One For The Scots This

Rufus harley,bagpipe blues,atlantic,sd3001,seen this on the inside cover of W Picket album,anybody heard this?,or got it!,what a cover features rufus in kilt with bagpipes,anybody at soul-source got any or seen any other mad album covers,post em up i collect mad albums,and would like to know whats about?.yours backdoor-ken.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Rufus harley,bagpipe blues,atlantic,sd3001,seen this on the inside cover of W Picket album,anybody heard this?,or got it!,what a cover features rufus in kilt with bagpipes,anybody at soul-source got any or seen any other mad album covers,post em up i collect mad albums,and would like to know whats about?.yours backdoor-ken.

link

Oh I 've seen some mad covers in my charity shopping time - Most of my lps are in storage now - sO when i can get them I'll complie a top ten for you to peruse

:D

Social source share

Oh I 've seen some mad covers in my charity shopping time -  Most of my lps are in storage now  - sO when i can get them I'll complie a top ten for you to peruse

:D

link

Better get the old scanner going,you show me yours and i`ll show ya mine.backdoor-ken.

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

Hi Kenny

We had a copy of the Rufus Harley in the shop a few years back it's a jazz album with bagpipes on it !!

Even madder some bloke came in one day and bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Derek J

Social source share

Hi Kenny

We had a copy of the Rufus Harley in the shop a few years back it's a jazz album with bagpipes on it !!

Even madder some bloke came in one day and bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Derek J

link

Suprised you did not have it yourself,being a scott yourself,should have taped it though!,i`m even more curious now,we will have do something soon?.yours backdoor-ken.

Social source share

Suprised you did not have it yourself,being a scott yourself,should have taped it though!,i`m even more curious now,we will have do something soon?.yours backdoor-ken.

link

Yes we must meet up soon.

My favourite weird soul records are

INTRIGUES - SCOTCHMAN ROCK - YEW

and that record you picked up at yarmouth a few years back

3 MINUTES OF SILENCE which is exactly what it was who did you sell it to again?

Derek j

Social source share

3 MINUTES OF SILENCE    which is exactly what it was who did you sell it to again?

Derek j

link

£3-4 cant remember,S Hampsey the infamous dj who used do clifton hall,and still as far as i know dj`s yarmouth modern weekenders,i do miss them!,yours backdoor-ken

Social source share

3 MINUTES OF SILENCE    which is exactly what it was who did you sell it to again?

Derek j

link

Great novelty record Derek I told Pepsi he had to buy this as it was a great stomper!! Dave Molloy used to play this to me when I went down to see him, if I remember rightly the first line is "just got back from Scotchland" bizarre, must play it tonight.

Cheers

Jock

PS the other side is of course the fantastic In A Moment.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!