Luther Ingram Hib

Saw this yesterday and meant to check it out properly and now its gone. Is it real or is it a boot/reissue?

Reason I ask is its the only light green I have seen that had no "distributed by ATCO" under the Luther Ingram.

If it was kosher then not a bad deal for someone.

post-4585-1185990595_thumb.jpgpost-4585-1185990613_thumb.jpg

cheers Mark.

Edited by hold tight
Social source share

• Replies 76
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Funny this - Exus Trek is one my all time favourite records - but the vocal side, in my opinion, is somewhere between poor and average...

:rolleyes: I'm starting to get your sense of humour these days Pete :P

Luther_Ingram.mp3

For the 10000000000000 th Time, Luther Ingram. FANTASTIC IMO :shades:

Social source share

:rolleyes: I'm starting to get your sense of humour these days Pete :P

Luther_Ingram.mp3

For the 10000000000000 th Time, Luther Ingram. FANTASTIC IMO :shades:

But it wasn't a joke! I had that record in about 1975 and don't think I even heard the vocal until it came out on a compilation album in 1985. It was never played, ever. And I still wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. Well I would, but only the instrumental side, I'd probably throw a damp cloth over it.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

But it wasn't a joke! I had that record in about 1975 and don't think I even heard the vocal until it came out on a compilation album in 1985. It was never played, ever. And I still wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. Well I would, but only the instrumental side, I'd probably throw a damp cloth over it.

Another record cleaning experiment gone wrong then Pete? :shades:

Social source share

:rolleyes::P You had it in 1975 ........ Your never that old :shades:

Social source share

Pete,

I agree with you although I think it's our age! Exus Trek was a "monster track" long before the vocal emerged and then it was only of passing interest as a novelty vocal.

Mark, as you probably know by now - it was real!

John.

Social source share

Pete,

I agree with you although I think it's our age! Exus Trek was a "monster track" long before the vocal emerged and then it was only of passing interest as a novelty vocal.

Mark, as you probably know by now - it was real!

John.

Hello John,

hope all is well. Yeah I know now- B8ll8cks spring to mind on that one getting out of the way of my wallet. Never mind alway another one somewhere.

Just thought I better be safe than sorry as I am supposed to be on a buying amnesty! some chance.

will give you a bell towards the end of the week. MArk.

Social source share

Pictured above or below (because I'm hopeless at attaching piccies) is the extremely rare copy of the orange label press credited to Wylie not Wylia as is the 73 re-press, this has been verified by John Manship as probably the only known copy in existance and carrying a value of approx £750 and possibly more now, Luther Ingrams "Exus Trek" must come up for discussion on Soul Source a good 3 or 4 times a year but it is worth talking about as like Pete says the instrumental as against the vocal is probably the most significant instrumentals that introduced most of us to the great world of rare soul.

Regards

Alan

post-1227-1186004887_thumb.jpg

post-1227-1186004913_thumb.jpg

post-1227-1186004887_thumb.jpg

post-1227-1186004913_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Ok a few good months have passed since this thread was started, but i've just found it with the working search facility. Is this one attached real or boot.

As some know on here its a want, but only the orange, doubt i could afford or justify a 100% real one, not with a new baby on its way next year, have you seen the price of pushcairs / prams :lol: damn looks like i'll have to work all the weekends i can.

post-8665-1193505908_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Ok a few good months have passed since this thread was started, but i've just found it with the working search facility. Is this one attached real or boot.

As some know on here its a want, but only the orange, doubt i could afford or justify a 100% real one, not with a new baby on its way next year, have you seen the price of pushcairs / prams g.gif damn looks like i'll have to work all the weekends i can.

Boot!!

Social source share

Thought it may of been a boot, slightly different green the one at top. But its good to make sure from the people that know. Its on ebay now, 25 quid start price. A orange boot small text sold for nearly 40 last week. What i'm after is the orange with large text or a real cheap green original :wink:

Chris

Social source share

Thought it may of been a boot, slightly different green the one at top. But its good to make sure from the people that know. Its on ebay now, 25 quid start price. A orange boot small text sold for nearly 40 last week. What i'm after is the orange with large text or a real cheap green original wink.gif

Chris

Read a couple of previous posts,orange is £700 plus and you wont get a cheap real one.

Social source share

Still think the vocal is a waste of time and the instrumental is one of the best records ever made...by the way on that green copy, there should be an X in the run off and it needs to be raised, you'll know what I mean when you see it.

Instrumental is boring by comparison.

Social source share

Thought it may of been a boot, slightly different green the one at top. But its good to make sure from the people that know. Its on ebay now, 25 quid start price. A orange boot small text sold for nearly 40 last week. What i'm after is the orange with large text or a real cheap green original wink.gif

Chris

£25 start up for a boot??,ah well good luck.

Social source share

"I confess I'm in distress loneliness is getting me down"

Imortal lyrics, cherished even .. post-2216-1193511950.gif

It's just a filler to my ears Ian, must be my age - probably played 20 seconds of the vocal when I first got therecord in the 70's then didn't hear it again til 84 ish...it's just a scooterist track

Social source share

It's just a filler to my ears Ian, must be my age - probably played 20 seconds of the vocal when I first got therecord in the 70's then didn't hear it again til 84 ish...it's just a scooterist track

That's fair enough, it is a bit long in the tooth. Spose if you've been used to the instrumental version for years, it's understandable. But the instrumental is just a mindless stomper.

Shaky ground with the scooterist thing.

Social source share

:D Just trying to get my head round this, so basicaly, with regards to the vocal version, we are being asked to trust the ears of a bloke that records the X Factor ? :P:(

Like em both myself thumbsup.gif

Re first noticing it on a compilation around 85, i thought it was issued on one of the Grapevine LP's which would have been much earlier than 85 wouldn't it Pete ? End of the 70s ?

Social source share

by the way on that green copy, there should be an X in the run off and it needs to be raised, you'll know what I mean when you see it.

Could anyone clarify on this raised X further, i may see if i can swing round and have a look at this record.

Social source share

"I confess I'm in distress loneliness is getting me down"

Imortal lyrics, cherished even .. post-2216-1193511950.gif

Completely agree with this statement!

Even though I don't like your avatar Ian!!! (oh why oh why are you soooo much better than us... sad.gif )

BTW Chris..don't get the orange boot...it's terrible sound quality, the orange atco distrubted re-release is superb but I bet you're looking at least £50 for that.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

(One for another thread this) I know you're not, but the inference of "it's a scooterboy sound" suggests it's crap and they're leppers that couldn't possibly collect decent soul records, let alone discover any. That's why I though 'shaky ground etc', as this proves otherwise https://www.ravingmadrecords.co.uk/

Big deal, a scooter with some record labels owned by a bloke who probably never heard a Northern record til 1984, nice chap though he is.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!