Simon T

• Replies 58
  • Views 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

After looking at someones  70's / modern, whatever you want to call them, "wants", I was just thinking what are the rarest of the rare non-60's sounds?

Is there a Frank Wilson "Holy Grail" type equivalent?

link

Natural Impulse - She went away ... almost impossible to get any bugger to sell it. My Holy Grail for sure.

King Moses on Pet is rare as RHS.

Edited by alison
Social source share

Natural Impulse - She went away ... almost impossible to get any bugger to sell it. My Holy Grail for sure.

link

Mine would be the Sy Hightower lp totaly unique and rare as rocking horse eggs :D

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

After looking at someones 70's / modern, whatever you want to call them, "wants", I was just thinking what are the rarest of the rare non-60's sounds?

This is surely one of them, 6-8 copies ?? Not sure on the year but I bought it in 1981, I think Richard had just uncovered it at the time.

post-1832-1108074283_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

right in saying available on a lp .. yep?

link

Never seen one, I heard Keb has a copy on 7" maybe he would know ?

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

Guest Soulscene

Maybe well known and been a round a while but still try and get them....

Four Dynamics, Things that etc, Peachtree

True Image, I'm not, Super Smash

and if anyone knows where please let me know!

Social source share

AGreed, does anyone apart from Sam actually have this? He had Poke's old copy. :D

link

jv may jump in as think he said he used to own it in back when and also reckons just the one copy

also reckons the version that is up in sounds section is slowed down though sounds same to me going by memory

Edited by mike-
Social source share

Natural Impulse sound clip - anything between £1500 - £2500, if you can get one. I've been pleading for a long time  :D

link

Yes, a toughie indeed, presumably Brownie hasn't got one as it wasn't on the

Millionaires CD :D

Here's a scan, shame the label is so boring, deserves much better

Cheers

Steve

post-1906-1108076147_thumb.jpg

Social source share

After looking at someones  70's / modern, whatever you want to call them, "wants", I was just thinking what are the rarest of the rare non-60's sounds?

Is there a Frank Wilson "Holy Grail" type equivalent?

link

Although not rare on LP, what about Solid Solution on 45?

Also Floreuscent Smogg.

Anyone got these

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

The album is only a test pressing, and was not commercially released.

Rarer than Frank Wilson too.  :D

link

Along with those lovely Sam Dees tracks a very lucky man to own em :D

Social source share

AGreed, does anyone apart from Sam actually have this? He had Poke's old copy. :D

link

Great record apart from the guitar break( Bsides not bad either)

Have u seen Sams copy Steve? I think there might be 2 doing the rounds

Cheers

Steve

post-1906-1108077252_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveCee
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Cheers

Steve

link

Well I know Greg Tormo has / had a copy as he put it on tape for me.

Social source share

As good a candidate as any for rarest of the rare 70's/Modern would be the Gloria Scott 7" on Australian Casablanca; general consensus is that there were only a handful at most issued for promotional purposes when the Astor company in Australia gained the rights to the US Casablanca label...

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

As good a candidate as any for rarest of the rare 70's/Modern would be the Gloria Scott 7" on Australian Casablanca; general consensus is that there were only a handful at most issued for promotional purposes when the Astor company in Australia gained the rights to the US Casablanca label...

link

Well I have one, been a couple on Ebay in the past year as well... Still very hard to get though....

post-1832-1108080700_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

just listening to it on that very nice cd (oops is that mentionable on here??)

that arrived today

regards

the landlord

link

:D:D Nice to see you raising your head above the parapit Guv'nor :D you can mention CD's but only in hushed tones deserved of the devils technology :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

link

Not as far as i know and Martin thinks it is the only? copy known .............although i did hear a whisper recently :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Cheers

Steve

link

That is Sams copy Steve :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Well I have one, been a couple on Ebay in the past year as well... Still very hard to get though....

link

Fairly tough but not really that hard surely and more than a little played out, truth be told, great record though.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Is that including the copies in Japan and elsewhere?

link

As far as I know it is, but who really can say with authority ? All I know of are the ones that John Anderson had. I certainly remember Searling and either Sam or Arthur Fenn having one . I believe my copy was one of those that was traded back in as I picked it up on a trip to the King's Lynn emporium all those years ago.

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hows about

Al Alonzo Wilson - love you girl - Nashville

and

Tab Walton - Love me - Oriole

or

Mark IV - If you can't tell me - Bright Lite

or

Kebs Mellow Madness thing on Mega

or

Wee - Try Me - Owl

or

Bobby Wilburn - I'm a dreamer - Gamble (Harder than the Chant issues Steve G?)

Social source share

That is Sams copy Steve  :D

link

I know that u berk, the scan is from Colin.

