Soul Beat - Rushden - Sat 28th July, Mick H & Pete Burton

Great company, great music, top night. Great to meet SSers I have not met before, tabs & eddie great to finally meet you both.

QoFxx

Really enjoyed last night...........good start for the new venue Dave & Baz, looks like this one could grow into a great night with quality soul very much the theme for the night.... Looking forward to the next one.

Playlist for my Spot 9:30 to 10:30

Joe Matthews - She's My Beauty Queen - Thelma

Carletts - Lost Without Your Love - Capitol

Honey & The Bees - Dynamite Exploded - Arctic

Homer Banks - Sweetie Pie - Genie

Inspirations - Your Wish Is My Command - Midas

Phil Terrell - Love Has Passed Me By - Carnival

Tokays - Baby, Baby, Baby - Brute

Honey Bees - Let's Get Back Together - Garrison Demo

Matta Baby - Do The Pearl, Girl (Part II) - Penny

Barbara Jean & Lyrics - Why Weren't You There - Big Hit

Little Dooley - If Ever I Needed You - Ko Ko Demo

Joe Jama - My Life - Optimum

Monique - If You Love Me (Show Me) - Maurci

Falcons - Love Look In Her Eyes - Big Wheel

Cynthia & Imaginary 3 - That's What I Am (Without You) - Big Hit

Vondells - Hey Girl You've Changed - Airtown Custom

Soundmasters - Lonely, Lonely - Julet

Royal Jesters - Use Your Head - Jester

Robert Tanner - Sweet Memories - Megatone

Soul Set - Will You Ever Learn - Bi-Me

Joe Vandiver - You're Everything (They Said You'd Be) - Jade

Reatha Reese - Only Lies - Dot

Soul Communicators - Those Lonely Nights - Fee Bee

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling - Westbound Demo

Lost Soul - Secret Of Mine - Raven

:P

• Replies 47
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Really enjoyed last night...........good start for the new venue Dave & Baz, looks like this one could grow into a great night with quality soul very much the theme for the night.... Looking forward to the next one.

Playlist for my Spot 9:30 to 10:30

Joe Matthews - She's My Beauty Queen - Thelma

Carletts - Lost Without Your Love - Capitol

Honey & The Bees - Dynamite Exploded - Arctic

Homer Banks - Sweetie Pie - Genie

Inspirations - Your Wish Is My Command - Midas

Phil Terrell - Love Has Passed Me By - Carnival

Tokays - Baby, Baby, Baby - Brute

Honey Bees - Let's Get Back Together - Garrison Demo

Matta Baby - Do The Pearl, Girl (Part II) - Penny

Barbara Jean & Lyrics - Why Weren't You There - Big Hit

Little Dooley - If Ever I Needed You - Ko Ko Demo

Joe Jama - My Life - Optimum

Monique - If You Love Me (Show Me) - Maurci

Falcons - Love Look In Her Eyes - Big Wheel

Cynthia & Imaginary 3 - That's What I Am (Without You) - Big Hit

Vondells - Hey Girl You've Changed - Airtown Custom

Soundmasters - Lonely, Lonely - Julet

Royal Jesters - Use Your Head - Jester

Robert Tanner - Sweet Memories - Megatone

Soul Set - Will You Ever Learn - Bi-Me

Joe Vandiver - You're Everything (They Said You'd Be) - Jade

Reatha Reese - Only Lies - Dot

Soul Communicators - Those Lonely Nights - Fee Bee

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling - Westbound Demo

Lost Soul - Secret Of Mine - Raven

Thought you played a great set Pete , haven't heard Mata Baby sice the mid 70's .Nice venue as well ,Best Wishes ,Eddie

Thought you played a great set Pete , haven't heard Mata Baby sice the mid 70's .Nice venue as well ,Best Wishes ,Eddie

Thanks for that Eddie, it was nice to catch up with you again and we'll try and get over to Banbury on 1st September. Claire says we're going so I probably don't have any choice in the matter anyway !

Agree with all thats been said.

Smart venue, good music and great company.

Always good to meet friends and make new ones.

Great to finally meet Chrisseo QoF.

Hope this venue builds on the success of it's first night.

Best

Tabs

Agreed ,agreed :yes::yes:

Was a really good night, great to hear a few sounds dont usually hear played out too! Thanks for the air con too guys,...I felt a right berk going outside every 15 mins with an imaginary fag til it was sorted! (someone threatened to fine me £50 for the priveledge too, mentioning no names! :thumbsup::wicked: ).

Great to finally meet the REAL Eddie('s my name) Hubbard too! :lol: See you all at the next one!

