letting me play some tunes,

Bearsy

:thumbsup: Excellent night!!

First thoughts were it was an unusual venue - not your normal for a soul nite. But it worked! What a great atmosphere.

Great sets from all the DJ's (not sure that Bearsy wasn't taking advantage of the in-house CD decks :wicked: )

Top set forme was Gene's first, hard to call though - it was that good a night.

Well done Ciara and the 2 Ian's :lol:

-Kevin

Guest ciara

Well what can we say. What an brilliant nite with great tunes played by all the DJ's (and that includes Bearsy :( ). Would like to thank all the DJs - Gene, Rob & Bearsy for gracing the decks last nite. Would also like to say a special thankyou to the couple that came up from Bournemouth (Sean and sorry I can't remember the lady's name) and also to the couple that were from Cardiff. Another thanks to the Medway lot that travelled and also to the Bromley crew. Hope you all had a good nite and enjoyed the CD.

Ciara & Little! Ian

Great to see you all last night, and well done to the Ians and Ciara for an excellent venue! Here are my playlists from the night:

9.30 - 10.00pm

ART BENTON: Sweet Loving (Chris)

MARVIN L. SIMS: Now I'm In Love With You (Mellow)

PHYLLIS BROWN: Oh! Baby (Rainbo)

THE MILLER SISTERS: Your Love (GMC)

BARBARA LYNN: People Gonna Talk (Jamie)

THE NEPTUNES: Girl That's An Awful Thing To Say (Gem)

LOU ROBERTS & THE MARKS: You Fooled Me (MGM)

CLIFF NOBLES: My Love Is Gettting Stronger (Atlantic)

THE MAGNIFICENTS: My Heart Is Calling (Dee Gee)

YVONNE GOMEZ: My Man A Go Go (Hawaii)

THE FABULOUS APOLLOS: Some Good In Everything Bad (Valtone)

11.00 - 11.30pm

LUTHER INGRAM ORCH: Exus Trek (HIB)

DRAKE & THE ENSOLIDS: Please Leave Me (Alteen)

WILSON PICKETT: Let Me Be Your Boy (Verve)

DAVID & RUBEN: (I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me (Rampart)

PATTY & THE EMBLEMS: Mixed Up Shook Up Girl (UK Stateside)

THE LOST SOUL: A Secret Of Mine (Raven)

THE INTENTIONS: I'm Losin' Your Love (Up Tight)

THE MAR-J's: Got To Find A Way Out (Magic Touch)

MACK RICE: Baby I'm Coming Home (Lu Pine)

SIDNEY BARNES: You'll Always Be In Style (Red Bird)

BARBARA MERCER: Call On Me (Sidra)

Edited by Gene-R
Guest ciara

Had a really busy day. Hosptal visits, Imperial War Museum, and shopping (Regent's Street) will post play list later.

Little! Ian

Guest mandyjane

Well what can we say. What an brilliant nite with great tunes played by all the DJ's (and that includes Bearsy :P ). Would like to thank all the DJs - Gene, Rob & Bearsy for gracing the decks last nite. Would also like to say a special thankyou to the couple that came up from Bournemouth (Sean and sorry I can't remember the lady's name) and also to the couple that were from Cardiff. Another thanks to the Medway lot that travelled and also to the Bromley crew. Hope you all had a good nite and enjoyed the CD.

Ciara & Little! Ian

Im the lady from Bournemouth my names Mandy , yes we had a great evening thanks for making us welcome music was brill thanks again Mandy :huh:

Guest Ollie Lailey

Good night. Great records, it was just a bit odd being at a soul night only a £5 cab ride away.

There was some rather amusing dancing going on from some of the tourists that were let in towards the end, lots of finger pointing and pelvic thrusting. they seemed to be having a good time though.

Guest kent soul club

Glad the night went well. Gutted we couldn't make it, but had to take the kids to scout family camp (and that wasn't fun!)

Errrmmm...got any spare cd's? :rolleyes:

See ya soon.

Martin & Toni.

Edited by kent soul club
Guest ciara

:rolleyes: Excellent night!!

First thoughts were it was an unusual venue - not your normal for a soul nite. But it worked! What a great atmosphere.

Great sets from all the DJ's (not sure that Bearsy wasn't taking advantage of the in-house CD decks :lol: )

Top set forme was Gene's first, hard to call though - it was that good a night.

Well done Ciara and the 2 Ian's :lol:

-Kevin

kevin i only visited the venue that after noon. and my first thought was what agreat r&b club/mod the sound system got a bit of gettin used too but once we changed the needles all was fine. glad you enjoyed the nite. bearsy was on top form not sure about the cd decks? they looked very complicated! I couldn't fault the music very pleased :D

Little Ian!

Guest ciara

Glad the night went well. Gutted we couldn't make it, but had to take the kids to scout family camp (and that wasn't fun!)

Errrmmm...got any spare cd's? :rolleyes:

See ya soon.

Martin & Toni.

mr mcgoo. no problem :D lets hope this one works :lol: dib dib dib did you get a badge? shouldn't you have taken the girls to the guides?

Little Ian :lol:

Guest Bearsy

mr mcgoo. no problem :D lets hope this one works :lol: dib dib dib did you get a badge? shouldn't you have taken the girls to the guides?

Little Ian :lol:

Ian it was the other way around, the girls took him to scouts, i heard him telling Toni to get her hands off his little woggle :rolleyes:

honestly :lol::D

Guest ciara

Ian it was the other way around, the girls took him to scouts, i heard him telling Toni to get her hands off his little woggle :(

honestly :(:(

:P:lol::P DIB DIB

HAS MARTIN MENTIONED A CERTAIN 5-0 FREINDLY :D:(

Guest Bearsy

No but I will! Come on you Addicks!

:(:huh::)

Beating 8 trialists and a mountain goat a yamyam and a deep sea fisherman aint much to gloat about,

lets just go back and remember the last competive match we played against each other, you know the games that actually count :ohmy:

FA cup was it when high flying Chorlton was in the Premiership, can you remember back that far or do you need reminding :yes::D

Up the Gills (when it really matters) :rolleyes:

ps,

I bloody hate Chorlton :P

:(:huh::)

Beating 8 trialists and a mountain goat a yamyam and a deep sea fisherman aint much to gloat about,

lets just go back and remember the last competive match we played against each other, you know the games that actually count :ohmy:

FA cup was it when high flying Chorlton was in the Premiership, can you remember back that far or do you need reminding :yes::D

Up the Gills (when it really matters) :rolleyes:

ps,

I bloody hate Chorlton :P

Well I quite like the Gills, been to Priestfield for quite a few non CAFC games. Yes I was there on that cold wet temporary seating 3v2 drubbing you gave us in the cup. Juat goes to show how much we missed the soon to be gone Scott Parker. We'd just beaten Chelski 4v2 and were 4th in the League too. It's been all downhill since then.

Guest Bearsy

Well I quite like the Gills, been to Priestfield for quite a few non CAFC games. Yes I was there on that cold wet temporary seating 3v2 drubbing you gave us in the cup. Juat goes to show how much we missed the soon to be gone Scott Parker. We'd just beaten Chelski 4v2 and were 4th in the League too. It's been all downhill since then.

Paul you do remember it well, saying that though Paul the Gills went down hill from there too and we ended up getting relegated the following season :( , we must avoid each othe rin future if either of us are doing ok :yes:

The thing i dont like about Chorlton is the bit about them being advertised in Kent as a Kent club :ohmy::rolleyes: Bloody londoners :D