With jumping Joan

John Baxter

John Parker

Pete Hulatt

Plus a Special Guest DJs

Night runs from 8.00 till 3.00

with a 2.00am Bar

contact Martyn 01543 462470 or Kevin 01928 829878

Dont forget, the free Cd for the first 50 through the door, the last two have gone fairly early

munchkine

Guest Tom Walsh

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ME OLD MATE PETE HULATT, :no: HE'LL LOVE THAT BLOODY BEER :lol::yes: I 'M ONLY JEALOUS CUZ I'M PROBABLY DRIVING AGAIN :lol: .ANOTHER GREAT LINE UP WITH PLENTY OF TOP TUNEAGE WOODY

Cheers Woody, BEER :lol: eh!!!!!!! I like a few pints, should be a great night :wub:

Pete

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ME OLD MATE PETE HULATT, :wub: HE'LL LOVE THAT BLOODY BEER :lol::lol: I 'M ONLY JEALOUS CUZ I'M PROBABLY DRIVING AGAIN :no: .ANOTHER GREAT LINE UP WITH PLENTY OF TOP TUNEAGE WOODY

Cheap local brew, so bring loads of beer and record tokens woody, its your round :lol:

Guest gordon russell

Cheers Woody, BEER beer.gif eh!!!!!!! I like a few pints, should be a great night thumbsup.gif

Pete

YES PETE .....47 FOOKERS LOL HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NIGHT :D:D

New Addition to the line up is Mrs Soul, so be early folks this young lady, will be cooking up some soul behind those decks..........

munchkin

TOP TASTE HATH LOU..............BIT OF OWD ENGLISH FOR YA THERE........I'LL BE THERE ON THE DOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

hope so chris, but I will be cooking up a bit of a sweat at mo, got the dreaded lurgy, be great to see you both!!!

I was going to suprise you Lou and turn up to support you at this one, as thought I could sort something out to be there but alas due to some stuff and lack of organisation..........it's not looking hopefull :lol: .

HAve a great time and will see you soon to catch up on all the goss and remember wear your badge with pride (that's if I get it done in time, still need your postal addy) :D

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

I was going to suprise you Lou and turn up to support you at this one, as thought I could sort something out to be there but alas due to some stuff and lack of organisation..........it's not looking hopefull :P .

HAve a great time and will see you soon to catch up on all the goss and remember wear your badge with pride (that's if I get it done in time, still need your postal addy) biggrin.gif

QoFxx

oh, Chrissie!!! was hoping you would come!! I will wear my badge with pride, and do one for Sharon as-well!!!

there are some great B&B,s nearby, and not to dear, if anyone is interested in staying over, so they can taste the local brew, with some bloody good music thrown in as-well, if you think about it, 8-2, with a late bar, works out a pound an hour to hear some fantastic up front and rare soul from the guys and gals, how good is that!!!!

oh, Chrissie!!! was hoping you would come!! I will wear my badge with pride, and do one for Sharon as-well!!!

there are some great B&B,s nearby, and not to dear, if anyone is interested in staying over, so they can taste the local brew, with some bloody good music thrown in as-well, if you think about it, 8-2, with a late bar, works out a pound an hour to hear some fantastic up front and rare soul from the guys and gals, how good is that!!!!

Stop trying to tempt me you evil woman it's sounding like it will be a great night with great beer (a passion of mine) :ohmy: Will look into some options but I have got a big day on the Sunday thumbup.gif

I am afraid I will have to deny Sharon a badge until she is has posted a cutie on the SS LAAS thread so get her posting and she can wear her badge with pride. All the first lot are done and will be in post tomorrow

QoFxx

Stop trying to tempt me you evil woman it's sounding like it will be a great night with great beer (a passion of mine) :ohmy: Will look into some options but I have got a big day on the Sunday thumbup.gif

I am afraid I will have to deny Sharon a badge until she is has posted a cutie on the SS LAAS thread so get her posting and she can wear her badge with pride. All the first lot are done and will be in post tomorrow

QoFxx

Sorry Girls I've managed a comment last nite but not any art forms yet, to tell the truth I've no idea where to look for them but sure I will learn soon. The night is on til 3 with a 2 o clock bar so thats even better but if need be we will let you go home early. As Lou said there are a couple of B&B's nearby so if anyone needs numbers for them let me know and I'll post them up.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sharon

Ps Chrissie can I have a baby badge until I learn where to find the art.

Sorry Girls I've managed a comment last nite but not any art forms yet, to tell the truth I've no idea where to look for them but sure I will learn soon. The night is on til 3 with a 2 o clock bar so thats even better but if need be we will let you go home early. As Lou said there are a couple of B&B's nearby so if anyone needs numbers for them let me know and I'll post them up.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Sharon

Ps Chrissie can I have a baby badge until I learn where to find the art.