I just posted it up in case Steve hadn't seen it.

It is rumoured that someone in the States recentlyish found 2 copies but only 1 found its way overhere which would make 2 here 3 total

Edited by SteveCee
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I know that u berk, the scan is from Colin.I just posted it up in case Steve hadn't seen it.

It is rumoured that someone in the States recentlyish found 2 copies but only 1 found its way overhere which would make 2 here 3 total

link

I'd heard a vague whisper but no specifics about how many or where or how much but i may know a who but was asked to keep shctumm if that's cryptic enough for you :D:D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Isn't  The Ad Libs...Fortune Teller V.Rare.......... :D

link

Certainly a tough one John not really sure exactly how rare that one is though :D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Butch has the Mellow MAdness "Save The Youth" as well as Keb.

BAB Band "Party" is pretty rare. Similar to Trace Of Smoke, not quite as good, but rarer.

Social source share

Butch has the Mellow MAdness "Save The Youth" as well as Keb.

BAB Band "Party" is pretty rare. Similar to Trace Of Smoke, not quite as good, but rarer.

link

Let's not forget Tommy Tate on Koko either. On Bobby Wilburn both pretty tough, not sure which is the rarer at this point....so far no JV claiming ownership of King Moses - thanks for the post - I hadn't seen it.....didn't John M have another Alonzo Johnson a while back? I thought it was on auction?....Jim Gilstrap "Run run run£££?

Cheers all. :D

Social source share

Let's not forget Tommy Tate on Koko either. On Bobby Wilburn both pretty tough, not sure which is the rarer at this point....so far no JV claiming ownership of King Moses - thanks for the post - I hadn't seen it.....didn't John M have another Alonzo Johnson a while back? I thought it was on auction?....Jim Gilstrap "Run run run£££?

Cheers all.  :D

link

Mmmm, I wasn't convinced about our Tommy, too many people claim to have run some off when it was first found. BUT given the diff mix (inferior imho) who knows, alhtough it is possible to remix anything these days.

Here's a scan, the lad who found the first one lived a few miles away

post-1906-1108120370_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveCee
Social source share

Isn't  The Ad Libs...Fortune Teller V.Rare.......... :D

link

Yes John but it's shite so no one takes interest in it :D (see you at Ponds Forge tonight! :D )

How about these (only had a quick browse through so forgive me if these have already been mentioned)...

Psychodelic Frankie - still a big want of mine

Natural Impulse

C. Coulter

Fluorescent Smogg

Joseph Webster

Tolbert

Tavasco - not in the same price league as above buy bloody hell try and find one! :D

Four Dynamics & Tommy Tate - I know these have already been mentioned, but I don't think they're as rare as the other stuff mentioned. I spoke to Christian B. about Four Dynam's and he thought £2500, I thought nearer £1200, unless someone cares to put me straight... :D ..brilliant record though! :D:D ....and the Tommy Tate, don;t think this is that rare, know about 4 people who have them, but still easily £500's worth. :yes:

Billy :D

P.S. Yes Darren I'll have DSoF at a tenna mate :D

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Hows about

Mark IV - If you can't tell me - Bright Lite

or

Kebs Mellow Madness thing on Mega

link

There was a 12" of the Mark IV on ebay about a month ago that didn't make the $600 reserve. Shame I was skint, otherwise I'd have had that. :D

That 'Save The Youth' is one of the best tracks I never hear out. Just none about. How big would that be if there was a few more about???

I know it's not in the same league as any of the above, but how many of these are about????

post-1261-1108128201_thumb.jpg

I know Mick Smith & Andy Dyson have got one.

Ta

Jamie

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Yes John but it's shite so no one takes interest in it :D (see you at Ponds Forge tonight! :D )

How about these (only had a quick browse through so forgive me if these have already been mentioned)...

Psychodelic Frankie - still a big want of mine

Natural Impulse

C. Coulter

Fluorescent Smogg

Joseph Webster

Tolbert

Tavasco - not in the same price league as above buy bloody hell try and find one! :D

Four Dynamics & Tommy Tate - I know these have already been mentioned, but I don't think they're as rare as the other stuff mentioned. I spoke to Christian B. about Four Dynam's and he thought £2500, I thought nearer £1200, unless someone cares to put me straight... :D ..brilliant record though!  :D:D ....and the Tommy Tate, don;t think this is that rare, know about 4 people who have them, but still easily £500's worth. :D

Billy :yes:

P.S. Yes Darren I'll have DSoF at a tenna mate :D

link

How rare is Herby Brown on Blue Ash, saw a battered copy on ebay & Mick H plays it.

To the guys who mailed me re mine will be in touch soon.

Social source share