Guest glyn-w

Enjoyed the nite, think everyone played good spots, Andy & Baz started it off, and it was good up tempo music, Mick-h as allways had some great sounds, mr Burton played a safe spot :wicked::lol: , think Dave filled the floor whith some great top tunes to, as did Tony...Maybe not to everones tast there, but me and Angie will be at the next one, lots of tunes that i hadent herd, but its good to hear new vinal thats making the grade...Thanks lads for a great night :thumbsup:

Big thanks to our two guest DJ's for the night Mr Burton and Mick, and to Tony all playing quality sets.

Most importantly to every one who came and made it a great kick off, sorry about the earlyer finnish than stated on the flyers but we didn't find out about it till after going to print.

Had a right hoot afterwards back at the Vanners and Jacks funky nighter, thanks to Mick, john, James T, mr Woolley the Vanners and Mr Horne for the laughs afterwards, sorry i departed a little earlyer than expected from the funk do :wicked:

We've had a chat this morning and felt the one we had planned in Sep is a little too soon, dont want to swamp the scene, so we'll be back in Feb next year with another quality line up.

Hope every one went away with hearing summing new to them and thinking YES..... thats a blinding record.

The mad last half hour only ended up with me and mick, Dave was too pissed! tony was in melt down from Burnley and Pete completely forgot :lol:

I'll try and throw a bit of a playlist together when i rummage through the box again.

Thanks again to every one that turned up :thumbsup:

Big thanks to our two guest DJ's for the night Mr Burton and Mick, and to Tony all playing quality sets.

Most importantly to every one who came and made it a great kick off, sorry about the earlyer finnish than stated on the flyers but we didn't find out about it till after going to print.

Had a right hoot afterwards back at the Vanners and Jacks funky nighter, thanks to Mick, john, James T, mr Woolley the Vanners and Mr Horne for the laughs afterwards, sorry i departed a little earlyer than expected from the funk do :wicked:

We've had a chat this morning and felt the one we had planned in Sep is a little too soon, dont want to swamp the scene, so we'll be back in Feb next year with another quality line up.

Hope every one went away with hearing summing new to them and thinking YES..... thats a blinding record.

The mad last half hour only ended up with me and mick, Dave was too pissed! tony was in melt down from Burnley and Pete completely forgot :lol:

I'll try and throw a bit of a playlist together when i rummage through the box again.

Thanks again to every one that turned up :thumbsup:

What a night phew! A Big thanks to all for travelling and attending the do. Really pleased everyone enjoyed it. Thanks to Mick H, Tony P, Pete Burton, Andy & Baz. Heard some great tunes that I hadnt heard before but really enjoyed.

Thanks to Jackie Allsorts for a great time at Full Fat N Funky at Melchbourne. Had a great laugh, Mick H John , James Trouble, Dave Woolley, Brian Rae & Pete Gent. Crazy night remember Mick H dragging us all out of the marquee to witness a young lad laying on a sofa having forty winks and covered in beer cans with the end of a hoover trying to suck his face off!! Hilarious!!

Some great sounds played by Craig, Jackie & Johnny Vegas. Big thanks had a great time.

Thanks Mick & John for entertaining us til the early hours of this morning you should do stand up!

Once again thanks to you all for supporting us helped make a great night hope to see you all again next year.

Dave & Lisa

Note to self, next time I visit this venue I must remember insect repellant, woke up this morning looking like I had the bubonic pleague with all the beasite bites.............errrrr or I could just give up smoking then I wouldn't have to keep going outisde :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Really enjoyed the tunes.

Worth while travelling with the rest of the Banbury crew.

Great people and a smart venue.

see you at the next one.

C.Mc

Hope I managed to persuade Tabs to drag you all over to our neck of the woods in September for Soul @ The Ath Bedford. I shall sulk if you don't all come along, and boy can I sulk :lol: We will be celebrating my birthday, Pete burtons and someone else as well but can't think who it is at the moment :wicked:

QoFxx

PS. another note to self - work on persuasion skills :thumbsup:

Edited by chrissie

Hope I managed to persuade Tabs to drag you all over to our neck of the woods in September for Soul @ The Ath Bedford. I shall sulk if you don't all come along, and boy can I sulk :wicked: We will be celebrating my birthday, Pete burtons and someone else as well but can't think who it is at the moment :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Hi Chrissie,

How can we possibly see a lady sulk. :lol:

Send the dates and we will put in the diary and see you then.

And we won't mantion your age!

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Chrissie,

How can we possibly see a lady sulk. :yes:

Send the dates and we will put in the diary and see you then.

