Tymes - Here She Comes (a Question)

THE TYMES - HERE SHE COMES - PARKWAY 933

Just a few questions if anyone can help:

I have a white Parkway Demo 933 (Monarch stamp and delta 54132) which I am told was the B side to "The twelfth of never" their final release for Parkway in November 1964.

I also see that "Anymore" was the B side to "The twelfth of never" on Parkway 933 also. Why did they have two different B sides?

"Here she comes" was released as Parkway 924 with "Malibu" as the flip in September 1964

Why would they put their last release as the B side for their new release and then change it?

How many Parkway 933s have "Here she comes" as the B side. Was it a mistake at the pressing plant? Is is Rarer than the other release?

Can Anyone throw any light on this ? It just seems really odd to me!

Cheers

post-6465-1185969130_thumb.jpg post-6465-1185969157_thumb.jpg

Social source share

THE TYMES – HERE SHE COMES – PARKWAY 933

Just a few questions if anyone can help:

I have a white Parkway Demo 933 (Monarch stamp and delta 54132) which I am told was the B side to "The twelfth of never" their final release for Parkway in November 1964.

I also see that "Anymore" was the B side to "The twelfth of never" on Parkway 933 also. Why did they have two different B sides?

"Here she comes" was released as Parkway 924 with "Malibu" as the flip in September 1964

Why would they put their last release as the B side for their new release and then change it?

How many Parkway 933s have "Here she comes" as the B side. Was it a mistake at the pressing plant? Is is Rarer than the other release?

Can Anyone throw any light on this ? It just seems really odd to me!

Cheers

post-6465-1185969130_thumb.jpg post-6465-1185969157_thumb.jpg

The final Parkway single, 'The Twelfth Of Never', was put out with two b sides, 'Here She Comes' and 'Anymore', but the 'Anymore'  label was a cocked up at the printing stage and does say 'Anymore' 

Social source share

The final Parkway single, 'The Twelfth Of Never', was put out with two b sides, 'Here She Comes' and 'Anymore', but the 'Anymore' label was a cocked up at the printing stage and does say 'Anymore'

Was "Here she comes" put on the b side by mistake? What were they up to?

Social source share

I have a copy which says here she comes but plays the wonderful i wont cry anymore :P

:shades: Thats a brilliant record !!!! So it seems the men in the pressing plants at monarch in late 1964 were either on YTS Scemes or puffing away on joints on their T breaks :rolleyes: Who knows?

Social source share

HI,

I'VE GOT A W DJ COPY WITH # HERE SHE COMES ( 924

# TWELTH OF NEVER ( 933

MUST BE A BOOT OF SOME SORT,

BUT I BOUGHT THIS FROM A LEW STANLEY AUCTION.

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

JOE.

That is really odd ? :shades:

Its got "Here she comes" release No.924 as the first release in September 64 and the "Twelfth of never" release No.933 wich was November 64. So two separate release numbers on one record ????? Its either a boot or the weed they were smoking at that pressing plant was stronger than I thought ? And is that dated as 1962 ?

Pete Smith..........please ???

Edited by mossy
Social source share

That is really odd ? :shades:

Its got "Here she comes" release No.924 as the first release in September 64 and the "Twelfth of never" release No.933 wich was November 64. So two separate release numbers on one record ????? Its either a boot of the weed they were smoking at that pressing plant was stronger than I thought ? And is that dated as 1962 ?

Pete Smith..........please ???

The 1962 date, you mean the one printed on the label? Doesn't mean anything apart from the fact they copyrighted the label in that year.

Apart from that - don't ask me!

Social source share

• 3 years later...

My original west coast demo copy has a monarch stamp on it and the matrix puts it at 1964 - it has 12th of never on the flip (which is actually the the A side on the December 64 release)

The other demo is the original east coast release of "12th of never"

Thats my take on the ones we were looking at.

Yours would be a west cost demo of the september release if there was one .

I Reckon yours should be styrene and morarch stamped like the december release.

but the printing / font dosent look authentic to me.

but who knows, whats in the run out ?

Edited by dancecrasher
Social source share

PARKWAY_P-933-A_S-1.gif Delta # 54838

PARKWAY_P-933-B_S-1.gif Delta # 54132 - X

Still has the Delta # 54132-X from the previous release I assume.

I don't own the Malibu Release on a Monarch to check.

Definitely Unusual as normally would be like the one below - Same Delta # with "-X" for the B Side

CAMEO_C-375-A_S-1.gif Delta # 59086

CAMEO_C-375-B_S-1.gif Delta # 59086 - X

Social source share

PARKWAY_P-933-A_S-1.gif Delta # 54838

PARKWAY_P-933-B_S-1.gif Delta # 54132 - X

Still has the Delta # from the previous release I assume.