Will see what I can do, probably wont be till next week now PM me your home addy thumbsup.gif

Back on topic, even if I don't make hope you all have a great night, sounds like it's going to be a goody :ohmy:

QoFxx

Will see what I can do, probably wont be till next week now PM me your home addy thumbsup.gif

Back on topic, even if I don't make hope you all have a great night, sounds like it's going to be a goody :ohmy:

QoFxx

Thanks Chrissie

So far the nights we have had here have gone down really well, weve had some great DJ's with even more to come and lots of support from all over the place, if you dont make it this time your welcome anytime we are on every other month the next one after this is end of October, but wherever you go you make sure you have a good nite. Will pm you later.

Sharon

I've been looking forward to this night for ages now, the music should be tops from a good DJ line-up, it'll also be good to meet up with a few old Chums, it's been way too long.

Looking forward to seeing you again Dave, give us a ring from the train and we'll pick you up at Warrington.

Munchkin

Just thought I'd post up a few of the tracks that are on the free cd for first 50 thru the door, kindly compiled by John Baxter, thanks John

Barbara Lewis The Stars

Hesitations Is this the way to treat a Girl

Philharmonics I need, I need your love

Exsaveyons I dont love you no more

Inverts Look out Love

Phil Terrell I'll erase you

Hope to see some of you there.

Sharon

could I have some of john parkers aswell, I must admit my ignorance, I have not had the pleasure of hearing Mr Baxter or Mr parker be for, so I look forward to this, although I know its going to be quality all the way, so some info would be appreciated, and will take this opportunity to ask for a request this early on.

venturas..heart of love :wicked:

could I have some of john parkers aswell, I must admit my ignorance, I have not had the pleasure of hearing Mr Baxter or Mr parker be for, so I look forward to this, although I know its going to be quality all the way, so some info would be appreciated, and will take this opportunity to ask for a request this early on.

venturas..heart of love :)

Venturas___Heart_of_love___Green_Light.mp3

here you go lou just for you

here you go lou just for you

you have just made my day :)thumbup.gif

I dont know yet how to put a sound bite up, but will have a go later, this is a great way to show, what kind stuff is going to be played, in case there are some soulers who would like to venture out to this venue, or perhaps even stuff they would like to hear!

Ventura's, I would give my heart and soul for that tune, the rhythm and accompanying chorus just does it for me like no other tune.

Incredibles___Miss_Treatment___Audio_Arts_.mp3

you have just made my day :)thumbup.gif

I dont know yet how to put a sound bite up, but will have a go later, this is a great way to show, what kind stuff is going to be played, in case there are some soulers who would like to venture out to this venue, or perhaps even stuff they would like to hear!

Ventura's, I would give my heart and soul for that tune, the rhythm and accompanying chorus just does it for me like no other tune.

hers another lou

BLIMEY THIS IS SOON UPON US,LOOKING TO GET THERE EARLY DOORS TO GRAB ME C.D. AND HEAR A CERTAIN MRS SOUL :no: WHO I KNOW IS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NIGHT IMMENSLEY CHEERS WOODY

Hi Woody

Were getting excited now, looking forward to hearing Mrs Soul's spot, she's on at 8 and we'll post dj times in the week.

See you Saturday.

Sharon

you have just made my day :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Just been Pm by john Parker hes on holiday at the moment heres a quick look at a few tunes we can expect

Hi Kev

All ok for sat-- been in greece for the last 2 weeks - still there-- back friday

dont really have a playlist but something like

fred and the turbines--bernadine

timmy carr workin

new wanderers-- no harm

joe jama my life

tomangos---c/up pat bradys old stafford one-off

clydie king-- brakaway-- c/up

paulette-passions -linda and the pretenders-helene smith pot cant talk...on blue star

three little words ?artist--acetate

ray and the blue satins-nomads-

chico lamarr--second resurrection

maybe things like-- just brothers-carlena-gene toones-nabay-antiques etc--

depends on the night-- never come with a preset idea and can be fairly flexible

loads of one offs/v.rare unknowns if receptive for that

can you send me the post code ?

i will be coming from beverley but am at work till 6

later spot would be great

running out of time in cafe-- so ttfn

john

I,m really looking forward to this sat, a term that so many people use freely !!but just so you all know, this will be the first time ever, I will spin my tunes by myself, always double decked, so of course a little nervous, but at the same time, excited, and as pleased as punch, to have this opportunity, and will play some well known , some rarer stuff, not mega rare, mostly up tempo. and one or two tunes, that I think are unknown,all easily danced to, but chuffed to bits to be guested with the likes of john Baxter and Mr parker and everybody else, so all I can say at this point, is that I hope you will endeavor to support not only me, but the rest of the team at united states of soul.and lets all have a rite good time.

I,m really looking forward to this sat, a term that so many people use freely !!but just so you all know, this will be the first time ever, I will spin my tunes by myself, always double decked, so of course a little nervous, but at the same time, excited, and as pleased as punch, to have this opportunity, and will play some well known , some rarer stuff, not mega rare, mostly up tempo. and one or two tunes, that I think are unknown,all easily danced to, but chuffed to bits to be guested with the likes of john Baxter and Mr parker and everybody else, so all I can say at this point, is that I hope you will endeavor to support not only me, but the rest of the team at united states of soul.and lets all have a rite good time.