And we won't mantion your age!

Cheers

Charlie

What do you mean :lol: I will only be 29, honest :yes: This can be a will be a warm up for my 30th next year :wicked::thumbsup:

QoFxx

PS Friday 7th Sept

Okey dokey heres my plays from last night, not in any particular order.

First spot.

The Royal Esquires - Aint gonna Run - Prix

Lou Lawton - I am searching - Capitol

Chuck Bernard - Funny Changes - Satellite

The Prophets - Talk dont bother me - Delphi

The Norvells - Why do you want to make me sad - Janis

The Vangaurds - The thought of losing your love - Lamp

The Soul City - Who do you think you are - Good Time

Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - Do i make my self clear - Argo

Gigi & The Charmains - I dont wanna lose him - Kent 27th Anni

Lee Calvin - you got me - Sansu

The Monzas - You know you turn me on - Moon

Freddie Scott - I'll be gone - Shout

Soul Gents - Wonders of love - Fros Ray

Little Herman - Gotta keep on walkin - Gina

Bill Sampson - Stronger and wronger - Motion

Last spot

Bernard Williams - Its needless to say - Harthorn

The Boss Four - Walkin by - Rim

The Ebony Jam - Ride on - Amos (keep an eye on this one)

Carol & Gerri - Heartaches - MGM

Garland Green - Girl i love you - Revue

Dickie Wonder - Nobody knows - Golden Triangle

The Ad Libs - Johnny my boy - Blue cat

Guitar Ray - You're gonna wreck my life - Shagg

Well done guys, top night from start to finish. Good to catch up with Pete Burton, Tony Parker and Lenny Dobson. Can't believe you're gonna wait til' Feb next year (6 months) for next one!? Great records played by all the DJ's. Nice smart venue which was just the right size and easy to find. If you enjoyed this night then get yourself over to the next DKOF. See you all next week at DKOF. Thanks again, Ray

Next "Different Kettle of Fish" Friday 3rd Aug with Guy Hennigan, Dave Thorley & Warren Wint.

More info visit: www.dkof.org

Guest gordon russell

good night always is when l hear tunes like the PARLIMENTS , BELITA WOODS C/P , PRIMERS and the AWSOME LENNY WILLAMS. hope the peeps on a local level enjoyed MICK H'S spot ( not to sure) great to see BERYL and FRED from kettering nice to hear you've got a 4 by 4 HO HO. good to hear RITCHIE and CATS wedding plans are so advanced, don't know about the reception at the RITZ though. will look forward to the next one....and remember keep an open mind

Edited by gordon russell

good night always is when l hear tunes like the PARLIMENTS , BELITA WOODS C/P , PRIMERS and the AWSOME LENNY WILLAMS. hope the peeps on a local level enjoyed MICK H'S spot ( not to sure) great to see BERYL and FRED from kettering nice to hear you've got a 4 by 4 HO HO. good to hear RITCHIE and CATS wedding plans are so advanced, don't know about the reception at the RITZ though. will look forward to the next one....and remember keep an open mind

what a fantastic night !!!! super venue , great sounds being played by all the dj's , nice underplayed stuff ,big turnout for the first night and a great friendly atmosphere,with nice people THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT !!!

well done to baz,dave and tony for putting on a great night, looking forward to the next one.

p.s. i think 6 months is to long await

Edited by Baz
Guest gordon russell

what a fantastic night !!!! super venue , great sounds being played by all the dj's , nice underplayed stuff ,big turnout for the first night and a great friendly atmosphere,with nice people THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT !!!

well done to baz,dave and tony for putting on a great night, looking forward to the next one.

p.s. i think 6 months is to long await

bibbedy-bee dan how was the funky al-nighter

good night always is when l hear tunes like the PARLIMENTS , BELITA WOODS C/P , PRIMERS and the AWSOME LENNY WILLAMS. hope the peeps on a local level enjoyed MICK H'S spot ( not to sure) great to see BERYL and FRED from kettering nice to hear you've got a 4 by 4 HO HO. good to hear RITCHIE and CATS wedding plans are so advanced, don't know about the reception at the RITZ though. just one downer...where was northants main soulie JEMCO the man that says the soul scene is so good around there was absent yet again, still not your do no money in it for you so why bother eh, or was it more than 5 mins from your house. no one missed you i;m sure of that......will look forward to the next one....and remember keep an open mind

Well not being pushy, weve decided to let you and Jan go first! We ve heard so much about the dietary needs of soulies that we thought we d let an expert in the catering field go first. Honestly with fussy punters like Pottsy about, you cant just put a few sausage rolls on. :thumbsup:

x

Note to self, next time I visit this venue I must remember insect repellant, woke up this morning looking like I had the bubonic pleague with all the beasite bites.............errrrr or I could just give up smoking then I wouldn't have to keep going outisde :wicked:

QoFxx

It's official, they were blasted mossies. I am allergic to them and react quite badly to them. My foot now looks like it belongs to the michelin man, I am growing a second head on my forehaead and my back, if reaction is going true to plan, should make me look like quasimodo by the morning :thumbsup: .

