The Orwell Crew Play Joes Bar

Guest mark shepherd

Guest mark shepherd

What a fantastic night of x-over / 70s / modern soul

on sunday joes bar, darlington played host to steve plumb, flanny and soul sam,and they more than reached our expectations.

as well as the residents playing nice stuff we had 3 whole hours of soul perfection.........decided to stop trying to remember stuff they played when i realised i was trying to remember every other one, pure class

big big thanks,

to steve flanny and sam, darlington was honoured and hopefully you'll all come back some day soon and do it all over again,

my first half hour went something like this -

brenda jones - big mistake

henry brooks - greatest debt to my dear mother

sonny til - i gave it all up

bobby shannon - i get my groove from you

sy hightower - i wonder why

skying high - be together

marshall donovan broomfield - since i found my baby

nicky newarkers - woman

headliners - little sister

mind and matter - im under your spell

barbara st clair - teacherman

message untold - i can feel the change in love

spade brigade - im your man -

second spot, last hour, could have played anything, but cant remember due to having one or two over my fair quota

shep :rolleyes:

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mark shepherd

almost forgot......3 thankyou's to mention

1. thanks flanny for playing dewey jeffries, i was going to play that in the grand finale

2. thanks steve for reminding me what a mistake selling the ad libs - i dont need no fortune teller, was by playing it nice and loud in the middle of your set

3.thanks sam for playing, ALL THE STUFF I'LL NEVER OWN

shep :rolleyes:

almost forgot......3 thankyou's to mention

1. thanks flanny for playing dewey jeffries, i was going to play that in the grand finale :rolleyes: sorry Shep that was my fault askin Flanny to play a request :lol:

2. thanks steve for reminding me what a mistake selling the ad libs - i dont need no fortune teller, was by playing it nice and loud in the middle of your set

3.thanks sam for playing, ALL THE STUFF I'LL NEVER OWN

shep :lol:

Gotta agree with Shep

exceeded wildest expectations .

JOE'S BAR IS WELL AND TRULY ON THE MAP NOW!

Nev :D

Gotta agree with Shep

exceeded wildest expectations .

JOE'S BAR IS WELL AND TRULY ON THE MAP NOW!

Nev :wub:

YES ! WELL AND TRULY ON THE SOUL MAP!!! :huh:

BRILLIANT NIGHT IN MY OPINION FROM START TO FINISH! :boxing:

I TALKED WITH SAM, STEVE & FLANNY AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD ALL COME BACK !!! :wub:

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO STAYED AWAY FOR SOME STRANGE REASON - YOU MISSED FABULOUS NIGHT THAT CAN HOPEFULLY REPEATED.

ALWAYS A GREAT ATMOSPHERE AT JOE'S BAR - NEXT BIG ONE WILL BE THE AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY (SUNDAY) USUALLY A LOCK OUT! MORE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED ASAP. :thumbup:

THANKS TO THE THREE GUEST DJS WHO DID NOT DISSAPPOINT AND TO ALL WHO I HAD A CRACK WITH ON THE NIGHT - AYCLIFFE BOYS & EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :boxing:

CHEERS :thumbup:

HERE'S A LIST OF WHAT I PLAYED IN MY FIRST SPOT AND LIKE SHEP CANT REMEMBER WHAT I PLAYED IN MY SECOND SPOT :wub:

GC CAMERON - GIVE ME YOUR LOVE

ANTHONY WHITE - YES YOU NEED LOVE

MOJOBA - SAY YOU WILL

RUFUS & ROOTS - CAUGHT UP - NICE ON T-JAYE HOPE YOU FIND A COPY STEVE!

STRAIGHT JACKET - GREATEST PART OF LOVING YOU

CECIL LYDE - I'LL MAKE IT ON MY OWN

PHILLIP JAMES - KEEP ON LOVING

BROTHERS GUIDING LIGHT - GETTIN TOGETHER

ALMASON - GOOD LOVIN

PRETENDERS - JUST BE YOURSELF

THANKS FOR A TOP NIGHT :boxing:

DAZ CARR

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED A BRILLIANT NIGHT

THANKS TO ALL OF THE DJ,S SHEP,CARLO,DARREN EWAN,KEV AND PETE AND ESPECIALLY STEVE FLANNY AND SAM

I BELIEVE IT WAS MOOTED BY STEVE AND FLANNY THAT SHEP MIGHT GET A SPOT AT THE ORWELL TOO AS HIS PLAYLIST SHOWS IT,S PROBABLY DESERVED.

THE MUSIC WAS GREAT ALL NIGHT THE MANAGER WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TOO AND SAID WE CAN HAVE IT ALL OVER AGAIN SOON SO WATCH THIS SPACE AND DON,T FORGET EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT JOES THE BEST IN THE SAME

HARRY

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED A BRILLIANT NIGHT

THANKS TO ALL OF THE DJ,S SHEP,CARLO,DARREN EWAN,KEV AND PETE AND ESPECIALLY STEVE FLANNY AND SAM

I BELIEVE IT WAS MOOTED BY STEVE AND FLANNY THAT SHEP MIGHT GET A SPOT AT THE ORWELL TOO AS HIS PLAYLIST SHOWS IT,S PROBABLY DESERVED.

THE MUSIC WAS GREAT ALL NIGHT THE MANAGER WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TOO AND SAID WE CAN HAVE IT ALL OVER AGAIN SOON SO WATCH THIS SPACE AND DON,T FORGET EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT JOES THE BEST IN THE SAME

HARRY

Hi Harry

Me, Sam & Flanny loved it on Sunday. The music ALL DAY was just fantastic! A real pleasure to listen to 100% quality records for nigh on 8 hours!

What a brill venue too - we will be back!

And to be fair (from what you said above) I'd say all of you could play The Orwell, cos as you know, we go for quality before rarity and there's no doubting the quality of the Darlington/Newton Aycliffe massive!

Thanks for the invite :D

Cheers

Steve

AFTER SEVERAL DAYS OF FLASHBACKS MY MEMORY HAS FORMED SOMETHING OF MEMORY OF WHAT I PLAYED IN THE FIRST HALF HOUR

FOUR WONDERS-JUST LOOKING FOR MY LOVE

ERNIE JOHNSON-BIG MAN CRY

BELOYD-TODAY ALL DAY

DENISE LASALLE-NO MATTER WHAT

BLOOD SWEAT TEARS-TELL ME THAT

MAJOR LANCE-DON,T YOU KNOW I WANT YOU

MAYBERRY MOVEMENT-I THINK I,M IN LOVE

FRANKIE SAUNDERS-TAKE ANOTHER LOOK

RICHARD STARR-LOVE IS NOT A GAME

GREAT DAY (WHAT I CAN REMEMBER OF IT)