Lifeline 1st Anniversary

• Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lifeline 1st anniversary its going to be a biggen Chalky your not on the DJ list I thought you were on it last week,if you are on it,looking forward to listen to your sounds as I heard you can quite easily come UK residental northern DJ.

Billy :)

link

I'm definately on Billy, will be opening proceedings :shades: Carl Fortnum is the guest.

Gotta agree Billy, reckon it will be a packer :)

Any Soul Sourcerers going?

Guest Johnny One Trout

Oh i think we may just take a little trip ooop north to the Soul Hutch with a little stop off at Great Moor on the way see you there Chalkster :)

I'm definately on Billy, will be opening proceedings  :)   Carl Fortnum is the guest.

Gotta agree Billy, reckon it will be a packer  :shades:

link

--------------------------------

Should be at this one Chalky as it fits nicely into the niter every other week that we seem to be able to manage at the moment.

Just hope I can get rid of this stinking cold!

Gaye

I'm definately on Billy, will be opening proceedings  :)   Carl Fortnum is the guest.

Gotta agree Billy, reckon it will be a packer  :thumbsup:

link

Not too much billy we hope!!your on you know?i`ll be there,car permit`n,good luck chalkie,well i think your on?youve got headliner`s(laua)that will do me!or am i wrong about that too?.yours Backdoor-ken 100club

Not too much billy we hope!!your on you know?i`ll be there,car permit`n,good luck chalkie,well i think your on?youve got headliner`s(laua)that will do me!or am i wrong about that too?.yours Backdoor-ken 100club

link

Hi Kenny, that sounds a bit american! Even though I'm half English half irish. I heard the 100 club was good, I had to miss it, circumsision on the third leg!

Hope you try and make lifeline, if not see you in the near future. Your no1 fan Billy!!

No no2 Alison is my no1!

link

Not too much billy :D:ohmy:

Not got Headlines anymore Kenny, getting married saw the demise of that and my (1st) collection :huh: See ya there mate thumbsup.gif

A capacity crowd from all points of the country (including a few from over the border) braved the cold, both inside and out whistling.gif to make the first anniversary a cracking night. The music has been probably the best in the country IMO for upfront 60's and 70's rare soul, forgotten and quality oldies and lesser knowns, both rare and cheap and last night proved no different :thumbsup:

Still going strong when we left at 8 am.

Will try and remember what I spun later and hopefully will get some plays of the other DJs.

Edited by chalky

hi all, just got up after a mega night at the lifeline, top night had by all i think, music policy spot on ,the night got better and better as it went on, what more can you say,top music top venue, be it a little cold inside when we first got in but soon warmed up keep it going lifeline untill the next on mr j.p.

hi all, just got up after a mega night at the lifeline, top night had by all i think, music policy spot on ,the night got better and better as it went on, what more can you say,top music ,top venue, be it a little cold inside when we first got in ,but soon warmed up . keep it going lifeline ,untill the next one , mr j.p..

A capacity crowd from all points of the country (including a few from over the border) braved the cold, both inside and out  whistling.gif to make the first anniversary a cracking night.  The music has been probably the best in the country IMO for upfront 60's and 70's rare soul, forgotten and quality oldies and lesser knowns, both rare and cheap and last night proved no different :thumbsup:

Will try and remember what I spun later and hopefully will get some plays of the other DJs.

link

congrats guys, and here's to many more anniversaries to come

:wicked:

Here's what I played, think they are all there thumbsup.gif Not in order though :thumbsup:

Freddie Gorman - Can't Get You Out Of My Mind - Ric Tic

Dee & Joe - Who Is It Gonna Be - Jubilee

Bobby Patterson - Till you Give In - Jetstar

Tribulations - You Gave Me Up For Promises - Imperial

Ozz & Spurlings - Somebody To Love - MIOB

Eddie And Ernie - Outcast - Eastern

King George - I'm Gonna Be Somebody Someday - RCA

Royal Premiers - I Can Make It If I Try - MBS

Just Rita - Best Thing You Ever Had - Barrington

Don Wyatt - I've Got Myself To Blame - Garpax

Furys - What Is Soul - Mack IV

Winfield Parker - Sweet Little Girl - Ru-Jac

Willie Parker - Salute To Lovers - M-Pac

The Larks - For The Love Of Money - Arock

Benny Latimore - Girl I Got News For You - Dade

Soul City - I Shot For The Moon - Mercury

Attractions - Why Shouldn't A Man Cry - Bell

Frankie Newsome - Coming On Strong, Staying Long - Sagport

Neil Brown - If By Chance - Chart Sound

Bill Sampson - Stronger And Wronger

Willie Walker - Jerk It With Soul - Taste

Oliver Norman - Drowning In My Own Despair - Decca

Survivors - Good Baby - Valli

Syng McGowan - Just InThe Nick Of Time

Edited by chalky

thumbsup.gif would just like to say a top night and what great music.