Still had a great time and this wont put me off this venue in the future :lol:

QoFxx

Well not being pushy, weve decided to let you and Jan go first! We ve heard so much about the dietary needs of soulies that we thought we d let an expert in the catering field go first. Honestly with fussy punters like Pottsy about, you cant just put a few sausage rolls on. wink.gif

x

Blimey Cat didn't know you were both getting hitched (knew you were courting), congratulations to you both, two nicer people couldn't be getting wed, all the best! always enjoy putting the soul scene to rights with you both :):(

It's official, they were blasted mossies. I am allergic to them and react quite badly to them. My foot now looks like it belongs to the michelin man, I am growing a second head on my forehaead and my back, if reaction is going true to plan, should make me look like quasimodo by the morning :( .

Still had a great time and this wont put me off this venue in the future :)

QoFxx

Sorry Chrissie, just for you we'll get some mozzy spray out side next time, or one of them funny fandango scented candels that repels all sorts of bugs, if i had my way i would be running round with one of them blue light zappers electricuting the little blighters biggrin.gif

R.E the next one we had planned in sept thought it was a bit too soon, dont want to kill the buzz with putting too many on too soon if ya get us, so will look at a date for Oct/Nov time, will keep you all posted on that one

Guest MickD

Congatulations to all concerned ... smart venue , good crowd and very nice music ... what more could you ask for, enjoyed every minute of it

Edited by MickD

great turnout for the first night , and what a good venue . quality sets from mick h and pete burton and was good to have so many travelling to support this , ray mahoney ,mick donnelly will see you at the dkof this friday ,eddie hubbard ,steve phyliss ,russ holley nidge ,even ritchie was smiling looking forward to the next one but why wait until next year ? :(

well done dave and baz :)

Well not being pushy, weve decided to let you and Jan go first! We ve heard so much about the dietary needs of soulies that we thought we d let an expert in the catering field go first. Honestly with fussy punters like Pottsy about, you cant just put a few sausage rolls on. :)

x

i know you and ritchie were trying to keep it secret about your wedding sat afternoon but i was so excited when you asked me to be your page boy ive just got one of the photos back this morning

the bridesmaids janet and linda and me as your very smart page boy - hope you enjoy your honeymoon :(

Guest glyn-w

Sorry Chrissie, just for you we'll get some mozzy spray out side next time, or one of them funny fandango scented candels that repels all sorts of bugs, if i had my way i would be running round with one of them blue light zappers electricuting the little blighters :D

R.E the next one we had planned in sept thought it was a bit too soon, dont want to kill the buzz with putting too many on too soon if ya get us, so will look at a date for Oct/Nov time, will keep you all posted on that one

:D the last time i see you whith a blue electric zap gun.. you zapped yourself if i remember rite sir :D:D:(:P:huh:

Guest boddington

:rolleyes: Great night rolleyes.gif of Soul music :P Big well done to Promoters Baz Bond and Dave Vanner on a excellent night :P All DJ's played good sets :P Nice to hear LES FEMMES-CLOSER ON POWER PACK. Well done Tony Parker! Keep on Soulin. :D

Karl Boddington. :D RITZ DESBOROUGH SOUL NIGHT THIS SATURDAY 4TH AUGUST. :wub:

Agreed ,agreed :lol::D

Was a really good night, great to hear a few sounds dont usually hear played out too! Thanks for the air con too guys,...I felt a right berk going outside every 15 mins with an imaginary fag til it was sorted! (someone threatened to fine me £50 for the priveledge too, mentioning no names! :rolleyes::D ).

Great to finally meet the REAL Eddie('s my name) Hubbard too! :lol: See you all at the next one!

Great to meet you as well Gail , Best Wishes ,Eddie

Thanks for that Eddie, it was nice to catch up with you again and we'll try and get over to Banbury on 1st September. Claire says we're going so I probably don't have any choice in the matter anyway !

