Ella Washington

On another site I just posted a link to Geater Davis to let someone who hadn't heard him have a listen. I then wanted to give him a link to a similarly Southern sounding female vocal from the same period and studios in the shape of the incomparable Ella Washington. So far I haven't found any links to sound files other than stupid 3 second samples that don't do her justice at all.

Could any of the deep soul connoiseurs such as Garethx help me out with a sound file or two or a link to one?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for that Jazzyjas! That was not actually the kind of Ella Washington that I was after. I was looking for the earlier, slower sound. But I love that sound you put up! I think that must be Reggie Young on guitar. What a powerhouse of a record. Southern and Northern at the same time.

link

Billy, here's one from Ella it's the flip to her Octavia / Atlantic disc, "Bye Bye Baby"

Apowerful ballad "The Grass Always Seems Greener".... any good for ya?

steve

Social source share

On another site I just posted a link to Geater Davis to let someone who hadn't heard him have a listen. I then wanted to give  him a link to a similarly Southern sounding female vocal from the same period and studios in the shape of the incomparable Ella Washington. So far I haven't found any links to sound files other than stupid 3 second samples that don't do her justice at all.

Could any of the deep soul connoiseurs such as Garethx help me out with a sound file or two or a link to one?

link

I've got quite a lot of Ella's output Billy , send me your address , and I'll do you a tape of her sides ." It must be love " on SS7 is a real fave of mine .Best ,Eddie .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!