Soulsmith

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Chris Waterman

Is it possible to record radio shows from sky digital?

Is it just a question of buying a dvd recorder?

Thanks.

link

You can link your Sky box to your Music centre via an audio scart lead and then record via tape or mini disc

Chris w

Social source share

You can link your Sky box to your Music centre via an audio scart lead and then record via tape or mini disc

Chris w

link

You can record to video or dvd recorder if you have one.

If you can link your sky box to your stereo like Chris says then stereo to PC you should be able to record to hard disc using sound card and program like soundforge etc.

Some sky radio programs might be on the internet too so can record straight to hard disc.

Social source share

Some sky radio programs might be on the internet too so can record straight to hard disc.

link

Chalky one of the many technical questions I might ask you next week, have been trying to record straight from olar on PC to disk but just does not recognise it, do you need special software?

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

I just used to stick a 4 hour tape in the video, put it on long play and record 8 hours of the reggae station, then record off the tape straight onto tape/cd/minidisc whatever.

link

If you can't record directly onto your computer this is not a bad way of doing it. Brand new unused Video tape is not a bad medium for recording audio. In the years before DAT and cheap CDs one of my mates who was in a band used to record all their demo stuff onto VCR tape instead of audio cassette as the quality was better.

I guess the downside is that unlike digital recordings the tapes age and deteriorate a bit with each play.

Godz

Social source share

"Chalky one of the many technical questions I might ask you next week, have been trying to record straight from olar on PC to disk but just does not recognise it, do you need special software?

Cheers

Jock"

You do need a recording programme to save it to WAV, or MP3.

Cool Edit, Soundforge, Pro tools etc.

Social source share

Chalky one of the many technical questions I might ask you next week, have been trying to record straight from olar on PC to disk but just does not recognise it, do you need special software?

Cheers

Jock

link

Microsoft does have it's own basic recorder, start/all programs/accessories/entertainment/recorder.

Personally use Soundforge.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!