Lou

You will be fine we know your more than capable of playing a great spot by yourself, we normally have quite a few in early doors so you wont be on your own.

Had a phone call from Martyn who had spoken to the owner of the Boars Head Hotel and they have said that for anyone staying there thats going to the AP Club Soul Nite they will knock £5.00 off their b&b prices if you mention the soul nite so single room will be £35 and a double £45, if anyone is interested pm me and I'll give you the number.

Sharon

What label are the "Dreaded Lurgy" on :P ??? ........... see y'all on Saturday.

Ritchie & A.S.B.O. :wicked:

Lou.........hope to get there for your spot :lol: , can't promis anithing yet. You'll be OK, once behind the decks you soon forget about your nerves :(:P , but will be there.

Coming up with Keith & Ann Williams, oh and Ritchie as well :D so see you then.

Annie.

Lou.........hope to get there for your spot :lol: , can't promis anithing yet. You'll be OK, once behind the decks you soon forget about your nerves laugh.gif:lol: , but will be there.

Coming up with Keith & Ann Williams, oh and Ritchie as well :D so see you then.

Annie.

Annie

Will be great to see the 4 of you early doors Lou will do a great job, I'm looking forward to the nite especially with the dj line up plus weve got a special guest dj as well, what more could you want.

Sharon

cripes, of course its kevin and martyns birthday , :rolleyes: , ha, we had not forgot, :D ,what we are wondering is, will we have 2 birthday cakes this time? and if so can you make mine a big slice, because I am a greedy cow!

Hi Lou

Kev said no cakes no balloons just bloody good soul music all night and defo no strippers (sorry lads)

Sharon

Guest Tom Walsh

LOOKING LIKE THIS WILL BE ANOTHER TOP NIGHT. MUNCHKIN WON'T THANK ME BUT WE ARE CELEBRATING HIS BIRTHDAY SO LETS MAKE IT ONE TO REMEMBER. CARL AND I ARE DELIGHTED THAT OUR VERY OWN RESIDENT FROM THE C.W.SUITE,JOHN BAXTER IS ONE OF A VERY STRONG LINE UP.

HOPE TO SEE LOTS OF YOU THERE

MARIA AND CARL

Looking forward to seeing you both :thumbsup:

Should be a good one beer.gifbeer.gif:unsure:

Pete pirate.gif

Well cd prepared and packed,

heres the track listing for anmyone interested

Barbara Lewis - The Stars - Enterprise(LP).

Broadways - You just dont know - M.G.M.

Chi Chi - If your gonna love me - Kapp.

Donald Albert - The hardest part - Run-a-Way

E J + Echoes - Put a smile on your face - Diamond Jim.

Exsaveyons - I dont love you no more - Smoke

Four Sonics - Easier Said than done - Sport.

George Jackson - I dont have the time - Mercury

Gift of Dreams - Feel it - Jampower(LP)

Heaven + Earth - I cant seem to forget - G.E.C.

Hesitations - Is this the way to treat a girl - G.W.P

Inverts - Look out love - Tower.

Irene Scott - Everyday Worries - Midas

J R Bailey - Love wont wear off - Calla

Jimmy Miller - Back street - Centerpoint

Mac Davis - Im just in love - Columbia.

Margie Joseph - Ill always love you - Volt

Masterkeys - If you havent got love - Sport.

Novas Nine - Why listen - ABC.

Parrish - Your Smile - Uptite.

Pat Sand + Pebbles - Loving Him - Sussex.

Phil Terrell - Ill erase you - Carnival.

Philharmonics - I need, i need your love - Soulin.

Reginald Day - Lost love - Midas.

Sarah Vaughan - I need you more than ever - Mainstream

Tony Drake - Suddenly - Brunswick.

munchkin

Think i may get to this tonight, missed Burnley last night and i havent been to USOS before..the line up looks brilliant!!!..

hope to see you all there....i'll have a cd if there's one spare Munchkin :rolleyes:

In Soul

L

It will be great to see you will keep you a cd. If you need directions give us a call number is on this thread.

Kev & Sharon

Think i may get to this tonight, missed Burnley last night and i havent been to USOS before..the line up looks brilliant!!!..

hope to see you all there....i'll have a cd if there's one spare Munchkin :rolleyes:

In Soul

L

hi liam

will be nice to see ya

e-mail me any wants/can bring with me biggrin.gif

DJ TIMES

8.00 - 8.50 MRS SOUL

8.50 - 9.40 JOHN BAXTER

9.40 - 10.30 JUMPING JOAN

10.30 - 11.30 JOHN PARKER

11.30 - 12.30 PETE HULATT

12.30 - 1.00 SPECIAL GUEST DJ & PETE

1.00 - 2.15 SPECIAL GUEST DJ

2.15 - 3.00 MARTYN BRADLEY

Special guest ? intrigued ? ?????

but Martyn bradley, hip hip hurray, will hear him play today, great stuff and about time!!

look forward to his spot!