Real Ale, Real Soul, Real People

It's that time again - the August Bank Holiday Sunday get together.

Wellington Arms,

Wellington Street

Bedford.

5pm - 12

Geoff Ware and The Usual Rejects

Real Beer, Real Soul, Real People

Motown/NS/RnB

Mixed crowd so across the board but a good chance to catch up and find out who's bought what, bin where and what's hapenning in the future.

QoF

xx

Edited by chrissie
  • Replies 28
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Chrissieo (why the name change ?)..Is this event got somthing to do with your birthday weekend ? or is it just an excuse for getting bladderd yet again tongue.gif .

Not sure on what Me & Mandy are up to yet but we would like to attend the Welly..

Hi Chrissieo (why the name change ?)..Is this event got somthing to do with your birthday weekend ? or is it just an excuse for getting bladderd yet again :D .

Not sure on what Me & Mandy are up to yet but we would like to attend the Welly..

Yes, this is the annual official birthday kick off biggrin.gif the birthday is a little extended this year as the bank holiday is a little early, so we kick off at the welli on 26th and finish at the Ath on the 7th Sept with Llandudno on the 31st in between hopefully. :D

The "o" was begining to irritate me and if Simsy can finally grow up and become Ian Sims I thought maybe I would give it a try. ohmy.gif

Have changed the times above as was told today we are kicking off at 5pm not 6pm

QoFxx

• 2 weeks later...

Look forward to seeing you Master and your little box of salsa records :huh:

Are you bringing Mr Bennett?

QoFxx

Yes, pete will be joining us.....we are getting the train up and should be in Bedford by 2ish...so will be able to have Sunday lunch ...with white cabbage.!!!!

Geoff Ware and The Usual Rejects

Motown/NS/RnB

Mixed crowd so across the board but a good chance to catch up and find out who's bought what, bin where and what's hapenning in the future.

QoF

xx

Geoff assures me that the Rejects aren't some unsold 45s off ebay or a 60s tribute band, but as it stands at the moment its looking like

(The Welli's own "Viet Gwent")

The Bedford Ath Front Row

Geoff Ware

Hammie

Pete Hulatt

by special request of the local Salsa crowd biggrin.gif

Rbman

And the Disco Divas

John & Steve

and anyone else they can drag in off the street who is still sober..................ish. :unsure:beer.gifbeer.gif

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Geoff assures me that the Rejects aren't some unsold 45s off ebay or a 60s tribute band, but as it stands at the moment its looking like

Geoff Ware

Hammie

Pete Hulatt

by special request of the local Salsa crowd biggrin.gif

Rbman

And the Disco Divas

John & Steve

and anyone else they can drag in off the street who is still sober..................ish. :D:Dbeer.gif

QoFxx

I've got some wonderful new tunes to keep the jivers happy :thumbsup: .......Rock & Roll Rocks OK

Geoff Ware

Hammie

Pete Hulatt

by special request of the local Salsa crowd :D

Rbman

And the Disco Divas

John & Steve

and anyone else they can drag in off the street who is still sober..................ish. beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

QoFxx

have areally great day all you lot, sorry cant make it, one day i will suprise you chrissie, :rolleyes: and dont drink your self frunk!I mean drunk :lol:

Big thanks to Geoff, Hammie, Pete and Martin(Rbman) for again making my Birthday bash very special. Thanks to Pete Bennet also for travelling up from London and for him and Martin buying me lunch :thumbsup:

And as Richard Bach writes in his book "the reluctant messiah"

Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

And I have chosen to enjoy them all :thumbsup:

Have posted up a few photies in the gallery.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Big thanks to Geoff, Hammie, Pete and Martin(Rbman) for again making my Birthday bash very special. Thanks to Pete Bennet also for travelling up from London and for him and Martin buying me lunch :thumbsup:

And as Richard Bach writes in his book "the reluctant messiah"

Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

And I have chosen to enjoy them all :thumbsup:

Have posted up a few photies in the gallery.

QoFxx

Hey happy belated birthday Chrissie. We were up at Burton on Trent playing some "disco" as you'd call it :thumbsup: Glad you had a good night. When's the next "Ath" please?

Hey happy belated birthday Chrissie. We were up at Burton on Trent playing some "disco" as you'd call it :thumbsup: Glad you had a good night. When's the next "Ath" please?

