Dusty On Philips Label

Dusty Springfield PHILIPS 40303

In The Middle Of Nowhere b/w Baby Don't You Know

came across this today at a 2nd hand vinyl store...

any info appreciated, thanks!

ps: pic sleeve has a bit of tearing at the top, but otherwise in fairly nice condition... fwiw.

Edited by vinyldisc
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ps: pic sleeve has a bit of tearing at the top, but otherwise in fairly nice condition... fwiw.

JM has it listed at £6, nice cheapie price for a great record :P

QoFx

Edited by chrissieo
Social source share

Also try Live It Up, Silly Silly Fool, Long After Tonight Is All Over and Whats It Gonna Be by Dusty :P None are expensive or rare

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Dusty_Sprin..._Silly_Fool.ram

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Dusty_Sprin...Is_All_Over.ram

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sounds/exists...T_S_IT_GONNA_BE

Also check out YouTube

>>> Silly, Silly Fool <<<

>>> Long After Tonight Is All Over <<<

>>> What's It Gonna Be <<<

While you are there look for the many Dusty Springfield, Motown Covers etc

Nice record to own especially with Picture Sleeve, makes it that bit more collectable.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Also worth checking out the "Dusty In New York" EP, if only for 'I Wanna Make You Happy".

In actual fact, ANY of her British EPs on Philips are worth picking up, and shouldn't cost a great deal either.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Also worth checking out the "Dusty In New York" EP, if only for 'I Wanna Make You Happy".

In actual fact, ANY of her British EPs on Philips are worth picking up, and shouldn't cost a great deal either.

Ive got 2 for sale if anyone`s interested

Dusty in New york [ p/s]

Dusty [ p/s] Both British Phillips EPs

Social source share

Dusty is absolutely brilliant and like Roger said she did plenty of really good Motown covers inc "Can I get a witness", the track that ticks all the boxes for me his incredible cover of Walter Jackson's "Welcome Home" it is truly awesome and reall y hard to choose between her a good old Walter.

As far as "I wanna make you happy" is one of the best beat ballads you will hear bar none , I played it 3 nights after her death (02:03:99) at The Sportsman Club in Macclesfield as a tribute to the great lady and it brought the house down, it still brings alump to my throat.

Garv has couple for sale I don't they will be expensive, snap it up you won't be disappointed it has another great uptempo track on it called "Live it up" and I don't think either are available on asingle just the EP.

RIP Dusty

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Another great track to listen out for is the 'b' side of "All cried out" which is a great track in it's own right but the 'b' side is called "I wish I'd never loved you" and is awesome, and if your lucky some copies come in apicture sleeve like mine.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

The two Dusty tracks I treasure are both Lp tracks:

"I can wait until I see my baby's face" & "I start counting"

Social source share

Then there's her Lambert/Potter-produced "Cameo" LP from 1974. Superb from beginning to end and worth its price for the version of Ashford/Simpson's "I Just Wanna Be There" alone. Other top tracks are "Breakin' Up A Happy Home", "Who Gets Your Love" and the fine version of Al Wilson's "Who Could Be Loving You". Superb album!!! :D

Social source share

Her 1970s UK reissue of "Whats I Gonna Be?" also has her bongo-riffic take of "Bring Him Back" (Sissie Houston).

Its only 45 release....

Go head on :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!