dolly, jane, molly and tracy want to thank the lifeline boys for a truly excellent night. it was damn cold but great to see so many friends.

thanks to mick and butch great spots as always two of the best dee jays.

thanks again

molly tracy dolly and jane.

thumbsup.gif would just like to say a top night and what great music.

dolly, jane, molly and tracy want to thank the lifeline boys for a truly excellent night. it was damn cold but great to see so many friends.

thanks to mick and butch great spots as always two of the best dee jays.

thanks again

molly tracy dolly and jane.

link

Glad the long journey was worth it :thumbsup: See you all next time :wicked:

Thanks to the Lifeline crew for an excellent night - you are all to blame for how washed out I feel today  :wicked:   :D

Great spots throughout, relaxed and happy atmosphere, this is a promotion that continues to tick all the boxes and provides the very best mix of music.

Love it  thumbsup.gif

link

:D Know how you feel :thumbsup:

Keep saying that it just gets better with every night, some great sets from the DJ's, especially Butch who finished up doing two hours :lol:

Thanks to the Lifeline crew for an excellent night - you are all to blame for how washed out I feel today  thumbsup.gif   :wicked:

Great spots throughout, relaxed and happy atmosphere, this is a promotion that continues to tick all the boxes and provides the very best mix of music.

Love it  :thumbsup:

link

Totally agree with you Alison great night,northern scene is changing never had a pair of knickers trown at me on the dance floor LOL I know there not jamie he came in later,thanks again lifeline for a great night.

Cheers Billy :lol:

Totally agree with you Alison great night,northern scene is changing never had a pair of knickers trown at me on the dance floor LOL I know there not jamie he came in later,thanks again lifeline for a great night.

Cheers Billy thumbsup.gif

link

Should have introduced yourself Billy.

Glad you all had a good night.

hi all,  just got up after a mega night at the lifeline, top night had by all i think, music policy spot on ,the night got better and better as it went on, what more can you say,top music  ,top venue, be it a little cold inside when we first got in ,but soon warmed up . keep it going lifeline ,untill the next one , mr j.p..

link

Had a great night, top tunes, great atmosphere

No played out shite, restored my faith in the music (as always)

thanks to all concerned, hope there are many more

cheers

Paul thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif im still standing ,had a fantastic night at lifeline ,only one problem i had such a good time i did not want it to end.finally got dragged out kicking and screaming about 9am.mick h final spot kept going well over his announced last three and then last three and then last two,well done mick for your stamina,it was along night for you and mandy,wendy setting out at 6.30.can,t fault you.must say though was not to impressed with the new look sheridans(rave look) mainly because we lost our usual seating area.now taken over by humungus speakers.but the sound was brill not to mention what was being played.applause to all the d.js wicked.any suggestions on how i can get to sleep will be most appreciated now heading for hour number 41:sleep3: i wish

A capacity crowd from all points of the country (including a few from over the border) braved the cold, both inside and out  :wicked: to make the first anniversary a cracking night.  The music has been probably the best in the country IMO for upfront 60's and 70's rare soul, forgotten and quality oldies and lesser knowns, both rare and cheap and last night proved no different :thumbsup:

link

thumbsup.gif im still standing ,had a fantastic night at lifeline ,only one problem i had such a good time i did not want it to end.finally got dragged out kicking and screaming about 9am.mick h final spot kept going well over his announced last three and then last three and then last two,well done mick for your stamina,it was along night for you and mandy,wendy setting out at 6.30.can,t fault you.must say though was not to impressed with the new look sheridans(rave look) mainly because we lost our usual seating area.now taken over by humungus speakers.but the sound was brill not to mention what was being played.applause to all the d.js wicked.any suggestions on how i can get to sleep will be most appreciated now heading for hour number 41:sleep3: i wish

link

Haven't a clue where the tables and chairs went :thumbsup:

If you get any decent suggestions about sleep let me know :wicked::lol:

Guest James Trouble

Fantastic night, well worth the 500 mile round trip!

Record of the night for me was the funk 45 by J Mitchell. :sleep3:

And that 2 plus 2 just gets better and better. You never know, there may be full dance floor to it in a few more months of hammering it. Keep it up Butch and Mick, the masses will see the light eventually!!!!!! :)

Edited by James Trouble

Twas a great night.

Good to see such a happy bunch of peoples when I turned up about 2:00.

