Few More Classics Up For Grabs

Dave Moore

Few more classics up for grabs. I can be contacted at hitsville2648@earthlink.net

Postage and all details as per my earlier sales list.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

1. Charles Lamont and The Extremes - I've Gotta Keep Movin' - Challenge Demo - Ex 150

2. James Bar nett - Keep On Talking - Fame Demo - Ex 150

3. Dave Love - Cola Lined Baby - Solid Soul - 10

4. Billy Joe Royal - Heart's Desire - Columbia Demo - 10

5. Invitations - Thay Say The Girls Crazy - Silver Blue - Ex 10

6. Sapphires - Got To Have Your Love - ABC Oara Demo - Ex 40

7. Bobby Williams - I've Only Got Myself To Blame - Sure Shot Demo - Ex 100

8. Cindy Scott - I Love You Baby - Veep Demo - xol 100

9. Lee David - Temptation Is Calling My Name - Columbia Demo Ex 100

10. Jay Traynor - Up And Over - ABC Demo - Ex 200

11. Little Joe Cook - I'm Falling In Love With You Baby - Two Jay (Tough one!) Ex 250

12. Lada Edmund Jr - The Larue - Decca (Rare ISSUE) - Ex 200

13. Shane Martin - I Need You - Epic Demo - Ex 60

14. Jimmy McFarland - Lonely Lover - RPR Demo - Ex xol 200

15. Pat and The Blenders - Just Because/Instr - Fast Eddie - Ex 150

16. Dana Valery - You Don't Know where Your Interest Lies - Columbia Demo - 200

17. Van Dykes - Save My Love For A Rainy Day - Mala Demo - Ex 200

18. Betty Lloyd - I'm Catching On - BSC - Ex - 250

19. Gene McDaniels - Walk with A Winner - Liberty Demo - Ex sxol 80

20. Capitols - I Thought She Loved Me/When You're In Trouble - Karen -Ex 40

The Capitols is the best record they ever made. A Mike Terry arrangement, it's pure class. Took me a long time to find one. Now have a luvverly W/D so the stocker is up for grabs.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Gone Mate.

Must be a discerning lot on Soul Source...could have sold ten of these today. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Dave

that was a good price on the record. Probably almost no one knows this, but the capitols has the same backing track as the impalas on bunky. One of the impalas told me that bunky sheppard had somehow brought the already made backing track over, I don't know how he ended up with it.

Social source share

that was a good price on the record. Probably almost no one knows this, but the capitols has the same backing track as the impalas on bunky. One of the impalas told me that bunky sheppard had somehow brought the already made backing track over, I don't know how he ended up with it.

I think Ollie Mac did a lot of business in Chicago. Certainly the Karen records have a Chicago feel to them, (Not so much soundwise but manufacture wise), and a number of his records were actually recorded/produced there. Both sides of this record credit "The Capitols" with being at the board but I suspect Mr Terry and Ollie had a guiding hand in both sides. "I Thought She Loved Me" is Donald Storball's best composition in my opinion and the other members of group Sam George and Richard McDougall are credited as the writers of the other side. A great group effort from all involved that produced two soul sides that are top notch and a record that I would venture is not seen too often. I'd all but given up on the W/Demo until Bam! up it popped on the ole "Evilbay". Snapped it up. Now happily nestling with the rest of Ollie's 45s. Dontcha just luuuurve this collecting malarkey!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

I think Ollie Mac did a lot of business in Chicago. Certainly the Karen records have a Chicago feel to them, (Not so much soundwise but manufacture wise), and a number of his records were actually recorded/produced there. Both sides of this record credit "The Capitols" with being at the board but I suspect Mr Terry and Ollie had a guiding hand in both sides. "I Thought She Loved Me" is Donald Storball's best composition in my opinion and the other members of group Sam George and Richard McDougall are credited as the writers of the other side. A great group effort from all involved that produced two soul sides that are top notch and a record that I would venture is not seen too often. I'd all but given up on the W/Demo until Bam! up it popped on the ole "Evilbay". Snapped it up. Now happily nestling with the rest of Ollie's 45s. Dontcha just luuuurve this collecting malarkey!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Bummer! I'd still like to hear it. Anybody?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!