:rolleyes:

It'll be brilliant if you can make Banbury ,Pete , special guest Lenny Dopson .Best Wishes ,Eddie

i know you and ritchie were trying to keep it secret about your wedding sat afternoon but i was so excited when you asked me to be your page boy ive just got one of the photos back this morning

the bridesmaids janet and linda and me as your very smart page boy - hope you enjoy your honeymoon :huh:

Youre a monster Parker, as if we would sneak off and get married without letting you lot buy us loads of records. What do you think we would do, nip off for a curry after then go to a soul night :wub::wub::wub: .

What a great first night, well done Baz n Dave.

xxxx

Guest gordon russell

just been on the phone to DAN we both agree ....that at last NORTHANTS has a real deal soul nite to be proud of :(:P:(:(

just been on the phone to DAN we both agree ....that at last NORTHANTS has a real deal soul nite to be proud of :sleep3::D:P:sleep3:

Is there a yawn smiley on here I can use? Jeeesus, you even sound like an old cracked record........................................ :D Give it a Fookin rest cant ya! All your post say exactly the same so we got the message the first time. Yes, we know you don't like Northants and you are not likely to be made Freeman of the county, but for pete's sake SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Maark
Guest kev such

Is there a yawn smiley on here I can use? Jeeesus, you even sound like an old cracked record........................................ :shades: Give it a Fookin rest cant ya! All your post say exactly the same so we got the message the first time. Yes, we know you don't like Northants and you are not likely to be made Freeman of the county, but for pete's sake SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Maark True. To be honest mate, its not worth it. But if we ask nicely maybe Terry will let us in on it, so we can all go and enjoy it.

Kev

Guest gordon russell

Is there a yawn smiley on here I can use? Jeeesus, you even sound like an old cracked record........................................ :shades: Give it a Fookin rest cant ya! All your post say exactly the same so we got the message the first time. Yes, we know you don't like Northants and you are not likely to be made Freeman of the county, but for pete's sake SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last time l looked rushden is in Northants.....just pointing out the obvious....did'nt see you there as usual :P:rolleyes:

Guest spreaderone

What a night phew! A Big thanks to all for travelling and attending the do. Really pleased everyone enjoyed it. Thanks to Mick H, Tony P, Pete Burton, Andy & Baz. Heard some great tunes that I hadnt heard before but really enjoyed.

Thanks to Jackie Allsorts for a great time at Full Fat N Funky at Melchbourne. Had a great laugh, Mick H John , James Trouble, Dave Woolley, Brian Rae & Pete Gent. Crazy night remember Mick H dragging us all out of the marquee to witness a young lad laying on a sofa having forty winks and covered in beer cans with the end of a hoover trying to suck his face off!! Hilarious!!

Some great sounds played by Craig, Jackie & Johnny Vegas. Big thanks had a great time.

Thanks Mick & John for entertaining us til the early hours of this morning you should do stand up!

Once again thanks to you all for supporting us helped make a great night hope to see you all again next year.

Dave & Lisa

Is there a yawn smiley on here I can use? Jeeesus, you even sound like an old cracked record........................................ :sweatingbullets: Give it a Fookin rest cant ya! All your post say exactly the same so we got the message the first time. Yes, we know you don't like Northants and you are not likely to be made Freeman of the county, but for pete's sake SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont know about a yawn smiley, more like this wanker.gifwanker.gifwanker.gif sums him up.

Guest gordon russell

True Maark True. To be honest mate, its not worth it. But if we ask nicely maybe Terry will let us in on it, so we can all go and enjoy it.

Kev

hey , l only point out what is obvious in this area my post was praising the soulbeat night. one other thing l never say anything on this site l would'nt say to a persons face :sweatingbullets:

Got to agree with all the posts from people that attended... top night! Congrats to Baz and the Vanners :sweatingbullets:

Very nice venue with a sheltered smoking area and plenty of parking, and more importantly first quality music, and apart from a brief lapse into mid-tempo land, music for the dancers... well done Dave and Mick in particular.

An entertaining hour at the Vanners', thanks for your hospitality and have you got the baz-flap fitted yet? :lol: . I wish someone had got a photo of Smashy and Nicey listening to tunes in the car. :thumbsup:

The final part of the night was spent at Jack's funk nighter and was again top-notch.. glad to see the weather didn't deter too many.

As already said, a night of quality music from start to finish, and the most exciting soul record for me was the Richard Marks track played by Craig at the funk do.

Smashy and Nicey listening to tunes in the car. :yes:

:yes::lol:

I'd forgot about that

Glad you enjoyed it sir, that Richard Marks is a stonker think we were only disscussing it round t'vanners befor we headed into funky town, Craig never fails to impress :D