Unexpected Live Turns

Citizen P

Jo' s enquiry about the Stevie Wonder Tour just got the old memory banks going,and called to mind the time back about 1977 when I was courting the young lady who was to become my wife.

We were out for a drink one Thusday night in The Rainy City(Manchester) and decided to go to Placemate,which for your information was the Club that took over the premises of The Twisted Wheel.

Anyway, we rolls up to pay us money and they ask for £1.50 each, "coo thats a bit stiff why?"

"Well there's a group on."

"Oh Shit(1977 remember) who?"

"Err somebody called Junior Walker"

Three Quid no problem and a great night had by all :D

Anybody owt similar?

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Jo' s enquiry about the Stevie Wonder Tour just got the old memory banks going,and called to mind the time back about 1977 when I was courting the young lady who was to become my wife.

We were out for a drink one Thusday night in The Rainy City(Manchester) and decided to go to Placemate,which for your information was the Club that took over the premises of The Twisted Wheel.

Anyway, we rolls up to pay us money and they ask for £1.50 each, "coo thats a bit stiff why?"

"Well there's a group on."

"Oh Shit(1977 remember) who?"

"Err somebody called Junior Walker"

Three Quid no problem and a great night had by all :D

Anybody owt similar?

Tony

link

I remember Little Stevie telling me of the time he saw the same artist Jr Walker in Leeds / Huddersfield - sometime in the early 80s - Think he said there were only a about 15 people there .

Im sure he'll be on later and could elaborate further ! :D

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

I remember Little Stevie telling me of the time he saw the same artist Jr Walker in Leeds / Huddersfield - sometime in the early 80s - Think hesaid there was only a boy 15 people there .

Im sure he'll be on later and could elaborate further ! :D

link

I saw that mad crack head playing the guitar on market street, swinging it over his head.

That was quite unexpected.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Not soul related, but i used to go to lots of live gigs. Got into following certain bands, doing whole tours, and even a little roadieing.

I had been working so was suited and booted. Nice new number 2 haircut etc etc.

Had a few after work and Walked thru Camden, as I passed the Jazz Cafe I saw a sign saying 'Red Sky Coven'. I used to go to watch New Model Army, so couldnt miss this. I walked in and the place was wall to wall crusties.

Justin was playing and the whole room turned to see the guy in the suit. Justin looked at shouted "GIBBO, you ###ing tart. Where's yer hair gone?".

Had an absolutely blinding night. The P extracted constantly, but fantastic meeting up with guys who i hadnt seen for years. not since I had hair 2/3rds way down my back.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I saw that mad crack head playing the guitar on market street, swinging it over his head.

That was quite unexpected.

link

I know the chap you're on about - He's off his rocker :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!