Hull Soul Club Friday 3rd August

Hi all. Big thanks to all of you who made the journey to Hull,hope you enjoyed it & will come again.Big thanks to our guest Mike Kemp who played some great tunes.

Next one September 14th our 7th anniversary with guest DJ GINGER TAYLOR.

Cheers Daryl

www.hullsoulclub.com

post-5844-1186259547_thumb.jpg

post-5844-1186259659_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hey Darryl your place was the start of my Big Adventure Weekend which ended at 3am Monday morning but you can read about that elsewhere :D but lets start with the Hull Soul Club.

You Hullies that know me know I've always said "The only good thing to come out of Hull is the M62!", well I take it back, YES Mr Bird you heard correctly, I take it back!!!! For once I was allowed out to play on my own, so together with my chaperones for the evening, Jonah, Rachel & Keni , off we trot to "The Trades & Labour". The place was quiet busy when we got there & a lot of familiar faces to boot; The lovely Catherine on the door,Paul, Kate & Karl, Jan, Diane, Gibbo & Sue,Col & Chell, Martyn & Lynne, Trev Hare, Karen (Pale & Interesting), Gainey with family & friends but without Professor Plum (in the library with the crowbar?) & a multitude of others, some no doubt I've forgotten & to whom I apologise. blush.gif

Now the serious stuff, MUSIC & DANCE, well the floor was busy from the minute we arrived & never wilted the whole night, the atmosphere was fun & happy & together with friends I danced my little socks off (SMOKING I was, now stop laughing Karl.). Now I know the guest Dj was Mike Kemp but I can't honestly remember when he was on but only because I was engrossed in chatting or dance & enjoying myself. I do remember Darryl playing a nice spot & also Hull's answer to Oliver Reed (Gainey) playing a few nice tunes, although God knows how you old lush?? beer.gif

Before I knew it Sargent Major Jonah had deployed Corporal Rachel to muster the troops back to barracks, so after lots of air kisses etc it was home to beddie by's. I think this will become a regular pilgrimage to worship at the altar of Mr Bird & Co, so see you all next time. :wave:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :P

Edited by spot

Hey Darryl your place was the start of my Big Adventure Weekend which ended at 3am Monday morning but you can read about that elsewhere :P but lets start with the Hull Soul Club.

You Hullies that know me know I've always said "The only good thing to come out of Hull is the M62!", well I take it back, YES Mr Bird you heard correctly, I take it back!!!! For once I was allowed out to play on my own, so together with my chaperones for the evening, Jonah, Rachel & Keni , off we trot to "The Trades & Labour". The place was quiet busy when we got there & a lot of familiar faces to boot; The lovely Catherine on the door,Paul, Kate & Karl, Jan, Diane, Gibbo & Sue,Col & Chell, Martyn & Lynne, Trev Hare, Karen (Pale & Interesting), Gainey with family & friends but without Professor Plum (in the library with the crowbar?) & a multitude of others, some no doubt I've forgotten & to whom I apologise. :rolleyes:

Now the serious stuff, MUSIC & DANCE, well the floor was busy from the minute we arrived & never wilted the whole night, the atmosphere was fun & happy & together with friends I danced my little socks off (SMOKING I was, now stop laughing Karl.). Now I know the guest Dj was Mike Kemp but I can't honestly remember when he was on but only because I was engrossed in chatting or dance & enjoying myself. I do remember Darryl playing a nice spot & also Hull's answer to Oliver Reed (Gainey) playing a few nice tunes, although God knows how you old lush?? :D

Before I knew it Sargent Major Jonah had deployed Corporal Rachel to muster the troops back to barracks, so after lots of air kisses etc it was home to beddie by's. I think this will become a regular pilgrimage to worship at the altar of Mr Bird & Co, so see you all next time. :ohmy:

Young Spot

You are just too kind,fancy there been two good things to come out of Hull now......who would ever believed it. rolleyes.gif It certainly was a packer & from where I was stood everyone seemed to having a brilliant time.It's good to hear you had your dancing shoes with you as we try to cover most bases throughout the night which on most occasion I think we manage.So get yourself in early at the Anniversary in September as there's a free Hull Soul Club CD for the first 50 soulies through the door but hopefully I'll see you before then.

