The Two Fellows

Guest andyrattigan

Guest andyrattigan

Picked up a TWO FELLOWS - STOP DONT GIVE UP YOUR LOVING ON (MUTT) green label in a car boot sale.

Anyone know the price? Was it booted? If so how is a real one recognised?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was never booted, used to be a five pound track but I've seen it for 20 quid or more on some lists... that aside its still a great 5 pound sound...

if memory serves me right there should be a ridge on the label going round the circumference of the track, allot of Mutt tracks had this ridge. Hard to describe but even if yours does not, I'd pretty much say its an original.

Mal>C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Was never booted, used to be a five pound track but I've seen it for 20 quid or more on some lists... that aside its still a great 5 pound sound...

if memory serves me right there should be a ridge on the label going round the circumference of the track, allot of Mutt tracks had this ridge. Hard to describe but even if yours does not, I'd pretty much say its an original.

Mal>C.

yep agree with that got most of this logo back in the day ,bloody great logo some quality stuff that should get a bit more regognition imho.

BAZ A :rolleyes:

Social source share

This was on the Soulful Detroit site....

Some freelance work was coming through from Nate Dore's Mutt Records which was based on Michigan Avenue, about fifteen miles west of Detroit. At that time the building was also doubling as a Bail Bondsman's operation.

Several tracks were put together on The Two Fellows and The Majjestees (sic).

Fred remembers The Two Fellows as "Two guys from Inkster who were like brothers. Nice guys, we recorded them in a studio way up in Mt Clemens; It was either called SuperDisc/ProSound or Sound Incorporated, something like that, and I think the La Beat Production Team provided the backing tracks. The songs were 'Stop' and 'Yea yea yea yea'.

M

Social source share

two great sides, very poor recording. if they'd done a better job with it, this would be one of the all-time great two-siders, with a killer deep side and a killer dance side. alas...

The poor sound quality is applicable on the other Mutt recordings I have also. I assume restricted budget, or poor quality recording studios,to be the reason, having said that, there is something about the labels releases that makes me want the entire catalogue :huh:

Social source share

I don't understand what everyone is getting at here. Have you heard this out...loud???? It's sounds absolutely amazing. Definitely not for playing around the house though, as I can see where it might sound a bit muffled at a lower volume. :huh:

Social source share

I don't understand what everyone is getting at here. Have you heard this out...loud???? It's sounds absolutely amazing. Definitely not for playing around the house though, as I can see where it might sound a bit muffled at a lower volume. :huh:

Can't say I remember hearing this out, although tried playing it loud in the house to get such effect, but the next door neighbours didn't think much of it to be honest :wub:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!