The birthday greetings aren't belated as it's not till Wednesday :thumbup:

Next Ath is 7th Sept and you will be all right for some DIsco as Taffy is DJing :unsure: . You better be there for a couple of glasses of summut :thumbsup: as we will be rounding off the Brithday celebration millakies. My Birthdays keep getting longer started on Sat at Holmes Chappel and not finishing till the Ath with Llandudno in between next Friday :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

I thought i'd jump in on this one Steve,as Chrissie(o) will still no doubt be pickled :thumbsup: .

The next Bedford Ath is Friday 7th Semptember (Dave Welding & Taffy) guests..

see you there Steve,how did Burton go ? well i would assume with you being on bet you played a blinder again.......

I thought i'd jump in on this one Steve,as Chrissie(o) will still no doubt be pickled :unsure: .

see you there Steve,how did Burton go ? well i would assume with you being on bet you played a blinder again.......

PICKLED :thumbsup: Well perhaps that's why I am so well preserved for my age :thumbsup: , mind you I do feel a little delicate today :thumbsup:

See you on the 7th.

QoFxx

CREEP :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Not creeping my dear just giving praise to a DJ who deserves it !!!!!

When is your birthday and DONT say everyday(bank balance wont go that far sweetie)

see you on the 7th then..

I thought i'd jump in on this one Steve,as Chrissie(o) will still no doubt be pickled :unsure: .

Hi Toby - Burton was good - numbers down a bit, but I think they were everywhere...the 70s room was good though and we all enjoyed ourselves....will do a full review when the sun goes down. :thumbsup:

Chrissie as to the "Creep" comment any more insulting comments to my friends and I shall personally "extract" "Geni" from my playbox and file it away again on the shelf :thumbsup:: :thumbsup: See you on the 7th. Steve

Chrissie as to the "Creep" comment any more insulting comments to my friends and I shall personally "extract" "Geni" from my playbox and file it away again on the shelf :unsure: : :thumbsup: See you on the 7th. Steve

:thumbup::( Sorry :(:(

Pete actually played it last night, I was in the garden having a fag and boring the pants off some unsuspecting drinkers, think they thought I had gone nuts when I slammed my drink on the table, stubbed a half smoked ciggy out and dashed inside to dance.........think I would of been in trouble if I hadn't after all the nagging I have given him to play it :thumbsup:

QoF

PS One moan about about last night :thumbsup: how can all four DJs forget to bring my signature tune QoF to my Birthday bash :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup: Sorry :(:(

Pete actually played it last night, I was in the garden having a fag and boring the pants off some unsuspecting drinkers, think they thought I had gone nuts when I slammed my drink on the table, stubbed a half smoked ciggy out and dashed inside to dance.........think I would of been in trouble if I hadn't after all the nagging I have given him to play it :thumbsup:

QoF

PS One moan about about last night :thumbsup: how can all four DJs forget to bring my signature tune QoF to my Birthday bash :thumbsup:

Ha ha....

I can just imagine it Chrissie....at a collector (DJ 2's) house somewhere near Bedford.....

DJ 1"You taking "Queen of fools"?

DJ 2 "Nope"

DJ 1 "Go on....."

DJ 2 "No you take it"

DJ 1 "No YOU take it"

DJ 2 (sarcastically) "Please!"

DJ 1 "Please can you take it"

DJ 2 "No"

DJs 3 and 4 enter stage left - DJ 3 blatantly smoking a cigarette in contravention of the smoking laws and carrying his silver record box

DJ 1 "Can you take Queen of fools?"

DJ 3 "Sold it for £20 years ago"

DJ 4 hears the conversation and shuffles off stage left quickly before being asked. :unsure:

Ha ha....

I can just imagine it Chrissie....at a collector (DJ 2's) house somewhere near Bedford.....

DJ 2 "Nope"

DJ 1 "Go on....."

DJ 2 "No you take it"

DJ 1 "No YOU take it"

DJ 2 "No"

DJs 3 and 4 enter stage left - DJ 3 blatantly smoking a cigarette in contravention of the smoking laws and carrying his silver record box

DJ 4 hears the conversation and shuffles off stage left quickly before being asked. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

QoFxx

Ha ha....

DJ 2 "Nope"

DJ 1 "Go on....."

DJ 2 "No you take it"

DJ 1 "No YOU take it"

DJ 2 "No"

DJ 4 hears the conversation and shuffles off stage left quickly before being asked. :lol:

Something like this Steve

https://www.grapheine.com/classiktv/classik...ay.php?id=56936

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

QoFxx

Source Advert