Stu & Jills Soul Barbecue...radcliffe Manchester

Guest jeffthevest

Guest jeffthevest

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank everyboby we met ,especialy the hosts two nicer people you could not meet it was a pleasure to spin some tunes with the Big boys ( no pun there mr bicknal )some amazing tunes played by Carl Willingham, Davey Mason, and Mark bicknal was still playing sounds on the sunday afternoon.

I have been asked to post my playlist so here goes ( not in any order its really hard to remember).

SUNLOVERS...my poor heart

GENE CHANDLER...think nothing about it

VELVET SATINS...nothing can compare to you

GARLAND GREEN...girl i love you

JOHNNY NASH...(im so)glad youre my baby

ROY HAMILTON...she makes me want to dance

SONNY TILL...hey little girl

WILLIE KENDRICKS...give me lots of lovin

PARAKEETS...i want you right now

TOMMY HUNT...didnt i tell you

LILLIAN DUPREE...shield around my heart

MASTERS OF SOUL...doyou really love me

JOHNNY MAE MATTHEWS...lonely youll be

JACKIE TAYLOR...walkin back

GEORGE SMITH...ive had it

FOUR VOICES...we live in the getto

JOE DOUGLAS...crazy baby

FRED HUGHES...dont let me down

SUNLINERS...all alone

LEE FIELDS...take me back

FOUR SONICS + 1...tell me your mine

LITTLE HANK...try to understand

EDDIE PARKER...crying clown.

What a great night it was and the people a pleasure to meet...Jeff and Karen Greenhaff

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank everyboby we met ,especialy the hosts two nicer people you could not meet it was a pleasure to spin some tunes with the Big boys ( no pun there mr bicknal )some amazing tunes played by Carl Willingham, Davey Mason, and Mark bicknal was still playing sounds on the sunday afternoon.

I have been asked to post my playlist so here goes ( not in any order its really hard to remember).

JOE DOUGLAS...crazy baby

SUNLINERS...all alone

What a great night it was and the people a pleasure to meet...Jeff and Karen Greenhaff

What happened??? more to follow when i find my head, good night and good to meet friends old and new..oh by the way we drunk two dustbins full of beer!....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1185794337_thumb.jpg

Guest jeffthevest

What happened??? more to follow when i find my head, good night and good to meet friends old and new..oh by the way we drunk two dustbins full of beer!....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I THINK THAT WAS THE BIN I DRANK

JOE DOUGLAS...crazy baby

SUNLINERS...all alone

She was off her head allnight...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1185794998_thumb.jpg

Guest coltaylor1

The other dustbin...who drank that?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

you did Mark or was it the head - ys blondes DO have more fun!!!!

JOE DOUGLAS...crazy baby

SUNLINERS...all alone

As i said in my original thread last week about 'House Parties' the merrits are many, good company, a few beers and some top tuneage, we all had a fantastic time on Saturday, Mr And Mrs Willingham gave it to us both barrels top tunes as good as it gets anywhere, Stuart and Jill did us proud but their poor house looked like a bomb site on Sunday...our turn next so watch this space...lol

First little spot between 7pm - 8pm more to follow if i can remember....lol

Anthony And The Aqua Lads - I Remember - Gold Bee

The Embers - Watch Out Girl - MGM DJ

Lou Roberts And The Marks - Ten To One - MGM DJ

The Cooperettes - Shing - A - Ling - Brunswick DJ

Adams Apples - Don't Take It Out On This World - Brunswick DJ

The Four Sonics - Eaiser Said Than Done - Sport

Sugar And The Spices - Have Faith In Me - Swan DJ

The Showmen - Our Love Will Grow - Swan DJ

Bettye Lavette - I Feel Good (All Over) - Calla

Marsha Gee - Baby, I Need You - Uptown

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me - Veep DJ

Cindy Scott - In Your Spare Time - Veep DJ

Seminoles - You Can Lump It - Mid Town

The Falcons - Good Good Feeling - Big Wheel

Melvin Davis - Find A Quiet Place (And Be Lonely) - Wheel City

Holidays - I Lost You - Groove City

Luther Ingram - If It's All The Same To You Babe - HIB DJ

The Fantastic Four - Can't Stop Looking For My Baby - Ric-Tic

Edwin Starr - My Kind Of Woman - Ric - Tic

Johnny Rodgers With The Nu - Tones - Make A Change - Amon

Mikki Farrow - Set My Heart At Ease - Karate

The Dynamics - I Need Your Love - RCA Victor DJ

Steve Mancha - Friday Night - Groovesville DJ

Willie Kendrick - Change your Ways - RCA DJ

Garland Green - It Rained Forty Days And Nights - Revue

Jack Montgomery - Baby, Baby, Take A Chance On Me - Revue DJ

The Hytones - Bigger And Better - A-Bet

Billy Prophet - What Can I Do? - Sue DJ

Marjorie Black - One More Hurt - Sue DJ

Vernon Greene - Look At Me, Look At Me - Minit DJ

Shawn Robinson - My Dear Heart - Minit DJ

Porgy And The Monarchs - My Heart Cries For You - Musicor

Carol Anderson - Taking My Mind Off Love - Whip

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make - Maxx DJ

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Picture - Ric Tic's 120 ans 121 grace the decks...lol