I was pleased that they managed to play Hamilton Movement twice for you James :D

The music is nothing short of brilliant. It only makes me sad though, because I know I'll never own half the stuff that gets played there - unless I kill you all and accidentally brutally cut your heads off in a freak shaving accident :sleep3:

Good to meet Hammy, finally put a face to the name. Just out of interest, did you use the AutoRoute map or the Collins one? :)

We're getting spoilt at the moment, keep it up!

Dic

Edited by Jamie
Guest James Trouble

I was pleased that they managed to play Hamilton Movement twice for you James :sleep3:

link

Grrrr. That record has been killed!!!!!! :angry:

IMHBVCO :)

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

500 mile round trip, how many time's did you get lost then?  :)

link

Ok, 460 miles. But near enough. Stop your cheek sis' or else I won't be nice to Blodwyn anymore. :sleep3:

Cliff Steele's set, he has one of the hardest set's with his second set, stuck inbetween Butch and Sam but he never fails to impress, great stuff ranting_1.gif

Here's Cliff's set, his second set, following Butch and preceding Sam is enough to give any DJ the jitters but Cliff certainly doesn't worry about it, in fact I think he relishes the challenge, certainly did a great set.

Sharon Jones & Jonesettes Crush On You C/U

Debonettes I Wanna Be Loved And Needed C/U

Albert Jones Up To The Sun Bump Shop

Three Jades Makes My World Go Round Maurci

Marsha & Delwands No Hope, No Faith Zudan

Falcons Has It Happened To You Yet Lupine

Winstons Ain't Nothing Like A Little Lovin' Curtom

Claude Baby Huey Drifting MIOB

Benny Harper My Prayer Harper Soul

Earles Everybody's Got Somebody Tee-Ti

Mixed Emotions Gold Of My Life Rock-Way

Delegates Of Soul I'll Come Running Back Up Look

Harry Moon Woman's Man Jenges

Jerry Washington Don't Waste My Time Glades

Eugene Smiley Yes, It's You Girl K-City

Clyde Milton I'd Rather Leave On My Feet Disco Tac

Barrett Strong Is It True Capitol

Target Give Me One More Chance Kama

Masqueraders How Big Is Big Bell

Differences Five Minutes Mon'ca

Out Of Sights For The Rest Of My Life Saru

Pat & Blenders Just Because Fast Eddie

Betty Wilson & 4 Bars I'm Yours Dayco

Magnetics When I'm With My Baby Sable

Jimmy Bo Horne I Just Can't Speak Dade

Precisions I Wanna Tell My Baby D Town

Vee Gees Talkin Jump Off

Chuck Cockerham Have I Got A Right Mala

Hamilton Movement She's Gone Look Out

Chuck Holiday Just Can't Trust Nobody Gloria

California Rock Choir Whoever You Are Cyclone

King George I Need You Audio Arts

Impressions Love Me Curtom

Who in gods name put that single mother bedecked in cheap gold and her screaming kid on the train next to Jock and I? Every time I managed to get my fookin eyes shut it was " SHOOT THE FOOK UP !" "WHUR WE GOIN MAM? " "FOOKING EDINBRUH TO SEE YA GRAN!" Didn't half rub it in that did. I managed to get 20 minutes shut eye before Berwick Upon Tweed and the little wretch woke me up by banging her coloured pencils on my knuckles.

It's enough to make you bring up your GNER "All Day Breakfast Ciabatta "!

We were gonna stop at Berwick Upon Tweed - so I could introduce Jock to my parents and ask my mother to put his t-shirt through the DAZ Doorstep Challenge. Alas - due to looking like two escapees from Carstairs we decided against it. Jock - Hope you got the beerstains out mate - mind you after watching James Trouble's moves on the dancefloor I'll should have put mother to work on my skidmarks! :lol::D

Only joking James - should have introduced myself but I was trying to keep warm ;-)

Superb night all round - and great hospitality from Andy, Heather and Chalky. The best night in the country, if you're into tunes rather than gold plated urinals....

Hammy

Guest James Trouble

- mind you after watching James Trouble's moves on the dancefloor I'll should have put mother to work on my skidmarks!  :D   :D

Only joking James - should have introduced myself but I was trying to keep warm ;-)

link

:lol: whatever do you mean?

You sure should have introduced yourself Mr Hammy. i'm not that unaproachable, am I? :P

:lol: whatever do you mean?

You sure should have introduced yourself Mr Hammy. i'm not that unaproachable, am I?  :D

link

Not at all mate - It's just I was in an odd state of paranoia due to wearing a top that made me look like a liquorice allsort !

Hammy

Guest James Trouble

Not at all mate  - It's just I was in an odd state of paranoia due to wearing a top that made me look like a liquorice allsort !

Hammy

link

Oh yeah, I thought I recognised you. :D

bertie.gif