Records Ready For A Second Go On The Scene

• Replies 163
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

great idea ken a "FORGOTTEN" oldies allnighter, seeing as he started this topic we'll have it in bicknells living room, it'll be great, and all the jelly we can eat

Not having any of you lot round my house, it will be worse than my lads birthday party Saturday, will be jelly and God knows what all up the walls and everywhere sod that! on the other hand it might be a nice idea and with the suggestions so far the music would be pretty good...may even get Kenny DJ'ing after his jelly of course...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

great idea ken a "FORGOTTEN" oldies allnighter, seeing as he started this topic we'll have it in bicknells living room, it'll be great, and all the jelly we can eat

Sound like a good idea,you`ll have set your stall outside as there wont be room inside rolleyes.gif who`s organising the jelly? :ohmy:

Social source share

Not having any of you lot round my house, it will be worse than my lads birthday party Saturday, will be jelly and God knows what all up the walls and everywhere sod that! on the other hand it might be a nice idea and with the suggestions so far the music would be pretty good...may even get Kenny DJ'ing after his jelly of course...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

ok, we'll have it at kens then, just thought of another one..... clydie king - he always comes back to me - imperial,

Social source share

Dare i be so bold as to nominate the following. I've never even looked at it for decades and after playing it earlier today i'm on the brink of wearing it out.

The Emotions - I can't stand no more heartaches - Brainstorm

Cheap as chips too

gary

:rolleyes:

I have that, I was going to sell it, but could not really make my mind up, its a great tune!!!there loads of underplayed stuff, I found loads, even some woody does not know, theres a wealth of tunes out there, as somebody said before, you have to look, and they really should be played, dee dee sharpe, standing in the need of love, dont get to hear it that often now, overshadowed by the other stuff, and its not that expensive, great lady great singer.

Social source share

I have that, I was going to sell it, but could not really make my mind up, its a great tune!!!there loads of underplayed stuff, I found loads, even some woody does not know, theres a wealth of tunes out there, as somebody said before, you have to look, and they really should be played, dee dee sharpe, standing in the need of love, dont get to hear it that often now, overshadowed by the other stuff, and its not that expensive, great lady great singer.

I agree, for me there's a great deal of fun to be had scouring the earth for underplayed/under valued gems since I've started collecting again in the last year. The Emotions is a good example of this (even though I've had it for years).

gary

Social source share

Willie Hutch - Your Love Has Made Me A Man. Fantabulous!!! Heading towards my playbox for York this Saturday this very moment............... Nice thread Mark........

Steve, nice to share stuff like this, i think it helps to inspire and get's the thinking caps on...oh and by the way you guys ain't got nothing to worry about over there in York, checked your playlists on the website....awesome pal.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

As the debate continues here and on the scene about what records are over played as I've been sorting through a few bits to sell off, swap, trade or whatever I've become aware of a few tunes which I've not played in ages perhaps a few years either on the show or out and about at the gigs, I think you tend to keep hold of certain records that hold that special quality and magic perhaps for those rainy days and it would seem to be pissing down with the present comments and mood on music policy issues at some venues, one such tune I've just played upstairs is Tommy Bush - I Don't Like It (But I Love You) - Rika.....perhaps not played that much anymore because it's a bloody rare record, a very popular tune way back and I seem to remember it getting bootlegged? no matter not heard it in years anywhere? Northern R'n'B crossover of the highest order before we used the R'n'B tag lol, certainly up there with Little Richie, Mickie Champion etc. and others in that style there must be scores of records like this waiting for a second wind??????? or is Tommy Bush and it's like also old hat?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Forgive my ignorance but where was this Tommy Bush played originally? Stafford I'll bet?

Went to the first two with my pal Frank Jackson but I emigrated to Canada thereafter so, unfortunately for me, Stafford is a complete mystery to me, other than the memory of that huge pile of Okeh issues and Demos at between 50p and £2 each that me and Frank bought from a guy literally out of his brown leather suitcase the second night we attended.

Social source share

Forgive my ignorance but where was this Tommy Bush played originally? Stafford I'll bet?

Went to the first two with my pal Frank Jackson but I emigrated to Canada thereafter so, unfortunately for me, Stafford is a complete mystery to me, other than the memory of that huge pile of Okeh issues and Demos at between 50p and £2 each that me and Frank bought from a guy literally out of his brown leather suitcase the second night we attended.

Pre Stafford for sure, Wigan? 1976ish at a guess.....where's Pete Smith or Mr Massey when you need them?

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Steve, nice to share stuff like this, i think it helps to inspire and get's the thinking caps on...oh and by the way you guys ain't got nothing to worry about over there in York, checked your playlists on the website....awesome pal.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Aye your right Mark, good to get the brain cells stimulated (I'm more used to destroying them!!). Last one from me for the night before I ascend the wooden hill........... The Styles - Baby You're Alive. :rolleyes: Another one rescued and heading playbox-wards, thanks to this thread. Cheers!

Steve

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Willie Kendrick - You can't by pass love/Give me lots of lovin' - RCA Victor

Gary

top choice what geart tune

Social source share

Willie Kendrick - You can't by pass love/Give me lots of lovin' - RCA Victor

Played You cant bypass love at the Marrs bar on Saturday and it sounded great loud. Wonderful flip in Give me lots of lovin'. Far superior to Change your ways and a lot cheaper too!

Social source share

Played You cant bypass love at the Marrs bar on Saturday and it sounded great loud. Wonderful flip in Give me lots of lovin'. Far superior to Change your ways and a lot cheaper too!

Sounded great as well.

Pied Piper production and Joe Hunter arrangement, nuff said.

Social source share

Yes, I agree. Two great sides. Don't know what it goes for these days but a fraction of the price of THAT other tune!!

Gary

Social source share

Yes, I agree. Two great sides. Don't know what it goes for these days but a fraction of the price of THAT other tune!!

Gary

Mines on a RCA white label promo which I would guess is more common than an issue but I would say at between £30 - £50 maybe ??

Social source share

Bugger me Steve Mochan....how the devil are you mate? long time no see....now here's a man with taste.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

LOL Not to bad thanks mate ive been buying again :rolleyes:

I just cant bloody stop can I.

And my addition is Tommy Turner Lazy Elbam.(Brilliant)

Edited by stevemochan
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Good thread this...lol oh bugger I started it did'nt I?.................. Just been messing about with a few records and bang! The New Wanderers - This Man In Love - Ready sounded as good as it did all those years ago...followed by The Millionaires - You've Got To Love Your Baby - Castle....proper Northern!

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

The New Wanderers, I played it Sat just gone in The Civic Deeside (fantastic) :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!