post-1475-1185812812_thumb.jpg

Guest jeffthevest

Tony Mac entertaining in the afternoon...with original Cleethorpes weekender baseball cap on...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Havent long been in from work and Im wrecked sleep3.gif it was really great to catch up with Stu and Jill again (16 years is a wee bit too long) :D and the whole evening,night then afternoon were tremendous, laughed all the way through and the music was brill.

Massive thanks to Jills mam for handing over her lovely home for us lot to crash at, and to Toma and Mandy for driving, the best bit was following that poor old geezer for miles when we thought we were behind Stu, he finally gave up and pulled over looking really fearful for his life :rolleyes: poor soul.

Karen xx

post-8015-1185824572_thumb.jpg Many thanks To Jill & Stuart for a superb party ( again ) Big thanks to all D.Js, Nice to see Mick & Ally from Glasgow, Spend the day with this lot and you will drink a bin,o,beer

Cheers HARRY

Bit of a story behind this picture, the very same line up here had a photograph taken about 12 years ago at the Cleethorpes weekender so we thought it would be fun to take a 2007 version, older, wider but still great friends and still ready to party...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

This is just to let everyone know that both Ali and I had a great afternoon/evening/early morning at Jill and Stuarts' too. It's always great to see the gang 'cos we don't see 'em often enough (maybe because we live in Scotland, maybe because we're getting older or perhaps a combination of those and other reasons).

It would be great to see the original Cleethorpes picture alongside the more recent one as a comparison.

As always Mark played a host of good tunes as did Carl/Maria and I was well impressed with the selection provided by the Geordies Toma, Jeff et al particularly their very last half hour before I took over playing Stuarts Motown LP's.

By the way, I think that I drunk that bucket of beer - ended up 'minesweeping' at the end (how sad).

Anyway, we hope to complete our garden this year and will be sending out select invites next year so that we can at least reciprocate for the last few we've attended down south.

Keep the faith (or is that too cliched?). :thumbsup:

Mick & Ali (Mark, note the spelling)

Guest jeffthevest

:lol: Hi Mick,

It was lovely to meet you and Ali. Jeff is loaded with "man-flu" at the moment but he thanks you for your kind comments. Toma will be doing it all again this weekend in the Cheviots with Mandy :thumbsup: Those LP tracks were lovely, just goes to show what great tunes can be overlooked coz they are on an LP. :ohmy:

Take care and give our love to Ali

Karen xx

This is just to let everyone know that both Ali and I had a great afternoon/evening/early morning at Jill and Stuarts' too. It's always great to see the gang 'cos we don't see 'em often enough (maybe because we live in Scotland, maybe because we're getting older or perhaps a combination of those and other reasons).

It would be great to see the original Cleethorpes picture alongside the more recent one as a comparison.

As always Mark played a host of good tunes as did Carl/Maria and I was well impressed with the selection provided by the Geordies Toma, Jeff et al particularly their very last half hour before I took over playing Stuarts Motown LP's.

By the way, I think that I drunk that bucket of beer - ended up 'minesweeping' at the end (how sad).

Anyway, we hope to complete our garden this year and will be sending out select invites next year so that we can at least reciprocate for the last few we've attended down south.

Bugger me Ali with a 'y' so sorry but it was Harry who spelt it that way not me....lol it was the day after the morning after type of thing i guess?...lol good to see you both as ever true friends oh and by the way you left without paying the bill again for three nights bed and breakfast, 43 cans of lager, Sunday dinner, use of television, hot water, three showers each, several cups of tea and coffee......the list goes on....lol see you soon.

Regards - Marky Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Guest coltaylor1

Bugger me Ali with a 'y' so sorry but it was Harry who spelt it that way not me....lol it was the day after the morning after type of thing i guess?...lol good to see you both as ever true friends oh and by the way you left without paying the bill again for three nights bed and breakfast, 43 cans of lager, Sunday dinner, use of television, hot water, three showers each, several cups of tea and coffee......the list goes on....lol see you soon.

Guest coltaylor1

Guest coltaylor1

Guest coltaylor1

Colin you want to learn how to use this site mate....lol pressing all the wrong buttons i think?

Regards - Mark Bicknell,

ye trying to work this out bare with me karen xpost-472-1186084397_thumb.jpg

I asked Mark if he liked the records so far!!!!

Guest coltaylor1

post-472-1186084774_thumb.jpgpost-472-1186084774_thumb.jpgpost-472-1186084774_thumb.jpg

who's looking at you babe???? this is what happns when you get BBQin Karenxx