Crikey Me ! Is This Really What This Reissue/boot Goes For ?

Guest Bogue

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bogue

Didn't even know it was booted Bogue!

Should never go for this much but, then again, a lot of people have been after the Mike Pedicin 45 in any form for ages, just to have the sound.

I guess if it hasen't had a CD release that could be enough to force it up in this crazy age :(

I take it hasen't appeared on a CD Gene ?

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Didn't even know it was booted Bogue!

Should never go for this much but, then again, a lot of people have been after the Pike Medicin 45 in any form for ages, just to have the sound.

The singer sounds more like something you give to an ill fish Gene

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Why its F***** awful

Depends on your taste again i guess Ted.

I hadn't heard it before but on listening to the clip i quite liked it, R&B with an almost reggae/sca beat.

Social source share

I guess if it hasen't had a CD release that could be enough to force it up in this crazy age :)

I take it hasen't appeared on a CD Gene ?

It's the first track on Kent CD 'King New Breed Rhythm & Blues'

Unbelievable that the boot has gone for so much, but when it was first listed there were bidders who did not realise it was a boot despite the huge red writing in description, and after a thread on modculture about this they retracted their bid, so it may be that the high bidders never noticed?

The original went for $800 - $900 a few weeks back....demand is very high for this 45 (even if Ted M doesn't like it... :( ) if packs dancefloors at R&B and Mod dos alike, and was popular on the popcorn scene (though pitched right down)

I'm quite glad mines an issue....well worth the $30 it cost me... biggrin.gif

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Guest Bogue

It's the first track on Kent CD 'King New Breed Rhythm & Blues'

Unbelievable that the boot has gone for so much, but when it was first listed there were bidders who did not realise it was a boot despite the huge red writing in description, and after a thread on modculture about this they retracted their bid, so it may be that the high bidders never noticed?

The original went for $800 - $900 a few weeks back....demand is very high for this 45 (even if Ted M doesn't like it... :( ) if packs dancefloors at R&B and Mod dos alike, and was popular on the popcorn scene (though pitched right down)

I'm quite glad mines an issue....well worth the $30 it cost me... biggrin.gif

Cheers Mace, will definatley have to get hold of that CD :)

Nice find at $30 yes.gif

Social source share

Cheers Mace, will definatley have to get hold of that CD :(

Nice find at $30 :)

It was a good few years back mate, still a result even then though.

(that price included about $8 postage mind biggrin.gif )

The CD is okay, but as with all comps there is a few ropy tracks on there (3 little pigs being one of them)

You can see full track listing on amazon link below..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/King-New-Breed-Rhy...3301797-3502830

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Guest Bogue

It was a good few years back mate, still a result even then though.

(that price included about $8 postage mind biggrin.gif )

The CD is okay, but as with all comps there is a few ropy tracks on there (3 little pigs being one of them)

You can see full track listing on amazon link below..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/King-New-Breed-Rhy...3301797-3502830

:) I quite like that one too Mace.

CD is worth it just for 'Little Willie John' alone ! Love that one, been outbid a few times for it on ebay :( I shall have to stop being so tight ! smile.gif

Social source share

:) I quite like that one too Mace.

CD is worth it just for 'Little Willie John' alone ! Love that one, been outbid a few times for it on ebay :( I shall have to stop being so tight ! smile.gif

Sorry mate, I meant opposite (as in ropey = crap where '3 little pigs' is concerned)

IMO of course..... wink.gif

2 different 45 rpm releases/versions of Little Willie John 'I'm Shakin' btw.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Sorry mate, I meant opposite (as in ropey = crap where '3 little pigs' is concerned)

IMO of course..... :)

2 different 45 rpm releases/versions of Little Willie John 'I'm Shakin' btw.

Regards

Mace

Didn't know that, cheers :( .

Will check it out before i go after it again, make sure i get the right one.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Didn't know that, cheers :( .

They're actually the same basic recording of the song, but one - the later of the two releases - has additional percussion overdubs. My personal preference is for the non-overdubbed one, but I think it's the later release that's the more collectable.

Quite a few of LWJ's 1950s recordings came out 'remixed', as it were, after he went to prison in the mid 60s and King ran out of unissued sides to release. Later pressings of "Fever", for example, have strings added. Quite effectively, too, IMO...

Social source share

The singer sounds more like something you give to an ill fish Gene

:(:)laugh.gif Bearsy!

Just as well he wasn't known as Mikey, then we'd have Pikey Medicine.......whatever that would be!

Wonder if Warren ever got a copy of this? It was on his wants list for quite a while. Any luck then Warren?

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Didn't know that, cheers :huh: .

think there was a thread on here the other week in the Wants section with links to sound clips of both versions. have a search, should be near the top.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Didn't know that, cheers :huh: .

King 5342 is the original 1960 release, 5823 is the 1963 'overdub' version. They both have the same basic matrix number (K-10575) but 5823 has an 'XX' suffix after 10575 to differentiate between the two...

Social source share

Guest Bogue

King 5342 is the original 1960 release, 5823 is the 1963 'overdub' version. They both have the same basic matrix number (K-10575) but 5823 has an 'XX' suffix after 10575 to differentiate between the two...

Cheers for that Tony :huh: & to 'Bongolia', found the thread in wants. The later 'overdub' release is the one i had heard, & having now heard both, is the one i still prefer personaly.

Social source share

any one got a sound clip... I quite like Mike Pedicin, got an album some where, i'll have to dig it out.. I had it for a track called "Jackpot" it got plays on the rockin scene..

Got it on a CD Mischief - I'll try and post it up later when I get home from work.

PS - Good to finally meet you last weekend!

Social source share

Got it on a CD Mischief - I'll try and post it up later when I get home from work.

PS - Good to finally meet you last weekend!

Cheers mate

It was good to meet you to.. always good to be able to put a face to a name..

unless its an ugly face like Bearsy's :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!