Rarest Of The Rare - 70's / Modern

Simon T

Let's not forget Tommy Tate on Koko either. On Bobby Wilburn both pretty tough, not sure which is the rarer at this point....so far no JV claiming ownership of King Moses - thanks for the post - I hadn't seen it.....didn't John M have another Alonzo Johnson a while back? I thought it was on auction?....Jim Gilstrap "Run run run£££?

Cheers all.  :D

link

think jv said something like he got if off j a before moving it on in 80s, but not too sure so best leave it to him

how many loves stormy weathers are there?

Social source share

• Replies 58
  • Views 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How rare is Herby Brown on Blue Ash, saw a battered copy on ebay & Mick H plays it.

To the guys who mailed me re mine will be in touch soon.

link

Not as rare as a anything mentioned so far. I was told there were only 5/6 copies, but I've seen 4 on ebay in the last 6 months! One sold yesterday - $1836, a nice track, but not a grand's worth :no:

Someone mentiones the Mellow Madness track....

....what's this worth now?

Billy :lol:

Social source share

There was a 12" of the Mark IV on ebay about a month ago that didn't make the $600 reserve. Shame I was skint, otherwise I'd have had that.  :no:

I'd steer clear of the 12" of that If I were you...worse than dire. Different version, muddier mix...basically rubbish. And commonly worth £125 absolute tops...shouldn't be any more, should be considerably less. $600 reserve? Jesus! :lol:

Social source share

I'd steer clear of the 12" of that If I were you...worse than dire. Different version, muddier mix...basically rubbish. And commonly worth £125 absolute tops...shouldn't be any more, should be considerably less. $600 reserve? Jesus!  :yes:

link

I was told that the 12" was sides A+B of the 7" joined together??? :no:

I was also told it was worth more than £125. :lol:

And I also know that you know your onions, so on that basis I'll stay clear blush.gif

Cheers,

Jamie :lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Let's not forget Tommy Tate on Koko either. On Bobby Wilburn both pretty tough, not sure which is the rarer at this point....so far no JV claiming ownership of King Moses - thanks for the post - I hadn't seen it.....didn't John M have another Alonzo Johnson a while back? I thought it was on auction?....Jim Gilstrap "Run run run£££?

Cheers all.  :no:

link

I do know someone who recently picked up An Al Alonzo Wilson pretty cheaply a while back lucky bleeder

Jim Gilstrap is that really real :lol: ???

Social source share

I was told that the 12" was sides A+B of the 7" joined together??? :no:

Nah mate...totally different mix altogether...probably a re-recording.

I was also told it was worth more than £125.  :lol:
..not by someone trying to flog it to you, per chance? :lol::yes:

And I also know that you know your onions, so on that basis I'll stay clear  blush.gif

Why, nice of you to say so. I would provide audio evidence to back myself up, except I never made a recording of my copy before I flogged it.

Social source share

What about Melvin Brown & James Matthews "Love Stormy Weather" on Philmore Sound ,about £1000, or Chuck Cockerham on Mala £1500 (70's?),Matt Brown on Jar-Val both around £600 - £800.

Social source share