Take care.

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

Hey Darryl your place was the start of my Big Adventure Weekend which ended at 3am Monday morning but you can read about that elsewhere :P but lets start with the Hull Soul Club.

You Hullies that know me know I've always said "The only good thing to come out of Hull is the M62!", well I take it back, YES Mr Bird you heard correctly, I take it back!!!! For once I was allowed out to play on my own, so together with my chaperones for the evening, Jonah, Rachel & Keni , off we trot to "The Trades & Labour". The place was quiet busy when we got there & a lot of familiar faces to boot; The lovely Catherine on the door,Paul, Kate & Karl, Jan, Diane, Gibbo & Sue,Col & Chell, Martyn & Lynne, Trev Hare, Karen (Pale & Interesting), Gainey with family & friends but without Professor Plum (in the library with the crowbar?) & a multitude of others, some no doubt I've forgotten & to whom I apologise. :rolleyes:

Now the serious stuff, MUSIC & DANCE, well the floor was busy from the minute we arrived & never wilted the whole night, the atmosphere was fun & happy & together with friends I danced my little socks off (SMOKING I was, now stop laughing Karl.). Now I know the guest Dj was Mike Kemp but I can't honestly remember when he was on but only because I was engrossed in chatting or dance & enjoying myself. I do remember Darryl playing a nice spot & also Hull's answer to Oliver Reed (Gainey) playing a few nice tunes, although God knows how you old lush?? :D

Before I knew it Sargent Major Jonah had deployed Corporal Rachel to muster the troops back to barracks, so after lots of air kisses etc it was home to beddie by's. I think this will become a regular pilgrimage to worship at the altar of Mr Bird & Co, so see you all next time. :ohmy:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. shades.gif

Hi Spot glad you enjoyed yourself for the start of your big weekend. nice to see you Keni, Jonah & Rachel,You forgot to mention Hull city as a good thing out of Hull. Hope to see you around before our 7th Anniversry do on 14th Sept.

Cheers Daryl

www.hullsoulclub.com

was a enjoyable busy nite full of outta towners

don,t forget the modern do @ Darleys 7th September

www.myspace.com/lomotey_aka_kofidee

week before the 7year hull soul club do!!

keep on truckin

nice do Martin Darly etc

Guest Biggie G

Just have to mirror what has already been said. Me, Jan and Vic had a great night, really enjoyed the atmosphere, people, music and Jan in particular the cheap bar. :thumbsup: (I was driving!). The lads have really got it right with this venue and music policy. Plus the best smoking area of any do I've been to, as your still almost in the room and can hear everything.

Cheers

Gareth and Janice

Just have to mirror what has already been said. Me, Jan and Vic had a great night, really enjoyed the atmosphere, people, music and Jan in particular the cheap bar. :) (I was driving!). The lads have really got it right with this venue and music policy. Plus the best smoking area of any do I've been to, as your still almost in the room and can hear everything.

Cheers

Gareth and Janice

Hi Gareth & Janice nice to see you glad you enjoyed it. Hope you can make it on the 14th Sept or might bump in to you at Donny or Wilton. Cheers Daryl

Just have to mirror what has already been said. Me, Jan and Vic had a great night, really enjoyed the atmosphere, people, music and Jan in particular the cheap bar. :thumbsup: (I was driving!). The lads have really got it right with this venue and music policy. Plus the best smoking area of any do I've been to, as your still almost in the room and can hear everything.

Cheers

Gareth and Janice

Gareth

Glad you both had a great time,thought I saw Jan with a smile on her face everytime you came away from the

bar :boxing: .Get yourself's in early in September as it looks like it's gonna be a packer.

Cheers

Martyn

PS By then Man U will probably be bottom :thumbup::huh:

• 2 weeks later...