I don't own the Malibu Release on a Monarch to check.

Definitely Unusual as normally would be like the one below - Same Delta # with "-X" for the B Side

Delta # 59086

Delta # 59086 - X

That will be the west coast monarch styrene issue - the partner to my demo i suspect ?

the december west coast demo has the right number - the east coast december demo has the september release number for "here she comes" but correct for 12thh of never..........LOL

Edited by dancecrasher
Social source share

PARKWAY_P-933-B_S-1.gif

In brackets under the Time (45-P-924-B) Yet P-933 also on the label,

so the Printer was expecting it to my way of thinking.

yes the west coast 12th of never demo has the original number of HSC in brackets and the new number at the bottom -

I have been told the west coast Demo is actually quite rare ?

this thread is about 4 years old, funny how they pop up again, i remember reaserching the parkway discog

and the monarch numbering system. a great little tale of the 2 releases and the mispress

Edited by dancecrasher
Social source share

HI,

# TWELTH OF NEVER ( 933

JOE.

i've since been told this is an original release,

i'm told they were running short of money and were using up old lables that they had,

having a last fling before they went under,

joe.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

i've since been told this is an original release,

i'm told they were running short of money and were using up old lables that they had,

having a last fling before they went under,

joe.

totally, yours is the vinyl east coast DJ copy of "12th of never" - the december release

the east cost september release ( the one above) has "Malibu" on the flip

so we have 3 different demos - one east coast from september 64 and two (east and west) from december 64

the only demo we are missing here is the west coast september release - if there is one.

which is what the bootleg is made to look like.

we have the west coast december issue from roger

is there no monarch west coast september issue or demo ?

trainspotting at its best !

Edited by dancecrasher
Social source share

post-6695-0-77624900-1311524701_thumb.jppost-6695-0-60840600-1311524733_thumb.jp

On closer inspection it looks like the 'DJ copy, not for sale' and the 1962 cameo parkway records round the bottom edge of the lable seems to be added at a later or earlier time. Did they press just the lable first and the artist and song later on? answers needed on this please my friends, thank you

Steve

Social source share

• 4 years later...

I'm really glad you re-opened this thread. I got out my copy (which I always thought was legit) to compare it to yours and noticed a huge difference between your copy and mine. Now I'm having second thoughts about my copy. Can someone post the matrix details for a East Coast vinyl copy and remove this doubt ??  Thanks in advance  !!! 

tymes.jpg

Edited by the yank
2 pics
Social source share

Yes this is why I reopened the thread, there are so many  different copies of this and label designs it's really hard to know what's what.
I only bought mine yesterday and haven't got it yet, so can't post matrix numbers of mine yet. I will when I get it through though.
Strange that yours has no indication of whether it's a Promo/DJ copy, although it is a white label.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

5 hours ago, the yank said:

I'm really glad you re-opened this thread. I got out my copy (which I always thought was legit) to compare it to yours and noticed a huge difference between your copy and mine. Now I'm having second thoughts about my copy. Can someone post the matrix details for a East Coast vinyl copy and remove this doubt ??  Thanks in advance  !!! 

tymes.jpg

Hi, hasn't it got a Frankford & Wayne stamp in the runout grooves.

Dave

Social source share

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:37, JulianB said:

How about a cameo parkway test press? - surely rarer than the UK demo?

tymes.pdf

tymes2.pdf

Hi All Yes I agree the UK PYE test pressing is the rarest form that exists, I gave my copy to Mick Smith about 6 years ago along with all the top Cameo Parkway UK soul releases, the truth of the matter collectors of rare UK soul don't want them as such the price is low even for top records, test pressings sell for around £100 for the TYMES which is cheap as there are small in number, under 10. compared to the price of a DEMO £300+, this is just my opinion others may see test pressing as the crown jewels, they are only worth more if they have a unreleased take on them, the TYMES test press is the same as the issue. but II do agree it is the rarest.  

Social source share

Hi back again to try to sort out whether or not the one I have just purchased is a boot or an orig.
It is the USA Parkway Demo with 'Malibu' on the flip. On both sides there is a row of tiny dots or a stamp too small to read even with a jewelers loupe.
Scratched into the run out on the 'Here she comes' side is P924BR , and on the 'Malibu' side is P924 (AA scratched out) and then A-R-2.
Any ideas please? 

tymes1.jpg

tymes2.jpg

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

On 8/1/2007 at 20:09, JOE TORQUAY said:

HI,

# TWELTH OF NEVER ( 933

JOE.

post-5744-1185991709_thumb.jpg

post-5744-1185991723_thumb.jpg

As always it's in the run-out.

Social source share

• 7 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!